• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Predict Style.com's Top Ten New Faces for S/S 08

youarearockstar

utterly superfluous
Reaction score
Its that time again! I'm a little late starting this thread, but there have just been too many threads to visit, agencies to study, portfolios to view. Besides, I think the 'Who Will Sweep Up' thread was a nice starting point for opening the discussion on general performance. Now its time to really start making picks, counting shows (Faith, I'm looking at you) and making that ever moving scale of success for the new girls this season. Especially since MDC has gone ahead a week before the shows and proclaimed a Top Ten Newcomer of their own: Meghan Collison! Not to mention that there have been hints of Taryn Davidson being on option for a 'certain exclusive in Milan,' and Karlie Kloss also looking at an exclusive in NYC. Anyhow, predicting is half the fun for me each season, especially when you get to debate and be overly analytical (a specialty of mine).

I'm going to start it off the way I did last season with the Hot List, Watch List, and Dark Horse List...for now anyway. Though anyone can feel free to categorize their predictions in anyway they see fit throughout the season. After all, its just for fun! :P

Hot List :woot::

Meghan Collison - topping the list for apparentlybooking the Prada Resort campaign, shooting with Miesel, M&M and a list of others.
Noreen Carmody - will not be walking in NYC due to visa problems, but she made a great appearence at Miu Miu last season and should be set for Milan and Paris this season.
Masha Tyelna - she was only around for the Paris shows last season, but you cannot help but imagine that everyone is wanting her this time around.
Karlie Kloss - Elite seems to be over the moon about this girl's potential, and MDC has hinted about a possible Calvin exclusive in NYC.
Megan McNierney - with an impressive Resort and even Couture season under her belt since February, Megan should be poised to do big things this time around.
Danielle Hamm - much like Megan, Danielle got a brief start last season, and can only get better this time around, especially after the Marc Jacobs campaign.
Nika Lauraitis - hugely impressive during the Couture shows this summer, and while that doesn't always promise success in RTW, she sure has a lot of momentum going into the season.

Watch List B:(

Edythe Hughes, Cristina Jurach, Alex Shaffer, Courtney Smerski, Kori Richardson, Gwen Carrier, Diana Farkhullina, Taryn Davidson, Coryse Smet, Zuzanna Straska, Arielle Pytka, Laila Kalichevski, Uliana Tikhova, Jourdan Dunn, Luize Salmgrieze, Inna Pilipenko

Dark Horse List :ninja::

Pilar Solchaga, Flo Gennaro, Kayla Travers, Naya, Elcee Orlova, Megan Jones, Roberta Konrath, Yasminka, Adina, Lucyna Amszej, Misha Parszkowsz

I know, long and ridiculous amount of names given that some will not even make it to the big leagues this season. Still, you've gotta start somewhere...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh...ELLE has a little interview-ish thing with Douglas Perrett of COACD and his predictions of the big faces of this season (cannot believe I forgot to mention Siri :doh::(

Edythe Hughes:
Hughes hails from Idaho—another new American face—and has classically good looks. “I can see her doing Oscar de la Renta, Calvin Klein, more traditional shows,” says Perrett. She’s just started working the editorial circuit and will be everywhere in New York.

Oxana Pautova:
Last season, the amazingly chameleon-like Oxana had an exclusive with Prada and Miu Miu, so we never had the chance to see her in New York. The time has arrived—“Supreme has a legacy of breaking out the next directional big face in New York,” Perrett says. “This is their best bet for the season. She’s tall, she has amazing bone structure, and a unique nose. I could see her in Proenza, Marc Jacobs, maybe Three As Four.”

Sabina:
Sabina is from Sweden and was actually a winning contestant on Sweden’s Next Top Model. “She just lights a room up. She has freckles, this amazing hair, mixed ethnicity. She really looks like she has some character and personality. Designers definitely want to put some more color on the runways, and she will be a great way to do that.”

Sheila Marquez:
“She is so sexy, she just looks like a supermodel!” Perrett says of Sheila, who walked in Gucci last season but is new to New York. “She has this flawless skin. She could definitely be it-girl status. I can see them putting her only in the most exclusive shows this season.”

Siri Tollerod:
Consider yourselves warned: Siri is going to be huge. “She just looks like a model—she is the full package when she walks into a room,” Perrett says. “Amazing skin, really deep eyes. She has everyone just bonkers when they meet her.” Her features have that Gemma Ward/Sasha Pivovarova other-worldliness to them, and people are taking notice. Among Perrett’s picks of shows for her to walk? “Michael Kors, Narciso Rodriguez, and of course, Marc.”

Erin Heatherton:
“She’s been around for about a year, but I feel like this is her season,” Perrett says. “She is at a healthy weight, she has a Dolce and Gabbanna campaign, and this is it.” He also says her career reminds him of Elise Crombez—“she was around for a few seasons and didn’t really do anything and then all of a sudden, she was everywhere.”

