Style.com's Top Ten New Faces - F/W 07.08

static said:
So when does this list come out, exactly?
It usually takes them a few weeks. They're kind of slow at it. :P

My List (Alphabetical)
- Alyona Osmanova
- Catherine McNeil
- Diana Moldovan
- Irina Kulikova
- Johanna Jonsson
- Johanna Stickland
- Kaisa Struss
- Kinga Rajzak
- Maryna Linchuk
- Olga Sherer

Last edited by a moderator:
Ali Michael, Georgia Frost, Olga Sherer, Catherine McNeil

God this is hard isn't it? I'm totally not ready to throw out a final prediction yet, then again we all should have awhile. Usually they release their Top Ten Collections list first, then about a week later they tend to release the Top Ten New Faces list. Or at least that's how its been the last two seasons.

I need another day to speculate and then I'll post my final list. I just wanna brainstorm here and use this thread as a sounding board. For me I just have more options to think about this year, than last and my mind is feeling far to ADD to pick 10. Right now I'm struggling with the Johanna's. To me, Jonsson had a FAR more impressive season: CK exclusive, and 28 other shows that included blue chip names: Prada, Chanel, McQueen (I believe). Her show run really resembles Ekaterina Kiseleva's from last year, when I look at it. Riding high on the CK exclusive into Milan/Paris. Strickland, much like Georgia Frost, really seems to have fizzled after NYC. According to Faith's list, she only did 9 shows in Milan/Paris...that's really just not good enough. Then again is it bad enough to cancel out her buzz/Jil Sander

Too bad that's only my first dilema! When it comes to the new girls. The pure new girls, who walked their first miles this season, there is no denying that Catherine McNeil and Irina Kulikova top the lists. Those two are locks for a list, no matter who is making it. However, when I think back to how Michaela Kocianova appeared out of no where last season, I cannot help but think of Masha Tyelna, who has run an eerily similar course. Similarly Anabela walked a lot of great shows, had the Prada exclusive, and opened Miu Miu. To me, she never really took those exclusive titles and made them memorable for me. Those two are my biggest wildcards at this point. Which brings me to Sheila Marquez, who made a much more memorable appearence as a Gucci exclusive, who went on to walk Balenciaga, Chloe, & LV. Of course Style.com seems to also have been cheering for Ali Michael, who I honestly forgot about on my lists until she opened Lanvin today. Is that strong enough though (THAT, right there, is the reason that this season has been so hard. How often would have heard one of us second guessing if a brand new girl, who opened Lanvin in Paris, should be included on the list)? Carolina Pantoliano, always stood out for me in the army of new girls. She hits some big highs, but was consistant which is what separates her from some girls who may have hit some high notes this season, but they weren't as consistantly present at Carolina for me. Rachel Clark also really shined hard for me this season, though I wasn't really sure how consistant she was. Opening Proenza was amazing. She looked great at Marni, LV, Givenchy and YSL!

Am I rambling enough yet? Case in point...I'm really looking at a more new face heavy Top Ten, than a break through season Top Ten. I'm totally not making an official list yet but I'm thinking: kasia struss, irina kulikova, catherine mcneil, carolina pantoliano, olga sherer, johanna jonsson, diana moldovan, sheila marquez, rachel clark, alyona osmanova

Totally a guess right now though, but it looks pretty Supreme heavy. I'll finalize it sometime this week. B)

That Rachel Clark left no impression on me whatsoever...I can't even think of her face. Is she really that buzzy?

Mr-Dale said:
That Rachel Clark left no impression on me whatsoever...I can't even think of her face. Is she really that buzzy?
I didnt get her appeal as well. I dont see anything in her.
But i love Masha - she got those huge eyes which make look very extraordinary. I would not mind see her on the list but i doubt so. Love her anyway!

Rachel is pretty impeccable and one of the few new faces I'm excited about besides Carolina Pantoliano and Sheila Marquez. I don' t think it' s her time to grace the list just yet but you never know.

So far it looks like these girls will make it no matter what:

Catherine McNeil
Johanna Jonsson
Irina Kulikova
Diana Moldovan
Anabela
Carolina Pantoliano
Alyona Osmanova

Edit: Just checked out Masha Tyelna out and I wish I hadn't. She frightened me immensely :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
^:lol:

That's exactly how I'm feeling. Its like March Madness Tourney Brackets or something for tFS! You'd better start working on your's Jules!

