Your Favorite Primer?

soandsos

Reaction score
I have fallen in love with Givenchy's Mister Mat to have underneath of my mineral foundation. It actually does a considerable job at controlling my shine during the day.

I use Caudalie Eau de Beauté before applying my daycream. I'm not sure it's categorized as a primer, but it smoothens my skin and gives me a glowing complexion, and it's really good at making the make-up stay in place. I used to wear a Giorgio Armani primer, but Caudalie works better for me.

I use Banila Co Prime Primer for dry skin..I really like it.

I use Laura Mercier's Foundation Primer- Oil Free. I had stopped using it for a while. My skin is more smooth now when I use it. It also makes taking off makeup a breeze. It disappears faster than before when I was just layering with moisturizer. My skin is in better shape.

Currently i'm liking using Soap and Glory - CLEAR HERE mattifying primer. I also love using NARS primer too.

I use that L'Oreal Studio secrets primer in the little pink pot. it's really great and only about $12 or $13.

For eyes, I like Urban Decay Shadow Primer Potion, though as a makeup artist I've heard many rave reviews about Too Faced Shadow Insurance. MAC Paint Pots in a colour close to your skin tone are also wonderful primers. I use Painterly. As for face primers, I'm all about Smashbox ... totally forget what the product's called, but all of them are wonderful.

Yeah I use Urban Decay Shadow Primer Potion too, the only thing I don't like about it is that you have to depot it...

^They have a new version of it, it comes in a tube with the same wand as the original...so you can get all the product out :D

I'm trying to find an affordable primer. I do like Smashbox, but I'm looking at E.L.F... does anybody have affordable primer recommendations?

Laura Mericer Foundation Primer for my face
Too Faced Shadow Insurance for my lids
Love them both to death.

I don't wear a foundation since I don't really get blemishes, but I'm oily so I do need a mattefier which usually comes in primer form.

Sephora's Anti-Shine primer is the best I've tried and it's also among the cheapest. The l'Oreal drugstore primer is decent and $12.99 at my CVS, so I think $18 for the Sephora brand is pretty good. proactiv's mattefying gel is good too and lasts a while, but a little pricier at $22 the last I checked.

has anyone heard of using milk of magnesia as a primer? It's something like $3 and I've heard it's great at controlling oil, I just wonder about the cumulative effects of magnesium on the face. plus I worry it would water down my spf.

L'Oreal Studio Secrets Smoothing Resurfacing Primer
2009724142721278.jpg

its like Jesus in a jar.

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
urbandecayeyeshadowprim.jpg

Cant believe I ever wore eye makeup without this stuff.

boots.com

has anyone heard of using milk of magnesia as a primer? It's something like $3 and I've heard it's great at controlling oil, I just wonder about the cumulative effects of magnesium on the face. plus I worry it would water down my spf.

I have NOT heard of this! I'd be interested in knowing if it works, as well.

A primer question: Do I apply it before or after my moisturizer? Is it primer, moisturizer, tinted moisturizer? Or moisturizer, primer, tinted moisturizer? I can't believe I've gone through life without using primers. :doh:

^You don't need to use both a moisturiser and a primer unless you have particularly dry skin. If you are going to wear both then just apply moisturiser to the driest parts of your face and then wait a good 20-30 minutes before applying the primer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
franckcl17
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->