Your Best & Worst Collections of S/S 2020

These are my favorite collections of Spring/Summer 2020 in alphabetical order, because I can't rank them EXCEPT for my no.1 which is of course not the best collection of the season but the best collection I've seen this year.

1) Dries Van Noten
2) Alexander McQueen
3) Balenciaga
4) Hermès
5) JW Anderson
6) Loewe
7) Marni
8) Maison Margiela
9) Marc Jacobs
10) Rick Owens

The collections that I liked the least were: Balmain, Courrèges, Chanel, Giambattista Valli, Mugler, Nina Ricci.

Last edited:
Best:
1. Dries Van Noten
2. Maison Margiela
3. Rick Owens
4. Loewe
5. Simone Rocha

Honorable Mention and I can’t believe I’d even think of them:
1. Proenza Schouler
2. Richard Quinn

Worst:
1. Givenchy (iwasrootingforyou.gif)
2. Balmain
3. Dior
4. Lanvin
5. Nina Ricci

Boring: anything else

Just stream of consciousness:

Best:

1. DRIES X LACROIX
  2. Celine
  3. Louis Vuitton
  4. Lemaire
  5. Margaret Howell
  6. Margiela
  7. Prada
  8. Rick Owens
Cute but could be better:
  1. Chanel
  2. Valentino
  3. Bottega Veneta
  4. Theyskens
  5. Haider
  6. Chloe
  7. Miu Miu
Trash:
  1. Lanvin
  2. Givenchy
  3. Dior
  4. Courreges
  5. Schiaparelli
NYFW is just one big "whatever".

Frankly, I think this season was better than the one that came before it, if only slightly.
My Top 10 Best & Worst shows:

BEST
01. Nº 21
02. Dries van Noten
03. Moschino
04. Rick Owens
05. Issey Miyake
06. Junya Watanabe
07. Simone Rocha
08. Act Nº1
09. J.W. Anderson
10. Maison Margiela
Other great shows: Missoni, Erdem, Vaquera, Yohji Yamamoto, Dion Lee, Carolina Herrera, Iceberg

WORST
01. Guy Laroche
02. Paul & Joe
03. Schiaparelli
04. Courrèges
05. Dennis Basso
06. Fendi
07. LaQuan Smith
08. Vivetta
09. Givenchy
10. Atsushi Nakashima
Other awful shows: Giambattista Valli, Prabal Gurung, Anteprima, Dior, Burberry, Altuzarra

TOO VILE TO BE THE BEST BUT TOO MUCH FUN TO BE THE WORST, SO IT EXISTS IN ANOTHER PLANE OF EXISTENCE BEYOND GOOD & BAD
01. GCDS

what were Business of Fashion's Top 10 runway shows this season? Does anyone know?

what were Business of Fashion's Top 10 runway shows this season? Does anyone know?

1. Prada

The Prada show displayed deliberate naivety, as Miuccia Prada made the most irresistibly simple and elegant case for the view that nothing needs to be as disposable as we have allowed it to be.

2. JW Anderson

What was clear with this collection is how Jonathan Anderson's dedication to craft has become a thing of awesomely precise beauty: something that rewards the most minute scrutiny.

3. Balenciaga

Demna Gvasalia's latest collection felt like a forensic analysis of the corrupting nature of power itself, rippling out through the worlds of those that have it and those that don’t.

4. Loewe

What was clear with this collection is how Jonathan Anderson's dedication to craft has become a thing of awesomely precise beauty. It rewards the most minute scrutiny.

5. Alexander McQueen

Stories were embedded in the very fabric of the collection at McQueen. There have been seasons when Sarah Burton’s allegiance to her past crippled her own relevance. Not this time.

6. Dries Van Noten

In the most surprising partnership of the season, Dries Van Noten and Christian Lacroix melded their minds and delivered an edgy extravagance forged in compatibility.

7. Simone Rocha

Inspired by Ireland’s wren boys, the exquisite pieces that made up Simone Rocha’s latest collection seem destined to become nothing less than heirlooms, worthy of new traditions to come.

8. Noir Kei Ninomiya

Rei Kawakubo protégé Kei Ninomiya offered a highly imaginative, emotional and, ultimately, poetic take on the subject of sustainability. This was Noir's most accomplished and captivating show since the label hit Paris a few years ago.

