Your Must-see Spring '04 Collections

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
Mine . . .

Alexander Mcqueen- After 5 shows under the DeSole-Gucci Group and a gorgeous tundric Fall collection, Whats next for the former bad-boy?

Andrew Gn- Had a bad Fall collection will he make a good Spring one?

Balenciaga- Nicolas Ghesquiere is one of the most original desingers in years, it's a given to see what's next!

Cappuci- See 'Capucci Fall 2003' thread.

Dior- See Galiano.

John Galliano- He colud get almost any reference on earth? After the Russian Circus, the Orient and India and Bollywood, What could he do next? Plus whats after a sophisticated Fall collection?

Rochas- After a dazzling debut, everyone is excited to see what Olivier Theyskens will do next.

YSL Rive Gauche- My last chance for Tom Ford . . . . will he do a non-sex-uped collection?

My picks:

Olivier Theyskens for Rochas - After such a great A/W debut, I'm dying to see what he does for Spring.

Lanvin - Alber Elbaz is genius.

Yohji Yamamoto - Do I even need to say anything?

Helmut Lang - The master of minimalism is introducing new fabrics I'm anxious to see.

Issey Miyake - Never disappoints.

Comme des Garçons - Rei Kawakubo is always innovative. I'm excited to see what she's going to turn out next.

Nicolas Ghesquière for Balenciaga - I've been a little disappointed with his last few collections. :doh: I'm hoping he will churn out something better than last S/S's show. Enough of the high rise pants, no one wears them.

Jil Sander - I'm interested to see what she does with her "comeback".

Zero by Maria Cornejo - She had a very impressive and modern A/W collection. She's never done a S/S from what I know.

Proenza Schouler - I know people are wanting them to fail, but they are so darn good looking. :blush:

Viktor & Rolf - Always entertaining.

Francisco Costa for Calvin Klein - I hope she doesn't steer away too far from what Calvin is known for.

Cool Picks Astrid! :flower:

I forgot Helmut Lang (becaus he's using new fabrics and is out of too-much minimalism), Viktor & Rolf (agree always entertaining) and Calvin Klein (there's a new desinger, that's about it)! Also I am dissapointed with Ghesquiere's past collections.

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Jul 4th, 2003 - 7:37 am
I forgot Helmut Lang (becaus he's using new fabrics and is out of too-much minimalism), and Calvin Klein (there's a new desinger, that's about it)!
What do you mean about Helmut Lang? :mellow: Calvin Klein having a new designer is a little weird to me. I'm such a fan of Calvin, and as other people put it, "His boring designs".

Didn't you notice his Spring '03 collection he didn't do the traditional black and white plus he got surfing inspiration for that collection and used new materials he hasn't used before! I'm also not saying he totally broke out minimalism he just used new deatils he had not used before! :flower:

Plus I'm not saying 'Yey! Calvin has a new desinger, I'm just saying it will be interesting to see a collection under Francisco Costa!

Rochas Intrested to see a follow up

Junya Watanabe
- always amazing

Comme Des Garcons
- always amazing :heart:

I also forgot Boudicca who got their first standing ovation in London because of their Fall '03 collection, their Spring '04 collection will definetly be intresting! Jil Snader and Rick Owens! :wink:

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Jul 16th, 2003 - 3:47 am
I also forgot Boudicca who got their first standing ovation in London because of their Fall '03 collection
Boudicca is one of my afvorites, but honestly as a fan of there work I was disapuinted in there fall 03 collection, a little to comercial for them.

