Predict Style.com's Top Ten New Faces for S/S 09

I would say Cato Van Ee and Charlotte Hoyer can be in Top Ten.

Making a pre-Prada/Jil Sander/Paris prediction :smile:

Anastasija Kondratjeva
Anna Selezneva
Anya Kazakova
Arlenis Sosa Pena
Imogen Morris-Clarke
Katrin Thormann
Myf Shepherd
Sigrid Agren
Sophie Srej
Yulia Kharlapanova

But the best players may be yet to come :smile:

MDC's final NY girl - Charlotte

And first Europe girl - Myf

Where on earth did Anastasija Kondratjeva go during Milan? I would say there was just a problem with her visa or something, but I know I saw her at one of the more minor shows. Anyhow, after Milan I think my list looks something like this:

Anna Selezneva
Anya Kazakova
Charlotte Hoyer
Imogen Morris-Clarke
Katrin Thormann
Myf Sheppard
Sigrid Agren
Yulia Kharlapanova

Those are the only ones I feel confident about going into Paris, all the rest will have to prove themselves on the big time runways (ala Edita and Kori their first season). Anyhow, the girls I'm keeping my eye on come Paris are: Anastasija Kondratjeva, Arlenis Sosa Pena, Katie Fogarty, Liu Wen, Nimue Smit, Sophie Srej, Suzie Bird and Ymre Stiekema. Who knows, I'm kind of anxious to see if we get some random girl who comes out of no where only to book everything in Paris. The suspense, no? :wink:

Where on earth did Anastasija Kondratjeva go during Milan? I would say there was just a problem with her visa or something

I really thought she would turn it out in Milan, she was a Calvin Klein girl afterall... hmm

But it wasn't an issue with her visa because she was at CNC' Costume National, Moschino Cheap & Chic and Antonio Marras

I'm surprised that Toni Garnn isn't appearing on many people's lists since she seems like the obvious candidate.

^I would not be surprised if she appeared on the list, but imho there are already too many "solid" new faces this season to disregard debut achievements. Toni has no doubt had an incredible season coming off of Calvin Klein, but I do feel that the label has already given her enough exposure that she simply could not be counted as "new" (Despite Style.com occasionally giving leeway to the definition). If you look at the FW08 picks' new-but-not-so-new faces, like Aline and Jourdan, there was really significant breakthrough that didn't previously exist -- and what happened on the runway carried over to other aspects of their careers (Aline's campaigns, Jourdan's VI cover, etc.) and not the other way around. Not to undermine Toni's own achievements, of course, but she does seem to be riding momentum instead of experiencing tremendous growth...I would almost expect her to do well after CK, CK Jeans, Vogue covers, etc. :lol: Kamila F. from last season's list did have a case similar to Toni's, but she wasn't around on the international circuit as long. If Toni had only done one season of runway exclusive rather than two, I would be more confident in her appearance on the list.

I am prepared to eat my words, though, because she really does have a tremendous record thus far. It would be hard to ignore...

Last edited by a moderator:
Top 10

Anya Kazakova
Constance Jablonski
Imogen Morris-Clarke
Katrin Thormann
Liu Wen
Myf Shepherd
Sigrid Agren
Sophie Srej
Toni Garrn
Yulia Kharlapanova

Other possibilities:

Anna Selezneva
Arlenis Sosa Pena
Charlotte Hoyer
Darya Kurovska
Eniko Mihalik
Katie Fogarty
Stephania Carta
Ymre Stiekema

Well imo if Toni's on the list, then so should Anna be.

^I was not sure if she was on the previous list that's why I put her to the other possibilities.

Sigrid Argen will for sure be Number 1!!! She opened and closed a few important shows like YSL.

We say this every season, but man, is it hard this season or what?! There were a lot of girls that did amazing in New York and then popped up in only a handful of (right) shows in Europe. There was Imogen though, who did superb in Milan, but then did only few shows in Paris. And in Paris we suddenly had girls like Alla Kostromicheva and Emma Maclaren doing some major shows. The casting directors of the major cities must've been in completely different states of mind. For now, I am gonna say that Sigrid Agren, Anya Kazakova and Anna Selezneva are the three sure lock-ins. The rest....I will wait until tonight or tomorrow to say that.

My picks are...
- Anya Kazakova
- Sigrid Agren
- Yulia Kharlapanova
- Liu Wen
- Katrin Thormann
- Eniko Mihalik
- Anna Selezneva
- Ymre Stiekema (if she opens Miu Miu!)
- Myf Shepherd
- Arlenis Sosa Pena

I think Sigrid, Yulia, Anya, Imogen are my locks.. Anna and Arlenis could be there depending on whether or not they are considered new by style.com.. and so could Toni but I think her chances of being considered new are pretty slim (she already did Calvin Klein collection campaign, Jill Stuart campaign and shot Italian Vogue with Meisel)

Final predictions (Bold being locks:(

Anna Selezneva
Anya Kazakova
Constance Jablonski
Imogen Morris-Clarke
Katrin Thormann
Kendra Spears
Liu Wen
Myf Shepherd
Sigrid Agren
Yulia Kharlapanova

Toss-Ups: Arlenis Sosa Pena, Eniko Mihalik, Madisyn Ritland, Toni Garrn

^Kendra is a bold choice, as she had a wonderful little run in Paris. I just am not sure that she did as well as some former Paris girls (i.e. Kori & Edita).

Anna Selezneva
Anya Kazakova
Charlotte Hoyer
Constance Jablonski
Imogen Morris-Clarke
Katrin Thormann
Liu Wen
Myf Shepherd
Sigrid Agren
Yulia Kharlapanova

Close, but no cigar: Arlenis Sosa, Madisyn Ritland, Kendra Spears, Nimue Smit, Emma Mclaren, Toni Garrn, Diana Farkhullina (could easily replace Charlotte though), Stephanie Carta (unfortunately!), Katie Fogarty, Mia Niara

Ok, so here are my final predictions:

Anna Selezneva
Anya Kazakova
Arlenis Sosa Pena
Katrin Thorman
Liu Wen
Myf Shepherd
Sigrid Agren
Toni Garrn
Viktoriya Sasonkina
Yulia Kharlapanova

Possible others: Imogen Morris-Clarke, Lakshmi Menon, Constance Jablonski, Charlotte Hoyer, Kendra Spears, Emma Maclaren, Madisyn Ritland, Eniko Mihalik, Naty Chabanenko, Cato van Ee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicemercedes
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->