9. Marni

Francesco Risso's show for Marni was a riot of beauty informed by his experience in the Amazon. The message it sent was that luxury can be redefined for the revolution.

10. Marc Jacobs

Guests at Marc Jacobs were arranged in little groups of white-washed vintage seating at the back of a 4-acre room, as models stormed onto the floor dressed in one-off, madcap looks, accessorised with shearling-covered Mary Janes and sequinned top hats.
businessoffashion.com

1. Prada

The Prada show displayed deliberate naivety, as Miuccia Prada made the most irresistibly simple and elegant case for the view that nothing needs to be as disposable as we have allowed it to be.

2. JW Anderson

What was clear with this collection is how Jonathan Anderson's dedication to craft has become a thing of awesomely precise beauty: something that rewards the most minute scrutiny.

3. Balenciaga

Demna Gvasalia's latest collection felt like a forensic analysis of the corrupting nature of power itself, rippling out through the worlds of those that have it and those that don’t.

4. Loewe

What was clear with this collection is how Jonathan Anderson's dedication to craft has become a thing of awesomely precise beauty. It rewards the most minute scrutiny.

5. Alexander McQueen

Stories were embedded in the very fabric of the collection at McQueen. There have been seasons when Sarah Burton’s allegiance to her past crippled her own relevance. Not this time.

6. Dries Van Noten

In the most surprising partnership of the season, Dries Van Noten and Christian Lacroix melded their minds and delivered an edgy extravagance forged in compatibility.

7. Simone Rocha

Inspired by Ireland’s wren boys, the exquisite pieces that made up Simone Rocha’s latest collection seem destined to become nothing less than heirlooms, worthy of new traditions to come.

8. Noir Kei Ninomiya

Rei Kawakubo protégé Kei Ninomiya offered a highly imaginative, emotional and, ultimately, poetic take on the subject of sustainability. This was Noir's most accomplished and captivating show since the label hit Paris a few years ago.

9. Marni

Francesco Risso's show for Marni was a riot of beauty informed by his experience in the Amazon. The message it sent was that luxury can be redefined for the revolution.

10. Marc Jacobs

Guests at Marc Jacobs were arranged in little groups of white-washed vintage seating at the back of a 4-acre room, as models stormed onto the floor dressed in one-off, madcap looks, accessorised with shearling-covered Mary Janes and sequinned top hats.
businessoffashion.com
Thank you! Can you send me Angelo Flaccavento's Report on paris fashion week Please?

BEST: Dries, Marc, Erdem, Junya, Issey and Yohji

WORST: Dior, Fendi, Givenchy, Schiaparelli

Honorable Mentions: Seis Marjan, Emila Wickstead, Halpern, Afterhomework, Sacai, Gucci, Prada

Where is Delpozo? They were one of the few shows I constantly looked forward to and it's like they've disappeared from the face of the earth.

Where is Delpozo? They were one of the few shows I constantly looked forward to and it's like they've disappeared from the face of the earth.

Josep Font left Delpozo last year. :cry:

Best is Yohji Yamamoto, worst is Balmain in my opinion.

The few shows and collections I really liked were Marc Jacobs, Moschino, Dries Van Noten, Loewe, JW Anderson, Junya Watanabe, Rick Owens.
Shows that were nice but I expected more from were Prada, Chloe, McQueen and Valentino.
Shows that were boring and/or disappointing definitely include Chanel, Fendi, Versace, Lanvin, Givenchy, Burberry and more names would belong to this list.. it goes on and on and on :innocent:

Marc Jacobs, Dries, Louis Vuitton, Victoria Beckham , Loewe, Lemaire and Celine were my favs.

Worst (too many to count) but big houses like Marni, Chanel, Dior, Givenchy, Saint Laurent, DG take honors for that

Balmain is perennial trash

Lutz Huelle is the new CD, but he hasn't done much with it. I miss that brand :(
his hands might be tied . There was a piece in WWD in June saying that Delpozo was looking for Investors , always a sign for trouble . Lutz’s Debut was scheduled for London in September, nothing happened, and no news since . I’m worried that there might be bigger issues , but I suppose we’ll now if and when they find an investor . The question is if they don’t what will happen to the brand ?

I came here just to say Margiela. Wow. I wasn't waiting for such a thing. It was a great treasure as a collection to find out.

I'm just so happy to see John do so good these days.

There is a thread where we can post the our top 10, or something like that, of the decade?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->