Style.com's Top 10 Collections Fall 2010

half of the list is great. the other half is mind boggling.

No Lanvin? It was perhaps the best collection of the entire season.

I loved Mcqueen's as well, but 16 pieces doesn't necessarily gratify it to be in that list for me.
Michael Kors? Seriously? Great collection but not a top ten, that's forsure.
YAY Chanel is there. Personally, Karl was getting too granny before this collection so I'm glad he loosened up and did something fun & outlandish.
Rag & Bone needs to be higher. I'm absolutely blown by that collection and I'd wear everything from it.
I liked Dolce but a it definitely wasn't a highlight from the whole season. Safe and nothing but that.
Prada needs to go to. Sorry, I liked it, but not loving it.

Sometimes, rarely might I add, 16 pieces is enough. :wink: McQueen's collection was stellar and it deserved to be number one. You could tell how hard McQueen worked on that collection and the clothes, essentially, had a life of their own. I agree that Dolce and MK definitely do not deserve to be in the top 10. There were more deserving collections (cough ERDEM cough BALENCIAGA cough RODARTE). :innocent:

I actually think Prada is there just because it's Prada and nothing else. The collection wasn't anything groundbreaking.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with no Haider..thats BS!
I loved Burberry though so I feel they have a spot
McQueen is iffy because I wanted more

It started off quite well and then I got to Chanel and the list mostly fell apart from there but when has anyone agreed with Style.com's list for ages?

First 3-really the best collections!:D

But the rest-hmmm,I would find better ones,even though these aren't sooooooo bad...

totally disagree with all apart from dolce & gabbana. they picked the worst.

This is the second time that i think haider ackermann should have been on the list, but isnt. Why? Probably because putting higher status designers would be more beneficial to style.com than, I dont know, a designer that was an absolute stand out this season. Its too bad that an amazing designer like haider ackermann cant be acknowledged on a greater scale because style.com feel the need to put influential designers for the sake of them being just that and not because of their collections that season. I love chanel, but in no way does it deserve to be on the list. But of course its LAGERFELD/CHANEL. Michael Kors has never been a designer i go out of my way to look into, but this collection was actually amazing imo. Overall Kors bores me, but this season deserves that spot. Prada on the list? Shocker... and D&G, Burberry, and rag and bone... Yes they were good collections but lanvin, christopher kane, louis vuitton, haider ackermann i think would have been more deserving. The only spots i agree with are Marc jacobs, Celine (and im not even old enough to wear that stuff), and dries van noten.

Ok we have to understand that they kinda HAD to put McQueen on there. It would be kinda terrible not to. It's more of a sign of remembrance.

Prada, of course. Its like Vogue will drown if Prada is not on this list.

Im REALLY happy to see Michael Kors here. This was a great collection.

Chanel....um wtf. wtf. WTF. WTF . wtf wtf wtf wtf

Haider Ackermann and Lanvin were unfairly left out. Especially Haider. And I was kinda hoping DSquared was gonna be here :lol:

i don't know why any of you are surprised. of course they're going to choose the most obvious.....it's bloody american vogue for crissakes. every season is as predictable as the last. i'm actually surprised it didn't read even more like a catalogue list than usual. i'm sure dries was only chosen for novelty purposes so they can keep the 'indie respect'.

I totally disagree with this list, but it's surprising coming from style.com. They're usually squealing like little girls about Balenciaga and Lanvin, both of which were great this season, and they didn't include them- but chose Rag & Bone and Michael Kors instead? Louis Vuitton was much stronger than Marc Jacobs. Chanel was fugly as hale, and I can name five collections off the top of my head that were better than Dolce and Gabbana.

I don't know what they were on when they made this list. :blink:

Do they just put Chanel on the list just for putting them there or does Karl pay Style.com?! If there was ONE collection that sucked so badly it was Chanel. With that horrendous, awful and nightmare collection. The people thinking that it was a good collection are not right in their mind. No excuse.

And where is Haider? He should have been atleast at the second spot. If not first. The details were phenomenal, the cuts out of this world.

This list just boggles my mind. And the one who made it should be fired for not doing their job properly.

If there was ONE collection that sucked so badly it was Chanel. With that horrendous, awful and nightmare collection. The people thinking that it was a good collection are not right in their mind. No excuse.

Then I must be not in my right mind. And style.com as well.:rolleyes:

Style.com list always sucks!It's more a "suggestion to what to buy" list more than "best collections" :lol:
Of course Mcqueen had to be there,mostly because it was his last collection...
SO HAPPY to see Chanel!!!People focused much on the yeti looks and didn't notice the wonderful details and the perfect styling,the huge melting iceberg was also another distracting element
Other collections maybe be boring and not innovative at all,but they will sell like nuts(Dolce,Kors and Burberry),and this the most important thing for vogue,etc(do you really think they care about the quality or the inspiration a collection has? :rolleyes: )

i don't know why any of you are surprised. of course they're going to choose the most obvious.....it's bloody american vogue for crissakes. every season is as predictable as the last. i'm actually surprised it didn't read even more like a catalogue list than usual. i'm sure dries was only chosen for novelty purposes so they can keep the 'indie respect'.
I honestly think that with all the criticisms you could throw at this list of top 10 collections, calling it predictable is the absolute last thing that comes to mind. Save for Prada, Jacobs and Chanel none of the designers included are perennial Style.com choices by any stretch of the imagination.

I can see if people find the list bizarre, and I definitely think there are a few glaring omissions, but most of the big name collections that are frequently on this list each season were left out.

I sure as hell wouldn't have bet money on seeing D&G, Burberry, Kors or Rag & Bone on a Style.com list, especially not in a season when those predictable names that everyone b*tches about seeing every season (Balenciaga, Lanvin, Givenchy, Proenza Schouler, etc.) were, in fact, better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"