Gisele No Longer with Victoria Secret

I know, I know...this is just one of those issues that really bugs me.

Anyways uhh...on topic...can't wait to see who the new angels are!

I believe one of them will be Miranda Kerr. Course...nothing has been confirmed yet :lol:

iximisspiggyixi said:
That's ridiculous..."regular" people make on average what, 50 thousand a year? Do the math. If a regular person works for 40 years, making 50 thousand a year...that equals 2 million dollars. That is less than what most actors make on probably 3 months or work for ONE movie. It's disgusting.

That's free-market capitalism for ya baby!

green.tea said:
maybe because models, like atheletes, have a short lifespan career wise and therefore need to make the most of it while then can?

LMAO. That was hysterical. :lol: Anyway, I hope Gisele doesn't return to high fashion-- I'm terribly sick of her granny-looking face. Yeesh.

iximisspiggyixi said:
I know, I know...this is just one of those issues that really bugs me.

Anyways uhh...on topic...can't wait to see who the new angels are!

A Brazilian magazine named Boa Forma said that Daniela Sarahyba just signed with VS. She is a stunning girl much more curvaceous than most of the VS models.

You know what....I ask myself that question a lot. What gives an athlete the right to demand $120 mil or more and an actor/actress demanding to make 10-17 mil a film? :huh: I don't understand that! :doh: It's not like they are researching scientests looking for a cure for AIDS or Cancer. The're not heart and brain surgeons. But that's how this crazy world is. Kids, teens and people in general look up to people like Gisele and Heidi Klum more than they do for doctors, cancer and aids researchers or even the likes of Bill Gates. Superficial society we live in and that's just sad.....

You know who gives them the right? WE DO. Us normal people and our obssession with them. Just look at the number of tabloids in circulation. and the recent hype over Kate Moss's less-than-average clothing line. All the mass attention we pay to models, atheletes, etc. elevate them far above where they deserve to be.

iximisspiggyixi said:
That's ridiculous..."regular" people make on average what, 50 thousand a year? Do the math. If a regular person works for 40 years, making 50 thousand a year...that equals 2 million dollars. That is less than what most actors make on probably 3 months or work for ONE movie. It's disgusting.
Regular people do not make millions of people watch a sporting or fashion event, they do not increase sales and exposure, they do not have power.
Actors, models, sportsmen have a certain power over some people that they exchange against money, for what it's worth. It's totally fair and you would do the same thing if you had that power. The entertainment business, for the most part, is not a meritocracy. Rubbish actors get paid millions because millions of people will pay their $10 to see them acting terribly in dreadful movies. Sad? Yes. Unfair? No.
If you want this system to cease, tell the world to stop being so celebrity-obsessed or campaign for the revival of Communism.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it had to happen some time. At this point, I think Karolina, Izabel, Adriana and Selita are equally big draws (KK could be even bigger).

Seriously? I don't mean to offend Gisele fans but I really can do without her doing high fashion
Yes indeed. Amen.

Anyway, I hope Gisele doesn't return to high fashion-- I'm terribly sick of her granny-looking face. Yeesh.
LMAO

A Brazilian magazine named Boa Forma said that Daniela Sarahyba just signed with VS. She is a stunning girl much more curvaceous than most of the VS models.
Ooh I love her. Oozes sex appeal. She's adorable.

TheGlassAngel said:
I believe one of them will be Miranda Kerr. Course...nothing has been confirmed yet :lol:

Yeah, I saw a Vic's Secret commercial with her in it.

Some of the things people only remember her from is VS, although she's done a lot of other things. 5 million $ is still a lot of money, so I personally think she shouldn't have quit, plus I will miss her among all the Victoria Secret girls! :/

I like Gisele, but I don't care to see her in high fashion.

Catalogues are where the money's at anyway.

Laska said:
Well good luck to her with whatever she chooses to do now. She was already a hugely succesful supermodel before she signed up with Vic Secret, so I don't imagine the work offers will dry up.

exactly
so i m really happy for her to hv a change after such a long contract with VS

no more car crash accidents on 5th avenue without little gisele..haha ok that happened long ago

i think that the quote in the article about the "5 new Angels..." has been taken out of context.

I'm pretty sure that the 5 Angels being referred to are the ones who are representing VS right now. they're the 5 who do the publicity events and who are in People's 50 Most Beautiful issue, etc.

Karolina, Alessandra, Adriana, Selita and Izabel.

as of now, K.K. is the only one with high fashion credibility. sure, the others have dabbled from time to time, but never on the same level as KK or Gisele. now that Gisele is gone, they need to replace her with someone who is very successful in the high fashion world, yet has the looks and personality to be a big draw for the general public.

my pick for the new angel: Doutzen.

and then next year they should hire Miranda to replace the decidedly-beyond-her-peak Adriana.

then the lineup would be:

Karolina, Alessandra, Doutzen, Selita, Miranda and Izabel (who i find to be tremeeeeendously boring).

Are they keeping Bob Dylan? Because without his endorsement, I may never buy another pair of $15 scratchy polyester underwear.

Gisele: Victoria's Secret -- Secrets Revealed?

674i69t.jpg

Rumors on the breakup between supermodel Gisele Bundchen and Victoria's Secret are getting more plump and juicy by the minute!

According to the Brazilian media, among Gisele's long list of dealbreaking requests in contract talks were that she never be on the runway at the same time as ex BF Leo DiCaprio's current GF, Bar Refaeli! Get offa my runway, world!

Miss Bundchen also wanted to travel less and make more money. Fashionista gossipistas are saying that Victoria's Secret was not happy that Gisele packed on 15 lbs. after giving up cigarettes. "When you stop smoking you gain weight, because food tastes better than when it tasted like ashtray," quipped Miss B, whose weight gain and health kick sparked rumors that she might be pregnant with footballer Tom Brady's li'l pigskin.

Tom and Gisele haven't commented on their condition.

(image & source: http://www.tmz.com/2007/05/04/gisele-victorias-secret-secrets-revealed/)

^ I'm skeptical, but it was still amusing to read. :lol: :rolleyes: Good for her for giving up smoking and living a healthier lifestyle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->