Louis Vuitton x Yayoi Kusama Part #1 2023 by Steven Meisel

admittedly I don't care for the design of the actual bags but it's so good to see an adult in the room again as the photographer of a high end campaign, and models who know what they're doing too. It's a welcome break after some of these other campaigns.

and yeah the fingerpaint dot bag design is lazy but Meisel manages to play that down by using Gisele in classic Gisele mode, love the shot of Rianne with YK too.

Natalia Vodianova, Liya Kebede, Karlie Kloss, He Cong, Rianne Van Rampaey are also in this campaign

WOW… Christy, Liya, Devon!

Did Karlie lose her feeling for modeling?

Love the shot with Rianne the most.

Omg Devon's image stands out so much from the rest. The other girls look great but she looks amazing.

I wish they would release the images without the awful dots and balls, because otherwise the campaign is absolutely magnificent

I wish they would release the images without the awful dots and balls, because otherwise the campaign is absolutely magnificent
Agree, especially those with the balls are really distracting because of the shadows.

Kusama put the balls there (sorry how that sound), and Meisel campaigs without text are impossible to find compared to his editorials. I agree the pictures alone would have been fantastic, but well, is the meaning of it. It gaves me Verderi vibes, so I have the same bad feeling.

Devon Aoki steals the campaign. She is the only one selling it for me. That's how you do a comeback.

Even if I find the bags are lazy and boring, Steven and Carine did good job, not all the pictures work but it is still a good campaign.

Frankly, with the great cast, Luigi & Iango would have produced a far far far superior set of imagery in the style of their Double Vision rag brand of photography (awful art direction with the balls/fingerpaint overlay aside).

Meisel putting in the bare minimum effort really shouldn’t be tolerated, even in these dire fashion times.

I like the campaign. Carine and Meisel did a great job.
The collaboration itself and the bags they decided to apply the collaboration on are rather underwhelming.

The iconoclast collaboration in 2014 was great but it’s maybe time for Vuitton to look around for new artists.

Nicolas’s own collaborations were a little bit more interesting.

Great roster of top models! Did Brokaw do the casting for this? I don't think Fei Fei has ever walked for a Ghesquiere show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->