Photographer: Jeff Hahn
Hair Stylist: Charlie Le Mindu
Makeup Artist: Lucy Bridge
Set Designer: Thomas Petherick
Manicurist: Michelle Humphries
Models: Nadja Giramata, Jess Gold, Natasha Ramachandran & Meng Huang

models.com

^ first girl looks gorgeous!

Weird right? But it happens to me a lot of times, actually. It's not rare a certain combination of features, a mole, the shape of an eyebrow can be very disturbing... though, in most cases, it's in a very positive way. I often talk about this as charm but now I think you've just theorized the "uncharm" or "anticharm" (grabbing my phone to call Mariemaud who absolutely needs to hear of this). :lol:

That charm effects works hand in hand to our own perceptions, right?
I used to talk about this with a friend, about how we all belong to a certain 'group'/family of faces, you know, types that resemble each other even in behavior, so pretty often you end up disliking someone upon first glance, without a real basis (say, a combination of features you've never had a good experience with), and turns out, that person does carry personality traits that you specifically disliked already. I think Taylor's face just rubs me the wrong way for something like that.:wacko::lol:

And of course those lines you mention. Past 20, you know relationships are either traffic jam.. bumper to bumper (hah!), or a lonely rural road to hell where the only light is your own (her career would skyrocket with just about enough Bukowski :lol:).

(say hi to Maud for me!)

Ph: David Schulze
Styling: Anthony Unwin / Atelier Management
Hair: Rudi Martins
Makeup: Hung Vannago
Model: Ruby Aldridge / Next

ateliermanagement.com

'GOOD GIRL GONE BAD'
Ph: Mark Kean
Styling:
Julia Sarr-Jamois

'TALK TO THE HAND'
Ph: Dancian
Styling:
Julia Sarr-Jamois

clmuk.com

That charm effects works hand in hand to our own perceptions, right?
I used to talk about this with a friend, about how we all belong to a certain 'group'/family of faces, you know, types that resemble each other even in behavior, so pretty often you end up disliking someone upon first glance, without a real basis (say, a combination of features you've never had a good experience with), and turns out, that person does carry personality traits that you specifically disliked already. I think Taylor's face just rubs me the wrong way for something like that.:wacko::lol:

And of course those lines you mention. Past 20, you know relationships are either traffic jam.. bumper to bumper (hah!), or a lonely rural road to hell where the only light is your own (her career would skyrocket with just about enough Bukowski :lol:).

Not only they (the charm effect and my own more or less misleading perceptions) work hand in hand but I think I'd have a bloody hard time trying to separate them. And I'm very familiar with what you describe next, I've never been able to tell if it was purely the features or a certain expression on such faces (possibly combined with a certain type of features) that were responsible of the unpleasant impression. And, agreeing again, oddly enough it often turns out to be right... :lol:

I guess the Great Charles would give her a career boost but his version of traffic lights (and all kind of dirts, bums, random trash, empty cans, rusty bones and whatever else you may add to the list) would remain more tasty no matter how she turns it with her guitar gigs.

Then, agreeing again (the next one calling me a naysayer definitely has a big issue somewhere :lol:), Nadja Giramata in the beauty ed is just awesome. And the composition of the picture is all I love, remembering this nutty idea of drawing an entire human body on an A4 sheet. Ruby's editorial is alright though not exciting while 'Talk to the Hand' could have given more room to the talented Maria Loks.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are two covers, there's one with her pulling a shocked face with a phone to her ear too.

Was ready to hate the cover, but its actually pretty cool.

"Feel the Glow"
Photographer: Pietro Birindelli
Beauty Editor: Kelly Cornwell
Model: Steffi Soede

Source: Facebook/NewYorkModelManagement

Editorial: Baby It's You
Photographer: Toby Knott
Make Up: Thomas De Kluyver
Model: Marta Dyks

polishmodelsblog.blogspot via MoniqValentino

Same Old Chic Different Day
Dima Hohlov (Photographer)
Grace Cobb (Fashion Editor/Stylist)
Peter Gray (Hair Stylist)
Ariel Yeh (Makeup Artist)
Jennie Nippard (Manicurist)
Nic Burns at Star & Co (Casting Director)

models.com

THREE’S A CROWD
PHOTOGRAPHER: Terry Gates
FASHION EDITOR: Carlos Nazario
HAIR: Nicolas Eldin
MAKE-UP: Morgane Martini
MODELS: Binx, Clarice and Lida Fox (Next)

nextmanagement

It's ALIVE
Photographed by Oliver Hadlee Pearch
Make Up: Lucy Bridge
Model: Agnes Nabuurs

why not models blog

“Feel the Glow”
Photographed by Pietro Birindelli
makeup by Kelly Cornwell
model: Antonina Vasylchenko

why not models blog

Users who are viewing this thread