The 4-5 Piece French Wardrobe #10

yoox

^ I like nail polish as a wardrobe update too. Especially great when the budget is squeezed ... even a Chanel polish is a reasonable amount of money compared to other items you could buy, and it's with you every day. Just got a pedicure yesterday--MAC Marilyn Monroe red :smile: The color's called Flaming Rose. Will have this for my upcoming island vacation ...

I've kept envisioning my new dress/jumper with an ice pink T underneath, something I don't own, so ordered an organic cotton one from Yoox. Got a couple other things too as I hate paying shipping :rolleyes: A nightgown that is mine to keep (it looks like they consider this category 'underwear' and every bit of it is unreturnable--ridiculous IMO), and a paid of Armani jeans--really, denim pants. I haven't had any actual blue denim for quite some time. I like how these are made with a yoke in the back--for me, a sign they will fit me well. I was also quite happy that the 15% off code I got with my last order some time ago was still good! So I'll see how these work out ...

I also am thinking of a protest T relating to the infamous Zara jacket. There are handmade ones and cartoons floating around, want to see what there is on Etsy ...

Attachments

• Armani jeans.jpg
    Armani jeans.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Colorful Standard pink organic T.jpg
    Colorful Standard pink organic T.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 3
  • DKNY nightgown.jpg
    DKNY nightgown.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:
Received my order today ... the nightgown and T are fine ... more of a dusty pink than the ice pink I was envisioning, but it's a perfectly reasonable price and organic cotton, I can definitely use it. Meanwhile, I'll keep looking for what's in my mind's eye.

The denim trousers fit perfectly in the back, not so perfectly in the front ... going back. Luckily I have 60 days ... I was afraid for a second I'd have to do it before I go on vacation (Friday).

In other (unexciting) news, one of my white Ts has been demoted to loungewear ... I think this leaves me with only one in my closet.

Received my order today ... the nightgown and T are fine ... more of a dusty pink than the ice pink I was envisioning, but it's a perfectly reasonable price and organic cotton, I can definitely use it. Meanwhile, I'll keep looking for what's in my mind's eye.

The denim trousers fit perfectly in the back, not so perfectly in the front ... going back. Luckily I have 60 days ... I was afraid for a second I'd have to do it before I go on vacation (Friday).

In other (unexciting) news, one of my white Ts has been demoted to loungewear ... I think this leaves me with only one in my closet.

Long time, no see :flower:

@Ta-ta: the Celiné pants looks gorgeous! Also, I am loving colour of the tee. Seems ridiculous with the nightgown being unreturnable. In DK (perhaps even in the entire EU), I believe you always have an option of returning online purchases within 14 days upon recieving them.

______

Bought a few things over the past months.

- A light blue sweater
- Yellow floral dress, that I saw on instagram some months ago and have been waiting for to get in stores
- The bag I have been eyeing during spring - found marked down 70%
- Another wrap dress (mainly because I needed something work appropriate), bought 2nd hand.

I will be working full time the rest of the year and then be doing my thesis next spring, so I have to start paying more attention to whether things are work appropriate. Luckily there is not a dress code at my current job, but still..

Also, I am having the floral maxi dress that I wore to a party earlier this year hemmed to a midi length, so I can wear it for every day occasions. I think it will be money well spent.

Pics: mache.dk, boozt.com, zalando.dk, veromoda.dk

Long time, no see :flower:

@Ta-ta: the Celiné pants looks gorgeous! Also, I am loving colour of the tee. Seems ridiculous with the nightgown being unreturnable. In DK (perhaps even in the entire EU), I believe you always have an option of returning online purchases within 14 days upon recieving them.

______

Bought a few things over the past months.

- A light blue sweater
- Yellow floral dress, that I saw on instagram some months ago and have been waiting for to get in stores
- The bag I have been eyeing during spring - found marked down 70%
- Another wrap dress (mainly because I needed something work appropriate), bought 2nd hand.

I will be working full time the rest of the year and then be doing my thesis next spring, so I have to start paying more attention to whether things are work appropriate. Luckily there is not a dress code at my current job, but still..

Also, I am having the floral maxi dress that I wore to a party earlier this year hemmed to a midi length, so I can wear it for every day occasions. I think it will be money well spent.

attachment.php

^ Thanks :flower:

Strange, can't see your pix :( Duplicate posts, can't see pictures, don't see a way to access first unread from my thread list ... not too impressed with the new deal so far :wink:

Your hemming idea sounds like a good one! I like being able to wear as much as possible every day.

Not exactly impressed either.. I'll try attaching the pictures again.

lau3.jpg lau.PNG veromoda.jpg ivyandoak.jpeg

Furthermore, I'm starting to think about fall (even though we are experiencing the craziest heat wave pretty much ever...). Currently I have on my list:

- Short o-neck cardigan (preferably in some kind of green)
- Black ankle boots
- Work apropriate dresses

I am really considering buying a new pair of ACNE Pistol boots. It feels kinda silly to buy the same type of boots again, but I have had the other pair for 6 years, and they are worn out. Could be nice to try something new, but they are the comfiest heeled shoes I've ever owned and they just seemed to work with everything.

^^ Sounds reasonable to buy them again :wink: Maybe the new pair can be a different color or texture?

