Zara x Steven Meisel 2023 by Steven Meisel

Vogue Italia, Prada, Dior… All by Meisel!

The first time Steven Meisel photographed Eva was for the cover and edito of Vogue Italia in june 2010. It was weird that it didn't happen before.
They worked again for Dior Beauty and Prada in 2013 but I can't remember about a second cover or edito.

Perfectly executed and divine! I was beyond excited when I caught the campaign reveal on Instagram yesterday. Not only for the collection itself, but for the amount of exciting work that Meisel's been a part of in the past year! For someone who started out over 40 years ago to be so consistently active throughout his entire career and still deliver to this day is just outstanding.

As for the campaign itself, the sheer size of this portfolio is utterly impressive! It's infuriating that Zara doesn't advertise anywhere in print and that they don't produce catalogues anymore when they have such incredible advertising material. I was blown away by the portraits, which I found absolutely incredible. The images could definitely be compiled into a sublime issue of Vogue Italia some eight years ago. I think the casting perfectly fits the theme of celebrating Steven Meisel and his work because each of these individuals could be tied to different eras of his various fascinations throughout the years.

I wonder if this means that there will be no Studio campaign this season or if it's yet to come.

I don't mind this, especially for/from Zara. It toes the line between "simple studio to sell" editorial for Vogue Italia and well done catalogue which works for what it is for.

The full set could have had a slightly better edit, and the casting could have been cut or altered in parts. Kaia and Alton don't really do anything for me in this, but would love to see more of Eva, Liya and Alberth. Ash Stymest is a bit cliche, and Leon and Kit are a bit overdone but they have their Meisel-ian purpose when you think about it.

Yeah he doesn't make much effort anymore but Fabien and Karl will always get something good out of him for Zara because their standards are so high. Only thing I feel is that the cast is a bit too big and not cohesive. PDM is getting overworked at the moment and simultaneously putting other casting directors out of work which is a bit unfair.

So in short I'm here for this and also probably for the collection itself TBH, don't judge me!

Well, Karl Templer explains the Vogue Italia vibes from each campaign. It's the "what if Steven and Franca were working for Vogue Italia now".

All of this is enough to make me go weak at the knees, it's all just so heavenly and divine. It goes without saying that Steven Meisel is a master at his craft, an absolute gift to us all. The whole entire cast here look utterly sensational, so lovely to see the likes of Linda, Amber, Eva, Penelope... I could go on and on. OBSESSED! :heart:

The collection is now available to purchase on Zara's website, and the whole campaign is up on the website too.

Meisiel seemed happiest— or loved the fashion of that period most, in 1993: The offering is a time capsule of that year. And along with his photography, captures an authenticity of a specific moment in time so genuinely. Had this been in B&W, it may as well had been a session for his CK One campaign.

(The leather offerings seems strongest and the standout purchase. I wonder if the quality of material and construction are as solid as the designs...)

The collection is now available to purchase on Zara's website, and the whole campaign is up on the website too.

The images appear to be small and in bad quality for me, which is rather disappointing. Does anyone happen to have the full campaign in HQ?

I´m loving all the little videos on the site, of the models talking about working with Steven :smilingwhearts:

Same! so cute and entertaining. very well made website, I was in it for several minutes completely absorbed by the experience.

Also, Sora's voice sounds so different in her video. Maybe she was sick that day. Lovely to hear Angelina Kendall's voice!

Didn't even realise Angelina was an Aussie/Kiwi! Her familiar accent really caught me off guard.

So how do you pronounce Meisel? I always thought the accent was on MEIsel but a lot of models are also saying meiSEL...

^yes but with emphasis on the first or last sylable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crinklechiffon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->