Selling on Ebay - any tips?

As an relatively new eBay seller, I highly recommend you download the program eBay Turbo Lister. It helps you keep a standar format and it also has a spell check. What I did was create my first listing on Word, as Erin recommended, and then copied and pasted it to the eBay Turbo Lister. That way I had the format/font I wanted plus the agility of listing things fast. Personally, I don't think it matters if you have things ending at the same time. Good luck!

Another thing kind of one the lines of z.casca was saying: Espceially if your selling similar items, like all clothes, make sure you click the "sell similar item" when you sell the next item. As simple as it is it took me forever to figure it out and it actually saves time becuase it continues the next auction with all of the same pre filled infomation, and you just change the details. Saves lots of time :smile:

I need to sell alot of sweaters, etc.. on ebay. I have this fur jacket from Wilson's and my dad bought it for me last winter, I haven't even worn it (or maybe I did once:unsure: ) anyways I'm going to try and list some things today. Gosh.. wish me luck I think I may call a family friend in michigan who's great at this. Wish she was here:doh:

Another tip... if you're unsure about starting price, take a look to see what other similar items are going for :flower:

Also, try to find out approximately how much the original price was... That way people can have a sense of how much they are saving!

i use iSales for listing. you only pay for it once as opposed to some programs you have to pay for every month. and it is super super fast!

it lets you have templates. and everything is on one page. not like on the eBay pages, which i think are 3 pages long. and take so long to load you want to cry, and i think i have actually.

i haven't tried turbolister, but i know lots of people use it. there are quite a few choices out there.

Erin said:
^ Sometimes it's simply not worth selling something. :smile: Of course, I guess if you're never going to wear it... what's the use in keeping it... ugh, sometimes it IS hard deciding.

this! is what drives me crazy. i started selling clothes on Ebay to get rid of my clothes. then i kept shopping for vintage. selling most of it. but my god! my closet is bursting even more. i fall in love with things.

it is so hard to get rid of some things. i wish i had better criteria for making the decision.

any suggestions are highly appreciated!

I really wish I can get this Dolce & Gabbana jacket out of my hands...however I have taken some of your advice into consideration, and thanks. It's just the problem is the jacket is nearly 2 decades old (And this year is Dolce & Gabbana's 20th anniversary too!), and the price it was bought for then is of a different monetary value scale...if it was a brand new jacket produced for current season it might be more, but i've already scaled down a lot based on the change of the jacket's condition due to simply being exposed to air for so long (not to mention having moved from Canada back to Hong Kong over courier). It's really hard to determine what people will pay for something like this...which is why I wanna sell it to one of those high end vintage stores or whatever, in person. Although they'll probably try to screw me over since they wanna maximize profit :innocent:

Can anyone tell me what the best way to sell a spybag would be? I've gotten some advice to make it a buy it now auction. I don't know too much about listing things on ebay. I just want to get within $300 of what I paid for it. I got stuck with this Fendi store credit after receiving two defective spy bags:angry:

Do people sell store credit on ebay too? I'm hesitant to do that though, since its in my name and I'm not sure if they do transfers on that kind of thing.

Is there a better place than ebay to try to get rid of it? I was thinking that I could probably just go buy a spy and then list it, but maybe just selling the credit might be a better idea.

Someone help!:flower:

Am I insured with paypal?

I bid on a Fendi mini bag it on ebay. The reserve was not met. The seller contacted me asking if I was interested he would take an offer. If it was below $1200 then he would send me a paypal money request to avoid ebay fees. If it was $1200 of more he would relist and send me a link with a BIN. I didn't want to spend more than $850 so he agreed and sent me a paypal request.

I'm not worried about authenticity since its not a faked bag. He bought it from eluxery for his girlfriend for Christmas that he is no longer with. Wants to recoup some $. Said he paid $3180 plus $50 shipping. It was posted on ebay with an $800 start bid, $2000 BIN. Feedback is 100% +, no prior bags sold. Actually this is the only the 2nd item sold by him. The other feedback he was the buyer.

I really don't need this bag but the price is to good to pass up and its a beautiful bag.

Am I covered by paypal in case he doesn't send me the bag?

hmmm....
we already have a thread on buying/shopping on ebay...:unsure:...
i think this was merged to the wrong thread...

:ermm:...

noriko...one of our members said she sells credits on ebay regularly...
:flower:

secondly said:
Softie, defiantely on figure. The clothes almost always look better and it gives a more professional image.

Also, I think your idea about selling non-designer goods at first is really smart. Designer E-Bay stores always look like (and frequently are) scams.

I agree most of these seller's stores look fake and usually are.

My eBay seller, KarenKooper, whom I've dealt with in the past is the only person I can trust on that site b/c she's always treated me to her very VIP stuff.

She just launched her own website at: http://www.karenkooper.com

The website looks professional, and well...let's not kid ourselves, I know the girl too so I'm assured its all good.

She won't even join MyPoupette.com b/c she thinks they're a bunch of scammers and she's right, they are.

Monaco-babe : i've talked with two ebay-ers before who have confirmed to me that she would accept Western Union for her auctions, then send the user an empty box b/c nothing was certified/protected by eBay/PayPal !!!
Can you believe that! She even started to hide her feedbacks for sometime b/c peopel were complaining.

I can't deal with all that drama! It's like having a dentist, a lawyer and a mechanic - for certain things, you just have to KNOW the person.

:heart::heart::heart::D:heart::heart::heart:

softgrey said:
noriko...one of our members said she sells credits on ebay regularly...
:flower:

ooo thanks for the tip:flower:

Do you know if she gets almost what she paid for it? And credit for what stores?

Can anyone give tips on how to bid to actually win ?
Every time I bid on something someone manage to get it just before the bid ends :unsure:

^
Whenever I bid on something I never put a bid on it right until the last minute, if you trust your PC keep refreshing the page and then right near the end enter a bid. It normally works for me. . . !

Golden_butterfly said:
^ Oh ok :smile: Just a bit dissapointing to have to bid that way for every item :(
I would definatly go that way for an item that looks to be popular anyway hunny.. But somesome else might have a better idea than me!! :lol:

Oh Boho_babe someone snatched it when there was 6 sec left ! :cry:
I'll get those suckers on the next bid :doh:

i think there is also bidsnipe or something like that? bidsniper? and probably a few other similar programs that will bid for you at the last moment. i guess it is good if you can't be at your computer.

i shouldn't be saying this because everyone bids on my auctions at the last minute and i almost pass out from worrying! but better late than never...^_^

I use auctionsniper.com al lthe time when I'm not around my computer for the end of an auction. It gets on my nerves to see new ebay bidders bidding way early on in an auction, when it's a popular item that will definitely be bid on within the next five days or whatever it has left. Then another newbie bids on the item, then the first newbie buts over that newbie, then a friggin bidding war starts and they end up driving the price up for THEMSELVES if they actually want to win the item. If they had just left it alone till near the end of the auction, the price would be WAY lower. Of course, this annoys me most when I want to win the item myself, and annoys me least when I'm selling the item. :smile: But overall, it just makes more sense to wait and bid. You save so much money that way, because a great item will most definitely have many more bids if you start bidding on the first day of the auction , or whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->