Masha Novoselova:
“She’s so sexy, and she just looks really expensive,” Perrett says of Masha, who booked her share of spring editorials. “She will be doing everything that is money on the runway, not just in New York but all over. She just reminds me of those Versace girls from the 90s, like Cindy Crawford. She’s not like a twelve year old, she looks like a woman.”

Nastya Zhelkovskaya:
This Russian beauty is about to blow up. According to Perrett, every casting director, designer, and agent in town has her on their radar. “This girl,” he says, “is gorgeous.”

Laura Selfridge:
The New York crowd will be sure to welcome one of their own—Laura Selfridge was born and raised in Bed Stuy, Brooklyn, and just got back from shooting a project with local photographer Ryan McGinley. “I love that she has black hair and freckles,” Perrett says. “She’s a little awkward, and she just has the best street style.” She will also be gracing the pages of ELLE in an upcoming issue…

You can find the article here: http://www.elle.com/fashionspotlight/11529/new-models-new-york-fashion-week.html

:woot: So excited that Laura made that list.

Anyways I have such trouble keeping track of new models but I think it's obvious that Meghan/Siri are going to be huge.

Woah, hold your horses! Shows haven't even started yet...don't you think we should stick to the Sweep Up thread before we start this one?

Well I started it much later than we did last year. I couldn't exactly tell which what be the most apropos time to start the thread, but seeing as how MDC just realeased their first prediction I figured that it made sense. Nothing personal Dale...I just figured it was time. I mean there's been one of these for almost every season since tFS began...

youarearockstar; I can't believe you didn't mention Siri. :( Your whole post automatically loses it's credibility .. :D

Meghan, Anabela (Overlooked!), Siri, Masha T., Masha N., Pilar Solchaga, Diana Farkhullina, Taryn Davidson...

So far B)

youarearockstar; I can't believe you didn't mention Siri. :( Your whole post automatically loses it's credibility .. :D

Yah yah, I know that was a big mistake from the beginning, but give me a little credit, I'm watching tons of new faces.

Faith, I agree completely about Diana Farkhullina, I just don't think we'll see her before Milan is all. Who knows...As for Anabela, I obviously love her, but we've run into this before. A girl who was on exclusive coming back, destined to have a big season; the question lies with whether or not Style.com will consider her to be 'new' I guess.

Karlie Kloss - Elite seems to be over the moon about this girl's potential, and MDC has hinted about a possible Calvin exclusive in NYC.

Even if she confirms her exclusive and stirs up a little buzz in NY, I kind of doubt we'll see her in Europe (school's calling, and she's not even placed in Paris nor Milan yet), so I don't think she'll be in the running this season. Same with Gwen Carrier, Alex Shaffer, and some of the other young Americans. But who knows...

There are sooo many new girls (I say this every season, but I swear there are more than ever this time) and rising newish girls (equally likely to make the list, if I know style.com). The only sure bets so far seem to be Meghan Collison (I have serious doubts about her runway appeal, but I don't think it'll matter, she's a lock), Siri Piri, and probably Anabela and Masha Tyelna.

ETA: I'd like to throw in Fernanda Reis as a dark horse (to name someone who hasn't been mentioned yet). Provided Mr Marsh still likes her, she could really blow up. But again, she's 15 and not even repped in Europe, so perhaps she's just doing NYFW like last season.

After a discussion with the mods, this thread will be closed untill the beginning of fashion week. Please keep all pre-show discussion in the Who Will Sweep Up thread. As soon as fashion week starts, that thread will closed as usual, and this one will be opened. Thanks :flower:

Yay! So... any interesting observations so far?

And what are people's predictions for Calvin Klein exclusives (always a good starting point to rock Europe and make the list)? My bets:

Karlie Kloss - rumored exclusive.
Taryn Davidson - no-show so far + she just shot their lookbook. Smells like a CK exclusive to me.
Nika Lauraitis - they like her (resort show + SS07 lookbook), and I think this will be her season.
Kori Richardson - did the last CK resort show and no sign of her in NY yet.
Gwen Carrier - no sign of her either, and I could definitely see her as a Calvin girl.

^ I think Kori was at Bill Blass yesterday, but the others seem like good guesses. Toni Garrn is another name that comes to mind.

Otherwise, the only thing that struck me so far is that some of the new Supremes aren't very visible. But it's still early, the major shows are yet to come. And of course Paris/Milan is where it counts anyway.

^Kori was at Bill Blass yesterday which really ruined my idea of her being on exclusive for Calvin, but she did resort, so she could appear once again.

The other observation that I have is that Oxana Pautova has been EVERYWHERE. That girl has walked everything as of late. Nice to see her make such an appearence in NYC.

I guess its too early for me to say, but yes Oxana is everywhere.

And Siri isn't very visible, maybe they are saving her up for the BIG BIG shows (I thought she would show up at Proenza)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gordo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->