Ok its about time to finalize my previous posts. So i would go for:
1. Catherine McNeill - there is nothing to talk about. Supemodel comeback (i wish :D )
2. Irina Kulikova - sure thing in addition to her prada opening plus she graced some great paris catwalks
3. Diana Moldovan - she has done all the shows (well almost all)
4. Kasia Struss - thats what to call a succesfull 1st season + she is a great catwalk model
5. Olga Sherer - breakthrough season
6. Alyona Osmanova - amazing season and i didnt see much of her last season or at least i dont remember her. This time she really appeals to me.
7. Kinga Rajzak - same as Olga and i love Kinga wich might not count but she deserves it :D . I dont know what is MDC doing when she is not on their top50 list :judge: .
8. Carolina Pantoliano - didnt get her look yet but she is sort of like Diane so i bet they put her on the list too
9. Johnna Jonsson - i like her on the runway much better than Stickland (Stickland needs to mature a bit)
10. this is really tough i got bunch of them but i say only Sheila Marquez and Masha Tyelna

i dont think kinga is new enough and she wasnt a breakout like olga. i dont know

the only ones i would put any money on are olga, irina, and catherine

^^Kinga is not new that is correct but she definitely was one of the most visible girls on the runway this season. This is the list of the shows she has done. And as you might already know she was in every imortant show in Paris!
Faith Akiyama said:
KINGA RAJZAK
London:
Aquascutum
Christopher Kane
Jonathan Saunders
Julien MacDonald
Marc by Marc Jacobs
Nicole Farhi
Preen
Sinha-Stanic
Topshop Unique (O)

Madrid:
Armand Basi (O)

Milan:
Alessandro Dell'Acqua
Anna Molinari
Blumarine
C'N'C Costume National
Daks (O)
Dolce & Gabbana
Gucci
Iceberg
Jil Sander
Prada
Trend Les Copains

New York:
Chaiken
Donna Karan
Marc Jacobs
Peter Som
Reem Acra
Ruffian
Peter Som
Phi
Phillip Lim
Ports 1961
Proenza Schouler
Sue Stemp
Temperley London
Tibi (O)
^_^

I wonder if she did any other shows in Madrid...:unsure:

Faith Akiyama said:
^Yah, just wait until you see her showlist in Paris :o
haha i know its gonna be some great reading i am sure. I cant wait to see it :D

Kinga was very impressive in Paris. She did great last season too, but I was still a little surprised to see her everywhere.

I'm actually relieved that show season is over, I have so much work to catch up. :doh: Even if already feels a little empty too. :( But luckily campaign season, or at least campaign rumour season, is just around the corner! :D

After much thought (my list echoes most of the people in here though)

1) Catherine McNiel
(large gap)
2) Irina Kulikova
(large gap)
3) Kasia Struss
4) Diana Moldovan
5) Olga Sherer
(small gap)
6) Alyona Osmanova
7) Johanna Jonsson
8) Kinga Rajzak
(medium gap)
9) Johanna Stickland
10) Sheila Marquez (my wildcard choice)

(alternates) 11)Carolina Pantaliono, 12)Anabela, 13)Masha, 14)Rachel Clark, 15)Sofi, 16)Daniella Hamm, 17) Ali Michael 18)Georgia Frost

I think Johanna S is a safe choice, but I am going out on a limb with Shiela, she didn't do as many shows, but she did some large ones and she really stood out to me (a breath of fresh air). I'd say #8 and above on my list are really good bets and #5 and above are virtual locks and #2 and above are STRONG locks and #1 well.. if they don't include Catherine you will have to throw out style.com's list and question its sanity.

CharlottefromCA said:
if they don't include Catherine you will have to throw out style.com's list and question its sanity.

:rofl:

So between the two of us we only differ by one girl (Carolina vs. Sheila)! It'll be interesting to see if Style picks either of them.

I am this close to putting Carolina Pantoliano on my list, strange thing is I'd probably choose either Johanna S OR Carolina P, instead of switching out Shiela Marquez (eventhough she is my #10), that makes no sense lol but I just have this feeling Sheila will make the list. Carolina really deserves it though, but I think Johanna beat out Carolina for my "safe/most likely" choice by just a centimeter :P

Oh gosh this is like predicting the Oscars! :lol:

static said:
My bets:
-Irina Kulikova
-Kasia Struss
-Johanna Stickland
-Anabela
-Diana Moldovan
-Olga Scherer
-Catherine McNeil
-Carolina Pantoliano
-Alyona Osmanova
-Laragh McCann

^_^ So when does this list come out, exactly?

Yeah doesn anyone now aproximetly when the syle.com list will be released?

Im also quite interested to know who compiles this list... I think Faith Akiyama would have a better idea than anyone at style.com as to who deserves to be there!!:innocent:

Catherine McNeil
Carolina Pantoliano
Irina Kulikova
Diana Moldovan
Kasia Struss
Olga Sherer
Alyona Osmanova
Johanna Stickland
Anabela
Ali Michael

Honorable Mentions:
Georgia Frost, Elsa Sylvan, Vivianne Orth, Rachel Clark, Johanna Jonsson