• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Predict Style.com's Top Ten New Faces for S/S 09

Thanks to miwa for starting this thread. I'm a bit embarrassed that with all the commotion of NYFW that I never got around to make this thread myself...:doh:

Anyhow New York was a wonky place for new kids. A few did some seriously great shows, a few only did a couple of good ones. More than anything, you have to look at who cast which shows in New York (read: Rami & Maida and Russell, primarily), if you're trying to get a read on who will stand the best chance in Europe. At the moment I'm feeling these girls for the list (in no particular order:(

Anya Kazakova: Everything about this kid is major. I adore her and there's nothing she can't book.
Imogen Morris-Clarke: A very strong showing for someone so new, my thought is that it only gets better from here.
Anastaija Kondratjeva: I think it's a strong sign when you can walk Herve, Calvin and Marc on your first season; diverse clients bode well for her.
Katrin Thormann: Racking up all of the MOST important shows: Calvin, Marc, Proenza and Sui.
Yulia Kharlapnova: I'm not ruling her out yet and suspect she'll make a killing in Europe.
Katie Fogarty: She's been Maida and Russell approve in New York, and is sweet as can be.
Arlenis Sosa Pena: Kind of a given, but it depends on if she maintains that momentum in the tougher cities.
Anna Selezneva: Two seasons in the making, and I think we'll finally see an all out war from clients to get her on their runways.
Sigrid Agren: She managed to parlay closing the Prada Resort show into a very strong showing in New York.

Dark Horses:
Liu Wen, Darya Kurovska, Evelina Mambetova, Natalia Chabanenko, Jennifer Messelier, Constance Jablonski, Cato van Ee, Sophie Srej, Charlotte Hoyer, Diana Farkhullina, Selina Khan, Myf Sheppard, etc...

I don't have time to really make as thorough a list as I normally do, but hopefully that will change soon. At the moment Anna Selezneva takes precident over the other two CK exclusives because they have yet to prove themselves in Europe, where Anna should be unstoppable. We shall see what happens... :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
youarearockstar , yr list is great, I love most of them, especially Anya Kazakova, this girl catched my eyes when I first saw her.

Post-NY List
Anastasija Kondratjeva
Anna Selezneva
Anya Kazakova
Arlenis Sosa Pena
Charlotte Hoyer
Constance Jablonski
Katrin Thormann
Natalia Chabanenko
Sigrid Agren
Viktoriya Sasonkina

Watching
Asa Engstrom
Emma Maclaren
Imogen Morris-Clarke
Lakshmi Menon
Liu Wen
Katie Fogarty
Sophie Srej
Toni Garrn - mainly just unsure if she'll be considered as new or not.
Ymre Stiekema - logical Prada exclusive I guess, but she has a campaign already under her belt...so even if she does happen to be an exclusive, it's possible she'll be considered?
Yulia Khalarponova

Last edited by a moderator:
As expected, Sigrid Agren is a Top 10 newcomer at MDC:

http://models.com/oftheminute/?p=4260

yaars: great list as usual! However, I have no idea who Rami and Maida are and what they cast? Perhaps we should take this into the Model Casting thread which I don't think we have this time :huh:

MDC have just added Imogen as well. So here's the 4 they have at the moment (links to video/writeup)

Top 10 Newcomers SS09 (NY)

If Tara Gill and Adina do well in Milan and Paris I could see them making the list easily.

And Iris Strubegger!

http://www.models.com/oftheminute/?p=4270

I also wanna make a shout out at Georgie Baddiel...she's doing amazing, and with that spectacular walk and stern face, she is bound to do even better in Milan and Paris. Plus I love her :wub:

TI said there were so many new topmodels that some were 'saved' for the Europe list. And hinted that someone is considered 'overexposed' by EU casting directors.

Constance Jablonski
Lakshmi Menon
Aline Weber
Edita Vilkeviciute
Eniko Mihalik
Imogen Morris Clark
Anna Selezneva
I agree with this list.

For me, as long as Eniko is on the list, I'm happy. Sure she's been around for a few seasons, but she has OWNED so far in NY and I know she'll do well in Milan and hopefully Paris will treat her well!:D

Edita deserves it now that she's finally gotten her visa!:lol:

Lakshmi deserves it because she's finally open to the world...she's no longer a locked up treasure by Gaultier and Riccardo. She's had a nice NY season, I don't know how she'll fare in Milan, but I have a feeling Lakshmi will do very well in Paris.

I think it's unlikely they'll do repeats - if I remember correctly Aline and Iris were on last season's list, and Edita on the season prior.

It seems due to style.com's upgrade, the link to the archive of lists is invalid :doh: I hope they'll return it!

Emma's model of the week, not a top ten :flower:

Really! I didn't notice that.:blush:
No wonder I was so surprised to see her name, this girl did not get a walk in NY but become top ten new faces...hmm:lol:

the videos of the girls on mdc are not working for me. Is anybody else having the same problem? What is Arlenis's video like? anybody know?

Sometimes they don't work so I refresh the page and then they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicochanvinlabeill
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->