Rick Owens-(lust incarnate)
Margiela-(always)
A F Vandevorst-(curious about the new direction They have taken)
Sofia Kokosolaki-(I just love her)
Martine Sitbon-(Always a good collection,Always ahead)
Marni-( More of her hippy dippy fun)

Anna Heylen
Margiela(of course!)
A.F. Vandevorst
Ann Demeulemeester
Hussein Chalayan
Dries Van Noten
Dirk Van Saene
Veronique Branquinho
Viktor&Rolf
Bernhard Willhelm
Antoni & Alison
Jessica Ogden
Fabrics Interseason
Claudia Rosa Lukas(rising Austrian talent)
Haider Ackermann
Angelo Figus
Tim Van Steenbergen
Bruno Pieters
Boudicca(I hope this new direction is better than the last)
Lutz

and a missing name on the calendar will be that of Jurgi Persoons whom I absolutely adore!

i gotta see Gucci and YSL......i really hope in a spiteful way that Tom will really cack these collections up

also........Versace.......i wonder if Donatella can resist going back to barbie colours

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Jul 18th, 2003 - 4:50 am
Also how could I forger Jean Paul Gaultier at Hermes? :huh:
yes indeed, although if he did teh mens wear show and the collection is any thing like that then it will be rather dull.

Hi,
I'm new here :huh:

I would really like to see Versace & Versus. I saw there men's collection for both and the Versace clothes had an India flavor which I really liked. Versus had some cool looks for men also.
Also, I can't wait to see Dior. I love his shows and the music choice is great how it goes with the clothing. I think Galliano is a great designer.
I cannot wait to see Gucci. In all honesty, I thought there FW 2003 collection was his best of all time! His men's collection for SS 2004 is interesting. Very cowboy like.
Last, I want to see Missoni. Ever since the SS 2001 Collections, I have loved them.

I wish that the shows and collections would go back to the feel of SS 2001. I think that was when fashion design was at its peak :wink:

(Love this site by the way! :heart: )

I must also add

Undercover Jun takashi is amaizngly brilliant , I lvoe his colelctions so much

Bernhard Willhelm
- I adore his childish style

Marjan Pejoski- I hope he shwos

Originally posted by Scott@Jul 17th, 2003 - 6:12 pm
Margiela(of course!)
A.F. Vandevorst
Hussein Chalayan
Dries Van Noten
Dirk Van Saene
Veronique Branquinho
Bernhard Willhelm
Antoni & Alison
Claudia Rosa Lukas(rising Austrian talent)
Haider Ackermann
Tim Van Steenbergen
Bruno Pieters
Lutz
Jurgi Persoons whom I -aslo- absolutely adore!
:lol: i'm sharing a list with scott, but i also need to add
Lanvin**
Marni*
Rochas
McQueen
Andrew Gn
Junya
CDG
Jil Sander

ps. and of course Gaultier @ Hermes :rolleyes:

My favorite this season

Luca Luca
Oscar De La Renta
Zac Posen
D&G <-- kind of!
Marc by Marc Jacobs!

I'm in love :heart: with Zac Posen's collection!
that purple bag is soooo beautiful!

Oh! I did forget Wendy & Jim,Lena. I know your're a bit if-y about those two but that last collection was quite good-much stronger than anything they've done before. I'm hoping they continue that into this season.

Also--

Yazbukey
Christian Wijnants
Marc Le Bihan
Cosmic Wonder(after that travesty last season,let's hope for something a bit more :lol: )
Giacomini

Originally posted by humble balmy gore@Jul 16th, 2003 - 1:45 pm
A F Vandevorst-(curious about the new direction They have taken)
Well,if their Fall collection(showroom and a story of photos and movie on totemfashion)is any indication,it didn't last that long. It had quite alot of classic Vandevorst elements. And once again,inspired by horses but in a different sense.

Forgot to say-Lena we both always seem to look forward to the same collections;like kindred spirits :flower: B)

oh yes, of course Mark Le Bihan as well, scott* (maybe there is hope to catch bits and pieces through Vogue Paris?)

I heard he's been doing very well recently, he had a 'huge' success during the pret-a-porter salons in September, after all these years, buyers seem to be able to see his genious (and also note how heavily he's been coppied by 'talented' designers like N.G. :rolleyes: etc etc :evil: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->