Style.com's Top 10 Collections Fall 2010

I honestly think that with all the criticisms you could throw at this list of top 10 collections, calling it predictable is the absolute last thing that comes to mind. Save for Prada, Jacobs and Chanel none of the designers included are perennial Style.com choices by any stretch of the imagination.

I can see if people find the list bizarre, and I definitely think there are a few glaring omissions, but most of the big name collections that are frequently on this list each season were left out.

I sure as hell wouldn't have bet money on seeing D&G, Burberry, Kors or Rag & Bone on a Style.com list, especially not in a season when those predictable names that everyone b*tches about seeing every season (Balenciaga, Lanvin, Givenchy, Proenza Schouler, etc.) were, in fact, better.

i'd have something to say, but you've actually made my point better than i could possibly hope to. while i see glaring omissions, this list does not fall into the typical style.com list category. seriously, most times the list is a love song to all of the big fashion conglomerates that keep vogue operating.

that Top 10 puts me to sleep; what were they thinking?? honestly, american vogue has become way too political for my liking. teenvogue is no different.

I respect the talent of A.McQueen and it was strong collection with some very great peaces, but no it wasn't the best .
And Chanel with Dolce & Gabana.. come on!
Michael Kors? - ok, it was good collection. But that's it - nothing big there too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree with McQueen on the list and Burberry was just bad. Aside from that....where was Lanvin?!?!

yes, i feel like they already have their "favorites" picked out even before the shows begin

most of them are ok, and some of those are my favs indeed, but Prada, Burberry and Chanel? not so sure about those ones.

I have to say I'm confused why everyone gets so passionate about this list every season. We know what to expect, we know we all have our own opinions about who was the best, and we know Style.com is going to be political.

And this "Top 10" list isn't prestigious by any stretch of the imagination, so why do we bother bashing it? Yes, Style.com is the accepted authority and site "of record" for pictures of the collections, but in the end there's no reason to care about their rankings....just sayin'.

who cares style.com's ranking? isnt that a kind of joke as models.com's ranking

who cares style.com's ranking? isnt that a kind of joke as models.com's ranking

Yes and No.

Yes, it is a joke, but not really because there is some weight as it is Conde Nast's flagship online brand. It's the virtual extension of Vogue.

They should have put Lanvin in there instead of Michael Kors imo. Alber's collection was just incredible :heart: so it deserves a place in the top 10.

I'm actually quite happy that neither lanvin, balenciaga, dior or balmain made the list.
the only odd was chanel, which was horrible this season...

WWD Top 10 Collections of Fall 2010

top-ten-opener.jpg

1. Balenciaga

top-ten01.jpg

Nicolas Ghesquière delivered another nimble negotiation between his futuristic pursuits and reverence for the Balenciaga legacy.
2. Burberry Prorsum

top-ten02.jpg

Christopher Bailey showed exactly who’s in command with a powerful and sexy military-themed collection.
3. Celine

top-ten03.jpg

Phoebe Philo served up streamlined sportswear grounded in bourgeois staples and detailed with equestrian panache.
4. Chanel

top-ten04.jpg

Karl Lagerfeld created a winter wonderland with luscious faux fur, textured tweeds, gorgeous dresses—and a 270-ton iceberg.
5. Christian Dior

top-ten05.jpg

John Galliano explored English riding country with a savvy dose of London street irreverence and unencumbered sensuality.
6. Dolce & Gabbana

top-ten06.jpg

Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana saluted sartorialita—tailoring, Italian-style, all gorgeously crafted and refined.
7. Donna Karan

top-ten07.jpg

Marking her 25th anniversary, Donna Karan worked the romantic end of her range as well as standout tailoring in handsome coats and suits.
8. Marc Jacobs

top-ten08.jpg

Beautiful was more than enough as Marc Jacobs celebrated the great American classics, including his own.
9. Michael Kors

top-ten09.jpg

Michael Kors sent out a dissertation on pragmatic chic, underscored by relaxed luxury and womanly sensuality.
10. Prada

top-ten10.jpg

Miuccia Prada went slightly retro with her unconventional, conservative take on suggestive sex appeal.
wwd.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Wwd's top 10 is pretty much the same as style's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"