YSL Belt

Pictures in post #48-49 from neimanmarcus.com
Picture in post #54 from pollyanna.com

Brian, please remember to add credit to your pictures.

morriseel said:
Some ideas on how I will wear the belt...

- long sleeve, long waisted grandpa-tees, with pencil skirt
- over a slouchy 80s style leopard print top with skinny jeans
- over a cardigan and pencil skirt
- over a waisted trenchoat
- over a simple black loosefitted jersey dress (gotta find one yet!)
- over a 80's oversize, long stripey sweater (like the dior one for this season)with skinny jeans

In YSL, they had the belt on the mannequin over a white peasant style top tucked into a stripey tulip skirt. looked great.

anyone else have suggestions?
Hi Morriseel
so basically you think the belt looks best when worn with loose fitted clothes so it makes some folds. I see your point!
I do not have loose fitted tops as my breast are 36 D and everything that is not tailored makes me look fat.
I was thinking that I can wear it with a tight black long sleeve T and black pencil skirt below the knee and high pumps, or maybe a white button down worn over a pencil skirt - or too secretary looking?
The black belt might look very well on a black and white tweed jacket too

aris, those all sound fine:flower:

im also looking at the fendi B belts which are similar

aris said:
Hi Morriseel
so basically you think the belt looks best when worn with loose fitted clothes so it makes some folds. I see your point!
I do not have loose fitted tops as my breast are 36 D and everything that is not tailored makes me look fat.
I was thinking that I can wear it with a tight black long sleeve T and black pencil skirt below the knee and high pumps, or maybe a white button down worn over a pencil skirt - or too secretary looking?
The black belt might look very well on a black and white tweed jacket too

Not necessarily that it looks best like that, but just an option away from the prim look and a bit more casual I suppose. I don't think your ideas are too secretary sounding at all...especially for work. I have the opposite problem that I don't work in an office hence the more casual approach to wearing it. Also, I think the black leather is the best of all the styles...not boring at all!

pradaromance said:
i've copied that outfit before by using a white dolce & gabbana tight shrunken blazer & the proenze schouler houndstooth print bubble skirt and black pigalles & the belt

i love that look.:heart:

Does your Dolce blazer have slits?
I have a white classic Dolce blazer with black buttons that would look somewhat similar to the YSL one on the picture, but in the back it has 2 slits - like a man's blazer that destroy the look I think. Although I love blazers with 2 slits! but I do not like the look with the belt.
:(
Today I wore the belt for the first time with black Valentino cardigan with a white sateen collar and cuffs, black pencil skirt by McQueen covering my knees, black thighs and black Gucci pumps with stiletto high heels, and 2 pearl short necklaces. Very classic but I'm at work and I'm still less formal than my usual self - blazer with pants.

^
I think what you are referring to is 'vents' and you have a jacket with two vents. Like the description of the outfit you wore today. I love my H&M but i still struggle with it not pushing everything 'out' if you know what I mean?

taz said:
what is the price for these belts??

$375

I was pleasantly surpriced when my pre order for the belt came in today ^_^ It was scheduled for 1/20 and I got one of those little delayed cards, I wonder how it came in so soon. Oh well, as long as I got it, I dont care! :woot:

Caffiene, did you get yours too? I think you ordered around the same time I did.

^ congrats guessgirl!! what colour? what material?

If you get a chance, tell us how you're going to wear it!

I got black patent :smile: I have no idea how I'm going to wear it yet, going to experiment

That belt is amazing, I have a very very similar one that I got at the thrift store, and it was $1.00 That belt style was very popular back in the days, so its common for you to bump into a similar belt on a thrift store/vintage shop :smile:

brian said:
i love the ysl wide belt. it's an absolute essential wardrobe staple.
i've been pushing it on all of my female friends since last spring. :lol:

yes you have... :lol: :flower:

brian said:
wear it high and mighty... :wink:

Oh definaltey! I'm just not sure what tops it would go with yet. It's a bit big, I'm going to have to have another hole put it. I tried to put the belt around my hips, its definaltey too small for that. If anyones planning to do that, order a size or 2 up.

Fendi has a belt kind of similar for s/s 06, I really want to get one of those as well. Anyone else noticed it?

pradaromance said:
aris, those all sound fine:flower:

im also looking at the fendi B belts which are similar

I know this a YSL, but can you post a picture of the fendi belt?

aris said:
I know this a YSL, but can you post a picture of the fendi belt?

Maybe change the name of this thread to high wasited belts?

Here are the fendi bbelts...

00120m.jpg

00030m.jpg

00210m.jpg

00250m.jpg

00310m.jpg

00430m.jpg

all above pics from style.com

http://www.***************/image/2005/0930200512125601.jpg

http://www.***************/image/2005/0930200509213469.jpg

http://www.***************/image/2005/0930200509221916.jpg

all above pics from elle.com

I really like the white/black combo and the yellow, I'm not sure If I'm going to go for the big or the little one though.

I agree I dont like these belts worn at the hips, but I still like the yellow belt if it was worn differently.

I think the clear plastic ones look kinda tacky.

Agreed, the yellow looks stupid that low. I love the red polka dot one its very kitsch :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AprilL
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->