Selling on Ebay - any tips?

Oh, and I thought of one more thing. You might go ahead and get a seller account now even if you decide to wait until August. That way, you won't have that shiny symbol next to your name that says you're a recently created account (I think it takes 30 days before that symbol disappears?). I think that tends to put buyers off as well.

Sorry for the double post.

yeah... buyers with no feedback, or lots of negative feedback are scary... if a seller allows that bid to go through, they are putting themselves at risk. some sellers will take a chance if the buyer just emails them and explains the situation, ie. i promise to pay immediately upon finish of sale via paypal.

I just hate it when the pictures suck. I would try to make sure you have good pictures and a couple of the item.

thanks again everyone...
great tips..:flower:

Im so p*ssed off with ebay, im trying to sell my designer stuff and they keep on closing down my auctions and its costing me money!! :angry:

Either some idiot on ebay has it in for me (because I have had bitchy women email me about my designer stuff which I have sold in the past:rolleyes: ) or its just bad luck :blink:

What makes me so mad is that there are TONS of fake designer bags out there but they dont shut those auctions down, only my auctions for authentic bags!! :censored:

TheSoCalledPrep said:
... ^_^ 224,382 people queried Gucci in April, as opposed to 5,399 for Comme...

Even Balenciaga isn't as huge as Prada and other names popularized by rap culture..

:shock: :woot: you people know all about e-bay, i'm totally clueless..
never even visited ebay so this is a very interesting thread, thanks.

socalledprep can you give up the ebay designer top 3 at the moment?
please :blush: :flower:

anymore advice or tips from our experienced ebay sellers?..
going to attempt setting up this weekend...

all info much appreciated..
thx- :flower:

Lena said:
:shock: :woot: you people know all about e-bay, i'm totally clueless..
never even visited ebay so this is a very interesting thread, thanks.

socalledprep can you give up the ebay designer top 3 at the moment?
please :blush: :flower:

http://pulse.ebay.com/

I just sold some stuff on Ebay...

These are just a few tips:
-set a low (or a tiny bit below average) starting price.. it will encourage bids
- make sure you state clearly your return policy, or lack of
- ofcourse be as descriptive as possible and welcome questions
- do not underestimate shipping...
- MAKE SURE YOU USE the Gallary option, Personally I dont look at anything unless I see it in the gallary
- If youre selling designer stuff state thier authenticity along with a guarantee
- State how many days the buyer/winner has to pay for the item (use PayPal)
- Do research on your item first, how many there are, how much they are going for, etc.. this will help you better place your item in the ebay market

Goodluck!

thx..:flower:...

what is the 'gallery' again?...the main page where everything is listed?...

softgrey said:
thx..:flower:...

what is the 'gallery' again?...the main page where everything is listed?...
Yes, its the little pic to the left of the description.

Dont worry, when you list your item you will have the option to select Gallary. It really is easy, you will be done in a sintch!

good...i hope so...
i really want to do this now!...

ok well....
congratulate me!!....
i have set up my first ebay auction...

this is more of a test than anything else...
i have scheduled it to begin on thurs at midnight and end on sunday at midnight...?
is that good?...

i'd love to get some feedback on what you guys think...
like are the pics good and how is the description?
that sort of thing...
i'm starting out with small smaller and lower priced items ...
just to see how it goes and learn the ropes, etc...

^_^...

?...i don't know...
it hasn't started yet...

how do i find the auction number?
i don't even know what that is???...
oh dear...:ermm:

Its the number up in the corner, of the page of your item..

hmm... if it has not started then i don't think there is any auction number yet, at least i don't think we can see your auction yet, apperaing as it has not started..

but the number will help us locate your item, by typing it in. :flower:

ok...well i'll let you guys know when it's up so you can let me know what you think and if there are anyways i can improve it next time...

thanks!...:flower:

softgrey said:
ok...well i'll let you guys know when it's up so you can let me know what you think and if there are anyways i can improve it next time...

thanks!...:flower:

why not start the auction right away?

Just sold two bags on ebay.. one went for 180.. the other went for 122... WAY more than waht I thought I was goign to get....

I did set a reserve for 85-90 bucks. I find that reserves are great.. if you want to get a certain amount of money for it... and you know you can't be around when the auction ends (if you're getting little to no money so you can end it early!).

my take on selling:

.pictures, pictures, pictures! the more, the higher the quality, the better. without a pic in the gallery, i won't even bother checking out the item.

.honesty is the best policy. be honest if there are slight damages etc on the item. you wouldn't want your buyer to bid for it, win it, then feel cheated about not knowing about damages.

.a great description. by that i mean no need for fancy words or html and all that distracting crap. simplicity works. just be honest, use simple english everyone anywhere can understand.

.be welcoming. i like to include sentences like 'please do feel free to message me for any further queries'. and people do ask questions, it's only natural. the next step would be to answer the question best you could and as soon as possible. wouldn't want to keep potential buyers waiting, would you?

.lady luck. she plays a huge part in selling. i've had things i didn't expect to sell well or at all go for a tidy price and vice versa.

good luck in all your ebaying endeavours:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojopupra
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->