That would be nice (and it would probably be easier to find a good bargain), but on the other hand, I just prefer black boots.

Long time no see! :flower:

I made a major cleaning on my wardrobe. 70% is going either for sale or charity.

I am now going fully into the French wardrobe challenge! My main wardrobe will be mainly monochromatic and minimalist. Also I decided to only buying items made in Europe and countries where I know human rights are being respected.

Yesterday I received a few urgent things that I really needed ASAP in a very limited budget:
- Unlace sandals. I can't use 10+cm heels due to back problems and these are quite chuncky, comfortable and only 7cm. Not impressed with the leather quality though.
yoox.com
11374014rb_14_f.jpg

- Hanita pants. Weird fit in the back but I decided to keep them anyway.
13133209tf_14_f.jpg

yoox.com

- Tortona 21 shirt. Love this one, super fun. Cotton.

38713526mt_11_f.jpg

yoox.com
Overall, not impressed by these brands quality wise. I still need to invest in a few basic items, next time with a better budget. A good black working bag. A good mid-length black wool jacket. A pair of classical shoes... either babies or oxford. A classic black dress. I'm eyeing a few items now by MM6, DRKSHDW by Rick Owens, Y's, Gareth Pugh and Ann Demeulemeester. Not sure about the quality of a few of these brands so feel free to share your experiences!:bounce:

^ The supply chain thing is a real challenge, no doubt about it.

Maybe you can have the pants tailored? I like the shape--they look fun to wear.

It's true that being armed with a good budget is a very good thing for this method! Although, there are good items for reasonable prices, you just have to be vigilant :ninja:

I have not owned any of the brands you mention because my style is different, but they have good reputations (not sure about Rick Owens' diffusion line, if that's what it is? but I've seen main line items and they looked very good).

I might get them tailored. I will just wait a few months before doing as the pants are really tight and I'm just starting a diet + gym regime and I'm sure I'll drop a size by then. :/

I'm never sure about how the Rick Owens lines function. It's like Yohji. They have dozens of "side" lines and I never understand their differences. Rick has at least 5 besides his main line. And the prices are all a bit relative. If we forget his mainline heavy items (coats, jackets and similar heavy highly-tailored pieces), the prices for the basics are quite similar in all his lines (dresses going for around $300 - $500 in both DRKSHDW and Rick Owens). I found this:
In 2008, Owens introduced DRKSHDW, a sportswear line featuring graphic T-shirts and elongated hoodies alongside leather jackets and distressed skinny jeans. Mainly in black, and always with an edge, DRKSHDW adds an element of elegance to athleisure.
I guess it's a secondary "basics" line. I really love the super slick and simple dresses. For me, comfort wise, nothing beats looking like I just got out of a cult. :rofl:

^ Hmm, not sure what that looks like :wink: In some cases (FLDS for example), I'm quite certain very bad clothes are involved -_-

^ Hmm, not sure what that looks like :wink: In some cases (FLDS for example), I'm quite certain very bad clothes are involved -_-
:lol:

More like those cartoonist depictions of cults! The cult of our lord Rick Owens. I've been eyeing this very specific dress from his "sports" line. My only problem is the fabric. I would be very pissed if it gets a hole in the first week.
34792724ph_14_f.jpg

yoox.com

This would be my evening dress, by the way. I made a list of things I need and I threw all my evening dresses in the bin (long and short). I'm torn between that and this Jil Sander.
34789726hv_14_r.jpg

yoox.com

For the LBD I'll go with either MM6 or mainline Margiela. I want it with a "twist". :bunny:

What's your favourite diffusion line, fashionista-ta? Miu-Miu? See by Chloé? I'm always so afraid to get something subpar like a Zara knock-off.

Bought one million wool jumpers in London during the heat wave. Will talk more once I figure the site out:ninja:

:lol:

More like those cartoonist depictions of cults! The cult of our lord Rick Owens. I've been eyeing this very specific dress from his "sports" line. My only problem is the fabric. I would be very pissed if it gets a hole in the first week.
yoox.com

This would be my evening dress, by the way. I made a list of things I need and I threw all my evening dresses in the bin (long and short). I'm torn between that and this Jil Sander.
yoox.com

For the LBD I'll go with either MM6 or mainline Margiela. I want it with a "twist". :bunny:

What's your favourite diffusion line, fashionista-ta? Miu-Miu? See by Chloé? I'm always so afraid to get something subpar like a Zara knock-off.

I like both the dresses (they look pretty identical to me :lol:).

I don't know if I have one :wink: It used to be Marc by Marc, but that's been a long time. The last thing I bought from a diffusion line was Lauren (a sweater while I was on vacation, intending to buy some dressier pieces while I was there). If I'm going to spend less money ... Yoox is perfect for that, or I get something on sale or often I just wait, but sometimes I'll buy something from Eileen Fisher or Nordstrom private label. As I get older, ironically I'm becoming fonder of a bargain. I guess clothes are becoming more of a commodity for me than individual, special, irreplaceable pieces. Mostly I've been buying Brunello Cucinelli, plus a couple Celine pieces. I'm trying on a skirt from Fall this weekend ... not sure it's going to fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->