Style.com's Top 10 Collections Fall 2010

I'm glad to see Micheal Kors and Rag and Bone since they were on my list of favorites this season as well.

i don't know why any of you are surprised. of course they're going to choose the most obvious.....it's bloody american vogue for crissakes. every season is as predictable as the last. i'm actually surprised it didn't read even more like a catalogue list than usual. i'm sure dries was only chosen for novelty purposes so they can keep the 'indie respect'.

So very true. Always remember this whenever you read one of these Top 10 Lists. Politics will always play a major role in these types of lists. If Louis Vuitton doesn't make the list for the season, you can bet your bottom dolla that Marc Jacobs will, and visa versa...

And I thought it was a nice and respectable gesture for them to give the top honor to McQueen.

ooooh THAT list again :lol:
christopher kane for sure was one of the most fab...

Really? Burberry, Rag & Bone and Chanel? Really?!?
I get Kors....it was one of his strongst outings in seasons. Dolce would've gotten my vote as well, cause I felt the hype all the editors were talking about. Prada and MJ were shoe-in and not only because they are who they are but also because they were indeed some of the best collections this season. The best was Dries in my book so yay.

this lost validity after seeing Chanel.McQueen got the sympathy vote.

Sad but very true. If he wasn't dead he wouldn't have made it on there, even though his collection truly derserved to be there. Style's list of shows sucks, always. I have no idea how they pick the shows but seriously...Chanel?! They must be getting paid, or they are blind. There are plenty of shows that deserved to be there, but aren't. -_-

It's no surprise that more than half this list is based on American Designers. The List should have gone accordingly so:

1. Alexander McQueen
2. Balenciaga
3. Burberry Prorsum
3. Celine
4. Dries Van Noten
5. Erdem
6. Lanvin
7. Marc Jacobs
8. Prada
10. Thakoon

That's just what I beleive it should be...

^ If by "half" you mean "three out of ten", then yes, half the list is American designers.

In the past I feel NY designers have been neglected on this list so I'm glad to see at least three-- all very deserving-- finally being acknowledged.

No Balenciaga on the list? Someone put it in a calendar, such a historical moment.

And I totally don't get Chanel on the list either, but well.

My only issue with Kors' inclusion is that his collection was amazing for him, but overall? I don't even think it was the best New York collection (I'd give that distinction to Donna Karan).

The omissions of Balenciaga and Lanvin are GLARING. What happened? It's especially ironic given that they were both better this season than they were last (especially Lanvin). :huh: And we all know Haider Ackermann was one of, if not THE, best collections of the season.

first of all-
burberry was incredibly good...

and second...
i don't get why you all don't like chanel...
i thought it was absolute genius...
the best thing karl has done in years...
*even fendi was amazing and i would have put that there as well...

and what's with all the lanvin love...?
it DOES look the SAME...over and over ...
the hair and make up was the best part of the show and that is not what this is about...
it's about the actual clothes...

and i thought both balenciaga and givenchy were hideously bad...
like..not even kind of bad...but really freaking awful...
:ninja:...

i think they care about both creativity but also viability and relevance in the market...
they are saying this is what people should be wearing...
if they want to look stylish and not stupid...
it's just their point of view...

^_^

i think it's funny they put rag and bone there...
vogue's one small acknowledgment of our flailing economy...

Last edited by a moderator:
first of all-
burberry was incredibly good...

and second...
i don't get why you all don't like chanel...
i thought it was absolute genius...
the best thing karl has done in years...
*even fendi was amazing and i would have put that there as well...

and what's with all the lanvin love...?
it DOES look the SAME...over and over ...
the hair and make up was the best part of the show and that is not what this is about...
it's about the actual clothes...

and i thought both balenciaga and givenchy were hideously bad...
like..not even kind of bad...but really freaking awful...
:ninja:...

i think they care about both creativity but also viability and relevance in the market...
they are saying this is what people should be wearing...
if they want to look stylish and not stupid...
it's just their point of view...

^_^

i think it's funny they put rag and bone there...
vogue's one small acknowledgment of our flailing economy...

And Chanel doesn't? :rolleyes: Chanel's inclusion is probably just fashion magazine politics along with most of the others. One wonders if these brands just paid Vogue to be on that list.

see i would have at least mentioned the collection of a.f. vandevorst,demeulemeester,yohji and/or sophia kokosalaki.

About Chanel and Lanvin over this list.

Chanel was amazing this season, the work with the fur and the tweed was incredible, of course karl has the job to reinvent the typical chanel look with the tweed jackets and the black dresses but never gets boring. and most of the people don't think about that, and I agree with softgrey, why everyone hates that collection? I thought it was an amazing step forward for Karl, and for me I can see a real work in Chanel's collection, and not just playing with the fabrics, and make borings looks (with an amazing make up, gloves, wigs...) than Lanvin (most of the people think it should be on this list)... It just to compare the first 20 looks of Chanel with the first 20 looks of Lanvin and see what's best and who really worked harder.

Chanel was amazing this season, the work with the fur and the tweed was incredible, of course karl has the job to reinvent the typical chanel look with the tweed jackets and the black dresses but never gets boring.

Sure, it only gets more and more disgusting. Karl seems to try anything to attract attention, I wouldn't be surprised if he staged a huge Chanel bordello in Grand Palais and sent out the army of CC logo-ed prostitutes next season.

For me his collection just scream Retirement.

OK - I know I am repeating what many have said ... but CHANEL? That was the worst collection by Karl I have seen since ... well maybe ever. :yuk: And D&G? What was special about that collection? Because it got sentimental with the video thingy? :shock:

To not include Lanvin and Ackerman is a crime, a crime I tell you. :angry:

The others, well, I can deal with: Rag and Bone was good. So was Jacobs. So were Kors and Prada. Not maybe outstanding though.

I actually agree with Dries, McQueen, Burberry, Celine. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"