Most Overpriced Designer? #3

Headband put aside, I really wonder who would spend 6000$ at Alexander Wang.

Maison Margiela F/W 2018 - $47,575

Maison+Margiela+Fall+2018+51nye9h8uIJl.jpg

-livingly.com

It is so amazing and simple and of course it deserves its price.
Of course there are few people with so many millions to waste in these uniques pieces just because they are unique.

Anyway you have tu wait "Expected to ship Jul 30, 2018 - Oct 30, 2018"

the detailing on that thing is quite insane

https://www.modaoperandi.com/maison-margiela-fw18/degrade-fringe-ruffle-dress#zoom

however who is buying this new margiela? it's very expensive and it's not something i can imagine a lot of women wanting to buy into.

yet renzo rosso is claiming that business is growing? how?

I would say the People of Walmart have fugly down. So I don't know if this sets celebs apart ...

People of Walmart… Once I was completely mesmerized going through that site. I was blissfully onto page 60something before I realized I was on page 60something. Middle-America is so fascinating… And I don’t mean that in a patronizing way— because the current fashion stars-- from designers, stylists, models and aesthetic in high fashion is hardly that brand of high-standard that’s above these “People of Walmart” that we’re suppose to laugh at. There are definitely a lot of high fashion “stars” deserving of being laughed at these mediocre days: Wang’s $6,000 dollar store accessory and Nicolas' £750 Stranger Things tee being a couple of them.

Just posting this for anyone curious when seeing the show...

Tom Ford T-Shirt Dress - £20,500

Tom+Ford+Spring+2018+ZTDKNz9xPu_l.jpg

Versace One-Shoulder Dress (Naomi) - £17,650

Versace+Spring+2018+U7CrcFsh5XPl.jpg

Livingly.com

P00289684.jpg

Granny leather and mesh shoulder bag
€ 3.690

P00309271.jpg

Satin pumps
€ 1.090

12551415_11941515_480.jpg

patterned logo socks
150 €
mytheresa,farfetch

Every time I see that Vetements bag I always wonder who's stupid enough to buy it. You can get the mesh bag for like €10 and a nice purse for that price. Even a new Celine bag would cost less.

^ Excellent question -_-

I think the Prada sock price is pretty reasonable for what they're doing. Look at the intarsia ... and they're making two of them for that price, probably with some pattern differences.

Chanel just update the official website, and now you can literally check every piece's price including exceptional items. surely satisfy my curiosity.
I know the brand claims far from entering e-commerce, but this revamp does look like a preparation for selling online.....

btw i kind hate the new website layout and function, not very convenient IMO

^^
I know that their very good clients are able to have their items being shipped to them. And when i say clients, i mean RTW and all, not just bags.

I've been told that they really don't have plans to sell thing online but that since they have included prices on their previous websites, clients came more prepared and willing to pay for products. And also some clients complained about having to call for the most expensive pieces.

For a lot o brands, there's a big desire for clients to buy the most exclusive pieces. But i guess it has to do with showing off.

I can't believe no one posted the Chanel Hat's!

Pvc & Grosgrain
$1,150.00
:blink:

LzeefdpE_o.png

They're so light that the models couldn't even keep them on their heads when they walked. :lol:

chanel.com

^^
All the transparent PVC part of the collection needs to included here.
They have done transparent PVC well before but this time, it's totally ridiculous.

since they have included prices on their previous websites, clients came more prepared and willing to pay for products.

this is actually very good point, very thoughtful, but Chanel is always famous for being exclusive and mysterious, and clients love that. Listing all the prices like now makes the house less special IMO.

well, clearly these are not issues with the rich, they just simply want to be recognizable by following the trend

the ladies may even think it's so chic to pull the hat down while walking, exactly like the models on runway

Reviving this thread because I love it :ninja:

Saint Laurent suede boots with studs and tassels - £8,665

WKozDIaM_o.jpg

ysl.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"