Louis Vuitton x Yayoi Kusama Part #1 2023 by Steven Meisel

Devon eats everyone here by miles. I mean there are few great shots but some are just too boring.

THIS is literally the best campaign of 2023 so far for sure !!!
The cast is amazinggggg!!!
Devon is the best for sure clearly lol I mean she's giving it!
The video is brilliant and now I get all the dots and balls on the photos.
This whole production makes sense.
Meisel once again did a great job.

Natalia is considered a Nepo Model right?
Well she did marry into British nobility after she broke through. But to say she’s a nepo baby is a bit of a stretch.

Devon could be described as a nepo baby though.

and the creative direction was done by Ferdinando Verderi.

Last edited:
+ Malick Bodian & Parker Van Noord

louisvuitton.com

WELCOME BACK DEVON im so gagged like we got Devon + Meisel AHHHHH

Verderi put the balls, not Kusama. Read the caption on IG.

That Parker boy is weirdly annoying to me. But great that the campaign involves men this time

Natalia is considered a Nepo Model right?
Why would she be? She was already a successful model before her first wedding and before Arnault.
It’s like saying Mariacarla bosco I was a Nepo model when she dated Vladimir Roitfeld…

Something worse. I remember her 2017 W magazine thread and some memebers called her "gold digger". She is great by her own, really a legend.

It’s like saying Mariacarla bosco I was a Nepo model when she dated Vladimir Roitfeld…
Mariacarla could've been a random and good example of what is NOT a nepo model if we just go by her questionable taste in men, but she actually is one of the original, lowkey nepo models.. her family friend (who worked in fashion) plugged her into the industry.

Anyway, yeah Natalia has nothing to do with nepotism, but about 10 years ago she did give a series of interviews where I remember her coming across as classist and snobbish, hence the criticism she received here, and Isabella Blow did say this was someone who couldn't stop name-dropping and showing off, add to that going for the ultra rich and you can't blame people for calling her a gold digger. That being said, similar criticism could be made towards balding/unfortunate-looking men and their tendency to strictly date/validate themselves with beauty queens. Goes both ways. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not a fan of Karlie at all but this has got to be her best ad since the Pringle of Scotland campaign lightyears ago, she looks amazing. Same for Fei Fei and Bella.

It's such an old-school campaign.. silly and vapid but so perfectly and conventionally captured it just feels good to stare at it. :heart:

It spells and smells big names meet big bucks with a limited amount of creativity. Not awful to look at but I'm definitely not into it at all.

The B&W are very Inez and Vinoodh, but in a good way. I like a lot the pictures without the dots and balls, and the cast reunite models from the late 80s to now (the full Meisel era in fashion). Glad to see Parker and Malick scoring this campaign with Steven. I'm sure this is the first time for Parker, don't remember if Malick did Dior Men with him.

I want to save this already. Someone has this in HQ?

It spells and smells big names meet big bucks with a limited amount of creativity. Not awful to look at but I'm definitely not into it at all.

They’ve certainly gone all out with the marketing, this is the most impressive casting lineup I’ve seen in ages. The stores are covered head-to-toe in dots and bubbles, too. There’s even horrifyingly realistic animatronic Kusamas in the windows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->