Most Overpriced Designer? #3

the New Chanel Métiers d'Art has been released, and this is what we got

this jacket is listed 125520 EURO in website. i mean, just, woo...

xFkPtdjc_t.jpg

vogue.com

Christian Dior Book Tote Bag in Embroidered Dior Oblique Canvas - £1,750!

8RfBhGSm_o.jpg

DIOR. COM

Always wondered how much this was priced at and just came across it on Dior's website - and I'm shocked. Yeah... quality might be nice, might be nice to look at but everyone and their cat's mother carries their groceries in this style of bag around here (not sure about the rest of the world). You can buy one from Marks and Spencer for £3! Unbelievable.

a pant worth 85820€, definitely not gonna sit down after i put it on:o

fNoeZRnh_o.jpg

vogue.com

Can't wait to see how much those SS19 Alexander Wang headbands and super short shorts will be priced !

DIOR. COM

Always wondered how much this was priced at and just came across it on Dior's website - and I'm shocked. Yeah... quality might be nice, might be nice to look at but everyone and their cat's mother carries their groceries in this style of bag around here (not sure about the rest of the world). You can buy one from Marks and Spencer for £3! Unbelievable.

If I'm not mistaken, part of the price involves the customisation process of embroidering the bag with your name - because the item is 'in-store only'.

*As per tFS Community Rules, please DO NOT quote images. Thank you!

DIOR. COM

Actually I think it’s priced “reasonable”, given how that’s other houses are pricing their bags these days.

The recent logo Celine bags are at these price points, and it looks even less sophisticated, or also from Celine, the see thru vinyl one.

Reminds me of that Anya Hindmarch ‘I am not a plastic bag’ from Sainsbury’s whose price skyrocketed at eBay many years ago. Irony, but hype makes people buy into it, this Dior should be easier to sell in comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I think it’s priced “reasonable”, given how that’s other houses are pricing their bags these days.

The recent logo Celine bags are at these price points, and it looks even less sophisticated, or also from Celine, the see thru vinyl one.

Reminds me of that Anya Hindmarch ‘I am not a plastic bag’ from Sainsbury’s whose price skyrocketed at eBay many years ago. Irony, but hype makes people buy into it, this Dior should be easier to sell in comparison.

It's catching on with many celebs. Just take a look at this weeks US Weekly.

Us weekly digital

They obviously didn't pay for the bag and the tote is very spacious and useful. Though I wouldn't buy it. I haven't seen a regular person wearing it. Mostly are influencers and celebs.

Personally, I wouldn't pay to carry/show off some brand's logo, I'd rather they pay me.
I always thought paying so much for an item that turns you into a walking advertisement for someone else was silly.

Versace Sheer Lace Gown $32,350

vogue/modaoperandi

^I hope that was a mistake too but i found that several sneakers that cost more than 10,000€. Ridiculous.

Can anyone explain me what the deal is with those sneakers? The other sneakers from that brand are in the 400 euro range, and they look similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->