Yohji Yamamoto S/S 2015 Paris

my post only happened after your explanation of the collection. your post is the sensei of mine.
and, with this kind of stuff especially, my english is just possible somewhat attired. if I let it walk around almost naked, it has to look like falling apart more. :ninja:

yohji's hypothesis is there is not anything that is sexy, but that there are moments when it is being sexy. that it's conditional. for example, from his sketch below, I guess he thinks a woman is being sexy between self-consciousness spans, in the blank for a moment. maybe that's what he wanted to capture there.
and here it happens between yarns, fabrics, or panels.

with kimono, there are terms like nukiemon (抜き衣紋), hidarizuma (左褄), etc. they are the traditional ways for it.

fashionpress

Attachments

• card-02.jpg
    card-02.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1
just for reference, goyoh hashiguchi (famous for his book cover designs from the taisho period)

ja.ukiyo-e.org
cardiac
ukiyoe.or.jp

Attachments

• hashiguchi.gif
    hashiguchi.gif
    59.7 KB · Views: 1
  • hashiguchi hot spring.jpg
    hashiguchi hot spring.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 1
  • kesho no onna.jpg
    kesho no onna.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 1
  • b0044404_21291229.jpg
    b0044404_21291229.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 46
:bounce:
let it be naked~!
fly---be free~~~!!!

:clap:...:stuart:...:sideways:...

i think it's almost easier to express yourself that way when trying to communicate certain concepts...
and i find it quite easy to comprehend because all i have to do is focus on the words and how they relate to one another...
rather than trying to digest a whole series of sentences...
which can sometimes be quite opaque- *difficult to see through...

anyway...
i'm glad my point of view caused you to write your point of view...
i see your point very clearly now and i think it goes with mine quite well...
:P...

i do remember yohji saying that he finds a woman most sexy when she is working...probably completely unaware of being observed...
it took me some time to comprehend that, but i do understand it now...
i can put myself in his shoes and see it through his eyes...

i also always remember something he said...
every time he sees a woman what he wants to say to her is...
"can i help you?"...

and he does help me...
all the time... yes, thank you very much...
:blush:

yes--- kimono is inherently sexy, imho...
it is only held together by the obi sash, after all...
so i think there is always the idea in one's mind that it might fall open...
and it certainly slides off easily...
^_^
even when there are several layers of kimono...it's sexy...
like salome and the "dance of the seven veils"...
like a strip tease...

i confess...
i think that it might be somewhat difficult for me to wear one in public, even over my western clothing, because it just feels like something for the bedroom...
like lingerie...

:ninja::wink::innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
to tell the truth, I did a bit of haiku in english there for yohji's work. :P and since I was speaking to you and believe in your intuition, I didn't mean such clarity as we'd expect from say home appliances instructions that are to be read under the fluorescent lights. insights are best suggested, just like the stars shine in the dark. this is what haiku is about ( hence the illustration by amano to complement obscurity ) and I wanted to say if I let my english skill try that naked - emotionally or sensuously instead of "cerebrally", we have to see the stars exploding.

yohji_15ss_49.jpg

yohji_15ss_68.jpg

yohji_15ss_70.jpg

fashionpress

to tell the truth, I did a bit of haiku in english there for yohji's work. :P and since I was speaking to you and believe in your intuition, I didn't mean such clarity as we'd expect from say home appliances instructions that are to be read under the fluorescent lights. insights are best suggested, just like the stars shine in the dark. this is what haiku is about ( hence the illustration by amano to complement obscurity ) and I wanted to say if I let my english skill try that naked - emotionally or sensuously instead of "cerebrally", we have to see the stars exploding.

ah yes! wakatta about haiku...
:stuart:...

cool!...

runner-
the way you manage to be so funny and so poetic with your imagery never ceases to charm, surprise and amaze me...
:P...:D

one moment it's home appliance instructions and fluorescent lights...
the next, it's exploding stars...

you paint beautiful pictures...
i am entranced by your words...

:heart:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back