Yohji Yamamoto S/S 2019 Paris

The construction of the two red dresses are totally worthy of the master he is. Kinda exceptional.
I’ve never seen so many black girls on a Japanese designer’s runway.

Those last 5 looks brought tears to my eyes. So beautiful of him. As always, I'm dying for the outerwear. He is the best!

sometimes I think buying designer items isn't worth it but with Yohji...everything is different, its like a dream :crush:

long and lean with crushes and peek-a-boos :heart:
the zippered pieces were such a surprise i chuckled with joy. :kiss:

There’s not a single piece here that I don’t want to wear. Beautifully cut. Interesting. Pleasing.

The second half was just incredible, one of my favorites of his in recent years. The twisted coat/dress, the bunched up white coat and all the other ones with brushstokes on them, the final white and black looks...they were just exquisite. The last true great master.

I really liked the pants that were cut-out to look like stockings, such a nice styiling trick that gives a cheeky and dare I say sexy touch to the more somber looks.

Loved the collection, but above all the last five looks. I want to wear every single one of them!

One of the very few collections I'd like to inspect in person to see just how he manages all the draping detail! Look 2 and 4 especially. YohjiAddict mentioned Barbie in another thread, but I'm getting those vibes here especially with the draped tops and skirts. It does hark back to simplistic child-like draping, which is quite interesting. Must admit the voluminous pieces seem somewhat out of place for me because it's just one short segment, and it doesn't add anything. But I'm pleasantly surprised and impressed with his cultural sensitivity and appreciation with the headscarves on a black cast. Especially when you bear in mind that this brand somewhat flies under the radar and wouldn't have been 'called out' for any insensitivity, the need he saw to do it right towithout begin with is commendable.

I’m so happy to see this many compliments for the collection, I thought it was exquisite and the pops of color are magical. Final looks are just dreamy.

Really strong collection. He is one of the reasons why I am more inspired by Japanese clothing.

This collection is beautiful!! Yohji is a gift to the fashion world!!
One of the greatest designers imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->