Yohji Yamamoto S/S 2019 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by June, Sep 29, 2018.

1. June

June Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    vogue

perfect blue and MulletProof like this.
  2. June

June Well-Known Member

3. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

The construction of the two red dresses are totally worthy of the master he is. Kinda exceptional.
    I’ve never seen so many black girls on a Japanese designer’s runway.

4. EstefaniaAbaddon

EstefaniaAbaddon Well-Known Member

Those last 5 looks brought tears to my eyes. So beautiful of him. As always, I'm dying for the outerwear. He is the best!

5. xoxoadore

xoxoadore Member

sometimes I think buying designer items isn't worth it but with Yohji...everything is different, its like a dream :crush:

Benn98 likes this.
  6. Not Plain Jane

Not Plain Jane Well-Known Member

long and lean with crushes and peek-a-boos :heart:
    the zippered pieces were such a surprise i chuckled with joy. :kiss:

7. MsCrow

MsCrow Member

There’s not a single piece here that I don’t want to wear. Beautifully cut. Interesting. Pleasing.

8. StockholmFW

StockholmFW Well-Known Member

9. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Active Member

The second half was just incredible, one of my favorites of his in recent years. The twisted coat/dress, the bunched up white coat and all the other ones with brushstokes on them, the final white and black looks...they were just exquisite. The last true great master.

I really liked the pants that were cut-out to look like stockings, such a nice styiling trick that gives a cheeky and dare I say sexy touch to the more somber looks.

10. June

June Well-Known Member

Loved the collection, but above all the last five looks. I want to wear every single one of them!

11. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

One of the very few collections I'd like to inspect in person to see just how he manages all the draping detail! Look 2 and 4 especially. YohjiAddict mentioned Barbie in another thread, but I'm getting those vibes here especially with the draped tops and skirts. It does hark back to simplistic child-like draping, which is quite interesting. Must admit the voluminous pieces seem somewhat out of place for me because it's just one short segment, and it doesn't add anything. But I'm pleasantly surprised and impressed with his cultural sensitivity and appreciation with the headscarves on a black cast. Especially when you bear in mind that this brand somewhat flies under the radar and wouldn't have been 'called out' for any insensitivity, the need he saw to do it right towithout begin with is commendable.

12. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

I’m so happy to see this many compliments for the collection, I thought it was exquisite and the pops of color are magical. Final looks are just dreamy.

softgrey likes this.
  13. perfect blue

perfect blue Member

Really strong collection. He is one of the reasons why I am more inspired by Japanese clothing.