ASOS.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far... I have been an ASOS.com stalker- admiring the pretty clothes and shoes but I haven't made a purchase yet. I want to make this skirt (and a belt) my first purchase.

picture from asos.com

I'm a US size 6-8. I don't know if I should get this skirt in a UK size 10 or 12 since it has an elastic waist with drawstring. Using their size guide chart sounds useless. Emailing them with specific questions about this skirt was also useless because they referred me to the size guide chart.

What size do you think I should get? Thank you all!

I've seen that one, and you can get that exact skirt for so much cheaper at American Apparel!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know which skirt that you are talking about but I like the material and the drawstring of the ASOS skirt which is different from the AA skirt. I've been meaning to buy the AA skirt and will eventually but right now, I want the ASOS one which is a bit dressier.

@wroxton: I'm a German/European size Small/36 (US 6?), according to Asos.com old sizing guide, UK 6 = EU 34/XS, UK 8 = EU36/S etc. I ordered 2 dresses and one leather jacket before. Everything in size UK 8 and it fits perfectly to me. But I never tried skirts before.
I'm not sure what this means for US sizes, but if your hips are not big, I would say, you could go for the smaller size as well because of the elastic waist. And if you prefer a loose look the bigger size would also look nice on you. I guess it depends on your preferences how the skirt should look on you. But UK 12 seems to be huger than needed.

I just ordered this dress...

image1xl.jpg

asos

I just bought this dress last night:

whitestripedress.jpg

Have those of you with experience in ordering from ASOS (who live in the states) had to pay customs?

So, am I getting the sizing right? - If i wear a US size 0 or 00 and XS in tops, I should get size 6 on asos.com?

I love asos. I've bought tops, shoes, a bag, jewellery and make up. The only negative I have to say about it is that the make up may be cheap but that also means the quality isn't very good.
But the clothes and shoes are fine and I like a lot of asos' own brand's designs.

So, am I getting the sizing right? - If i wear a US size 0 or 00 and XS in tops, I should get size 6 on asos.com?

I think you would be best going for a size 4 if you're an extra small...

I like ASOS but I find that their clothes look really nice on the website, but if you actually order them they look like Primark quality when they arrive! The amount of times something has arrived broken or broken after a few wears :s

^ I never had any problems with asos items breaking but the fit of the dresses is funny. I ordered 2 dresses both in size 8 and one was quite figure fitting, the other was too wide. I think it depends on the material they're using...

I just discovered this site a couple days ago...I can't believe I'd never heard of it before.

I bought these pants:
image1xl.jpg

(pic from asos.com)

Shipping was $10 for me in the U.S.

its such an amazing site! i recntly got some gorgeous brown wedges- everytime i look at them i fall in love all over again!

the models really bug me, look sl*tty

but the clothes are supercute. returning items can be a huge pain, but i love to browse

I think the quality of their stuff can be dubious, and they use the worst models I have ever seen in my life! They make the clothes look so tacky.

agreed, they're all sticking their butts out and look constipated

Someone asked a question about customs, when you live in the U.S. To my knowledge when ordering with them I don't ever recall paying a customs price, just their shipping.

I think you pay customs when your order is over a certain amount. For Australia, I believe it's $1000

I just discovered this site a couple days ago...I can't believe I'd never heard of it before.

I bought these pants:

(pic from asos.com)

Shipping was $10 for me in the U.S.

$10 Shipping!!! :woot::woot: Glad to know that the shipping can be so inexpensive.

^i'm afraid in person it might end up looking cheap.

does anyone have asos shoes? are they comfortable? i get emails from all the time. i'm always tempted to buy, buy, buy!

yeah, you're right. i've bought a few things from ASOS but so far so good, I wont risk my chances :lol: cause you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riska21
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->