Your Favorite TV Shows that were Cancelled

Erin

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion
Reaction score
Now that I think of it, some of my most favorite shows got canceled very, very early in their runs...

My list goes something like this...

Starved
The Comeback (with Lisa Kudrow - so hilarious... so sad it only survived one season on HBO)
Freaks and Geeks (Critics' darling, poor ratings)

^i concur with the comeback. to me just as clever as curb your enthusiasm. stupid execs.

i just learned the other day that one of the best written and acted series 'saving grace' on TNT was cancelled in september and the upcoming season is actually the final 9 episodes. truly sad because i thought holly was brilliant. i loved the idea....immortality and supernatural guardian angels....somehow without being condescending or shoving it down one's throat.

another great programme that ended was la femme nikita.

um...hamtaro anyone???? i was so mad when cartoon network pushed it away; it was pretty much my favorite show when i was younger

^i concur with the comeback. to me just as clever as curb your enthusiasm.

Absolutely. I felt so uncomfortable/embarrassed for Valerie during some parts, and that made me realize how good the show really was. I found the DVD for $4 at TJMaxx (after watching originally) and I was thrilled.

another great programme that ended was la femme nikita.

Mom mom used to watch this... it was her guilty pleasure... I wrote it off as "fluff" but never actually saw an episode...

freaks and geeks, arrested development, sports night and my so-called life (i don't think i ever got over that)...
thank goodness fox brought family guy back...:lol:

^ My So-Called Life, how could I forget???

^ My So-Called Life, how could I forget???

^I concur.
I got hooked on that show after they started playing episodes on the Noggin channel like 4 years ago.
I hate that Ugly Betty is getting cancelled :cry:
It was getting so juicy as of late and was overall funny as hell.

PUSHING DAISIES!!!

i'm still not over it to be honest. it had everything you could want- original story lines, kristen chenoweth, great costumes, good acting and dreamy lee pace. wonderful, wonderful show that didn't deserve to go like that!

Absolutely. I felt so uncomfortable/embarrassed for Valerie during some parts, and that made me realize how good the show really was. I found the DVD for $4 at TJMaxx (after watching originally) and I was thrilled.

Mom mom used to watch this... it was her guilty pleasure... I wrote it off as "fluff" but never actually saw an episode...

omg,i was so obsessed with it! the style.....the whole underground spy thing...

I have bad luck with TV shows. I don't even like to pick any as my super # 1 favorite because I'm positive I must be dooming them when I do that.

Wonderfalls
Arrested Development
Pushing Daisies :(
I guess I could include Roswell too.

I'm pretty sure there are probably more I can't currently remember.

Oh goodness, and in the early 90s... as a young girl, mind you... I liked a show called Angel Falls, with Kim Cattrall. Bet nobody remembers that one. :innocent:

hear hear :cry:

There were also a lot of shows that I couldn't watch anymore because they were past my bed-time or were going on during school hours :furious:

Last edited by a moderator:
^YES! I loved Girlfriends.
Also, was Boy Meets World canceled? I never saw a series finale. If it was canceled, then it's #1 on my list of favorite canceled shows.

I am so mad that this is going to be the last season for Ugly Betty! I'm sure i'm going to miss it, just like i've missed The L Word when it first ended :ninja::P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->