Working or Volunteering for Fashion Week Shows

fashionyork

Reaction score
Hello there.

I was wondering if someone could offer me any info on how to get a position as a volunteer to work for Olympus Fashion Week. I would love to see how things go backstage.There is a way? How's this work?
Any help its very very welcome :blush:

The "hard way" (because they are more likely to never respond) is to send your CV to the Olympus fashion week website. If you tell them you want to VOLUNTEER (therefore not getting paid), they might be interested in having you.

So many people want to volunteer... it really does help if ya know someone who can get you in :wink:

fashionyork, i was able to volunteer @ the tents by just going into the trailer before fashion week started (usally the week before). If you tell them your a student you can usually get in pretty quickly.

Also, there's a called The Ground Crew run by a lady named Audrey Smalls which supplies backstage help (mostly dressers) for the shows. The only requirements is professionalism and some fashion experience (even retail is fine). They even pay for the hours worked.

Good Luck.

I spoke to a girl last year who was volunteering at a show, and she said that she signed up to do it in school, she attended Parsons. That may be one of the easiest ways in if you don't know anyone to get you in. And I'm not 100% sure about this, but I know that there is a group called the "Ground Crew" who run some of the major shows...try and get their contact information and ask them about volunteering.:flower:

nappywun said:
fashionyork, i was able to volunteer @ the tents by just going into the trailer before fashion week started (usally the week before). If you tell them your a student you can usually get in pretty quickly.

Also, there's a called The Ground Crew run by a lady named Audrey Smalls which supplies backstage help (mostly dressers) for the shows. The only requirements is professionalism and some fashion experience (even retail is fine). They even pay for the hours worked.

Good Luck.

Ooops...Didn't fully read your post:blush:

you can probably go see some of the day time shows or morning shows if you just show up for lesser known designers, if not you can always walk through the tent and get free shampoo and mags :-)

i want to work at backstage of fashion desingers show, anybody know who should i contact

They often get students from FIT and Parsons, that I know of. B)

Does anyone know anything about volunteering at Paris Fashion Week?
Are there any groups that anyone knows of like "Ground Crew" in NY?

Thanks.

Fashion Week Volunteers

I was wondering if anyone knew of how to volunteer at Paris Fashion Week. I'm an American studying abroad in France, and will be in Paris for 2 weeks surrounding Fashion Week, and I would love to volunteer/work there.

Does anyone know of any organizations, companies, people who I could/should contact?
Do I just show up and ask? I speak French so the language isnt a big barrier, but I just have no idea how to even go about this.

Thanks

I'd imagine those folks are a might bit too busy to answer inquiries from emerging fashion enthusiasts...

...but I'd welcome anyone who has access to a real contact for the shows. I'd like to go work them too!

PM me!

They Wont Let Me Volunteer...

Toronto Fashion Week won't allow me to volunteer in March seeing as I am 17 and they will be serving alcohol so I need to be over 19. Stupid if you ask me but whatever. What I'd like to ask is does anyone know of how I can gain any type of experience in the industry through volunteer work in Toronto?

volunteering at la fashion week?

has anyone done it and is it worth the experience?

DIdn't know you could do that... do you have any further information? is this something for students? what do volunteers do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->