Gisele No Longer with Victoria Secret

brokenenglish said:
What do you mean Higher? A bigger paycheck?

I meant a higher level in her modelling career, and that implies a cummulus of factors: higher profile gigs, higher paychecks, everything... :smile:

wow..this has come as a shock to me! so unexpected

julicalg said:
I magine having to be on your undies all the time on photos and not get well paid for it...

Yeah, it must be really hard to make ends meet with only 5 million dollars a year.. :P

Originally Posted by lunabella
i just hope she's not replaced by bar rafaeli.
wink.gif

If that happens, that would actually be kinda funny :lol:

Honestly, I think she's making a big mistake. Gisele's kind of past her prime for me...and I don't really see where she's gonna go after this (especially if she's expecting more than 5 million).

I would be estatic if she went back to high fashion. I never understood the appeal of Mainstream Gisele. Great body but I thought the face would have cancelled it out. However, High Fashion Gisele is kickass :lol:

If they did replace her with Bar that would be the perfect revenge, becasue didnt Gisele demand that Bar be taken out of the VS show?

more from fashionweekdaily.com

Gisele Bundchen, the world’s top model, has parted ways with Victoria’s Secret, her manager at IMG Models confirmed to The Daily this morning. While terms of the contract were not revealed, spokesperson Anne Nelson reassured that the relationship ended the same way it began: on good terms. (IMG Models and The Daily are both owned by IMG.)

News about the split stayed quiet until it was reported on Brazilian site Glamurama.com, after which it quickly spread to the U.S. According to the gossip site, Victoria’s Secret was ultimately unable to meet Gisele’s financial terms.

News of the breakup is just the most recent headline-making revelation for the supermodel. Paparazzi and celebrity tabloids have relentlessly scrutinized her relationship to New England Patriots football player Tom Brady, who recently ended a relationship with actress Bridget Moynahan only to discover she was pregnant with his child.

Gisele, who in 1999 was named VH-1/Vogue’s “Model of the Year,” signed a multi-year contract with Victoria’s Secret in September 2000 and subsequently starred in its lingerie, beauty, and hosiery campaigns. Since then, she has been featured in countless print and TV advertising campaigns, not to mention in marketing materials utilized in Victoria’s Secret stores, catalog, and on its Web site. She has also been the star of the brand’s fashion show extravaganzas—the most recent of which, in November, featured Justin Timberlake in a live telecast performance. Gisele made her Victoria’s Secret fashion show debut in 1999 in Cannes at a Webcast runway show that was a huge hit with millions of viewers around the world.

In 2006, Forbes magazine named the Brazilian the highest-paid model in the industry. Gisele has also been featured in campaigns for Louis Vuitton, Dolce & Gabbana, Christian Dior, Bulgari, Valentino, and Vogue Eyewear, among many others. She also dabbled in Hollywood recently, playing a lead role in Taxi, as well as the role of Serena in The Devil Wears Prada. According to Forbes, Gisele is the second-most featured face on magazine covers in the world, just behind Princess Diana.

“The long and fruitful relationship between Gisele Bundchen and Victoria’s Secret has reached a conclusion,” said Edward Razek, chief creative officer, Victoria’s Secret, in a statement. “We wish her all the best and thank her for her extraordinary work. She will continue to be a very visible party of the world’s sexiest brand through the remainder of the year.”

Victoria’s Secret models who will keep their wings for the time being include Selita Ebanks, Adriana Lima, Izabel Goulart, Alessandra Ambrosio, and Karolina Kurkova, who signed a multiyear contract with the lingerie retailer in November 2005. There has also been speculation that Heidi Klum will return following the birth of her second child.

julicalg said:
She is considered the only Supermodel working right now, it tells a lot a bout VS that they do not want to pay what she deserves... they want those girls that only do VS and would do anything for a contract with them.
Gisele stands up for herself and doesn't take s*** from anyone - that bothers them...

I'm sorry, but that line about getting paid "what she deserves" just floored me.

ARE YOU SERIOUS? i don't care if it's 5 or 12 million. 5 is MORE than enough for a model to get paid a year. I wish i could get that much for looking bored in front of a camera in my lingirie....getting access to clothes i don't even have to pay for, having people to remind me about appointments, not having to worry about making sure my parents don't go into debt because of my tuition payments...

What has Gisele done for you that you think she "deserves" that much money? This isn't a personal attack on your specifically, just that mentality.

FrockRadar8 said:
I'm sorry, but that line about getting paid "what she deserves" just floored me.

ARE YOU SERIOUS? i don't care if it's 5 or 12 million. 5 is MORE than enough for a model to get paid a year. I wish i could get that much for looking bored in front of a camera in my lingirie....getting access to clothes i don't even have to pay for, having people to remind me about appointments, not having to worry about making sure my parents don't go into debt because of my tuition payments...

What has Gisele done for you that you think she "deserves" that much money? This isn't a personal attack on your specifically, just that mentality.

AGREED!!!!:flower:

I hope Miranda Kerr replaces her :lol:

I used to dislike her for VS but I think she's excellent for it now :rofl:

Gisele and high fashion again would be an absolute dream!

It is VS that is stale... and they were beginning to make Gisele that way too.

I assumed Gisele decided to end her secret trysts with Victoria (Traina?... Beckham??) after reading the partial thread title. :ninja: (It would be a shame if they hadn't taken Paris already, since the Eiffel Tower has rarely possessed such allure since Greta Garbo and Josephine Baker allegedly met beneath.)

Uh, wasn't it common knowledge she was going to leave when her contract was up? People have been speculating over who she'll hand her wings to once she's through since last year. THe gossip rags are trying to make drama where there is none.

What a B****! Good riddance...hopefully she'll crush and burn

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nocknock
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->