Katrin Thormann/ Women
Lakshmi Menon/ Ford
Liu Wen/ Marilyn
Myf Shepherd/ Next
Sara Blomqvist/ DNA
Sessilee Lopez/ Major
Sigrid Agren/ New York
Yulia Kharlapanova/ Women

very diverse list, both when it comes to nationalities as well as agencies..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm not feeling that list at all, considering that Mia Niara did not do nearly as well as Imogen, Selezneva, Constance, etc, and Lakshmi and Sessilee feel like disingenuous to say the least.

Nice to see Sara was on the list, but she should have been there last season. Whatever. Point for getting it right with: Anya, Katrin, Liu, Myf, Sigrin and Yulia. The other four not so much...:judge:

Why is it the inclusion of Lakshmi and Sessilee disinegenuous? They totally deserve it, at least it isn't a list of all white blank faced girls like in SS08. Never even heard of Mia, you're so right that Constance and Anna Selezneva should have made the list, not sure how I feel about Toni Garrn not being there considering technically it's her third season, she's been a star since the beginning of her career, she's not really "new"in that sense.

^Because if you were going to include Lakshmi, it should have (in my humble opinion) last season. As for Sessilee, for as much as I like her, she's been around the block for quite some time and while she did a few great shows, she was hardly as present as some of the others.

Whatever, you can't please everyone, but this just feels somewhat unrepresentative of what actually happened on the runways this season.

^That reminds me of the US Vogue cover from May where everyone was shocked to see Chanel Iman. I mean diversity is great but they should remain true to the facts and even if we don't count that this was Lakshmi, Sara and Sessilee's first season there were still others who made a major breakthrough this season I can't believe they left out Imogen.

ok so this list makes me really happy and really sad at the same time...

SAD:

how could they not include imogen????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
i'm sooo upset...

aminata naria???? where did she pop up from!!
i get that they are trying to make the list seem diverse...but that does not mean that u dont include girls who are white and clearly did have a great season..coz they worked hard and deserved to be on the list... seriously why isnt imogen there??? or ana selezneva!!!
i'm soo pissed..they included blomqvist but not selezneva!

HAPPY:

MYF!!! and LAKSHMI(this was soo unexpected..and i'm sooo happy...and patriotic at the same time..yay! we indians rock..lol!)
and i'm very happy abt sigrid,sesillee,anya,liu and katrin!!!

Where is Imogen?! :shock: She's defenietely new and defenietely top, so....??

I don't really miss Imogen to be honest. She may have been in a lot of great shows, but she didn't leave a huge impression on me. I really think Sara B should have been on last season's list (I even predicted her to be there at the time). I see no reason why Lakshmi should have been on last season's list. She did Stella McCartney then and that is it. I think she did a total of 5 shows actually....now she did everything and mainly in New York. This was without doubt her breakthrough season.

PS: What is disingenuous...I can't even say it out loud correctly :ninja:

If they were going for more diverse, I'm surprised they put Aminita and Sessilee over Arlenis.

Why is it the inclusion of Lakshmi and Sessilee disinegenuous? They totally deserve it, at least it isn't a list of all white blank faced girls like in SS08. Never even heard of Mia, you're so right that Constance and Anna Selezneva should have made the list, not sure how I feel about Toni Garrn not being there considering technically it's her third season, she's been a star since the beginning of her career, she's not really "new"in that sense.

Honestly, if you (or anyone else) is going to be technical about it being Toni's 3rd season - and her not being rightfully on the list because of this reason? Then the same rule should be applied to Sessilee and Lakshmi (that's what I think the OP of the comment you were replying to meant as well).

I'm not quite pleased that Sessilee is on the list BECAUSE of this technicality (and she's done good shows prior to this season too - maybe should've been on the list before?) but I am happy that Lakshmi is on the list because this was her true breakthrough season and she did really well.

I think Arlenis should have been up there, and if we're already ignoring technicalities - Anna Selezneva and Toni Garrn too.

I'm happy for Sara, she hardly gets any attention. This was her first full season, so that's ok.

But there were definitely girls that did better. Plenty of successful first-seasoners to choose from.

I was surprised to see Imogen's showlist, though, I hardly noticed her anywhere (slight exaggeration, but she doesn't exactly stand out). Perhaps the style.com editors had the same problem...

Anna and Toni have multiple campaigns and covers, they're already established stars.

Then again, with that kind of logic, I don't see why they'd include Sessilee and Lakshmi.

i wish we knew the criteria for determining the people who will be on the list...
i'm sure it has 90% to do with the showlist of the girl for the specific season..
seriously..last season i was disappointed that they discluded alice from the list..and this time i'm overly pissed abt imogen..
even girls like constance, eniko,sophie etc..should have been considered..

its always good to have diversity...but we also have to make sure that its not biased and is balanced at the same time!

The list is alright -- definitely going for some surprises, which I think we can all expect. After all this thread is read by the listmaker(s), so if anyone gets all 10 right from here on out I would be very shocked :wink: However...

I can understand not including the likes of Constance, Charlotte, Kendra, and even Anna S. But leaving off Imogen in favor of Sessilee/Aminata? :shock: Questionable decision to say the least.

OMG I am so surprised with this list. Love seeing Laskhmi, Liu Wen, Myf and Sigrid on the list. Aminata Naria barely walked any decent shows this fashion I cant believe she made the list:shock: and Sessilee I agree with all of you has been around for quite sometime although I celebrate her comeback. I really miss Arlenis on the list she did better than a lot of girls on this list:cry:

I can understand not including the likes of Constance, Charlotte, Kendra, and even Anna S. But leaving off Imogen in favor of Sessilee/Aminata? :shock: Questionable decision to say the least.

To put it quite frankly, it seems like they were still looking for an IMG girl as well as a black girl so Aminata was the girl they found.

Remarkable choice to put a girl who only walked 5 shows in Paris, nothing in Milan and a few in NY on this list
I refuse to believe she was put on this list for her runway record :huh: :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->