The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Yay on getting the dress, Barbaraa. I find I have become so impatient when ordering. When I order express shipping on NAP or the outnet it can take like two days and DHL are on my door. Waiting a whole week suddenly feels like a lifetime...

Great to hear you loved your sweater in person, Carolina. A sweater can look great and feel terrible... That would have been such a disappointment.

I think it is so interesting that black is completely acceptable somewhere and a complete faux pas somewhere else. Just goes to show that it is not based on logic at all:lol:

Betina, I saw the pink dress on Pinterest, and I just have to tell you that I Love love love drop-waisted dresses! I had an obsession with Chicago (the movie) and now it is in my dna i think:smile: Drop waists are not as flattering as certain other cuts, but much much chicer imo. I like the idea of wearing it with boots later. Do you have the chance of trying it on?

(I would suggest wearing it with black tights and riding boots at winter, but I know you haven't found a pair yet and I don't want to make your wish-list longer:P:lol:)

@Jina: I do not think the hosts would mind if I wore black and I would not have any kind of oppinion about it if anyone else did, but the things is, that I am very old fashioned. Therefore I would never wear black to a wedding. Generelly I will not wear black to formal parties (weddings, confirmations, big birthdays) that starts before dinner time. I do not really know why and it is kind of weird since I constantly wear black for everyday occasions. I think I read in a danish etiquette book and then it just stuck since, well, I am old fashioned :P

The LBD I am looking for is something I will be able to use for every day and informal parties. For a wedding I will need something more dressy. The idea was really good though!

I really know it sounds like I am just looking for an excuse but I was really happy about having found dresses for all three weddings this year in my own closet. I just do not feel comfortable in the one I picked out for this one.

And congrats on the job! With good news like that OT is mandatory. What kind of design do you do?

I completely understand your view, thanks for explaination. :flower:

I am a graphic designer, photographer and also dealing with drawing (illustration).

Twistelette, you are so right. :smile: I actually thought I would have completely different feelings completing something as big and so wanted, but when you come to an end is not half as exciting as you expected to be, more like a tone of mixed feelings.
Being a student definitely has many positive aspects (material wise (that could be discussed futher on ...) and related to responsibility and indpendency).
Sometimes I almost wish I would be able to apply for PhD degree here (and have a man that would financially support me when doing it :lol:, to be kinda independent not living at home with my parents), since I always strive to learn new things regarding my field (and wider), but we don't have a program for my course yet.
I must sound a little nuts right now (at least I am to myself). :D

Barbaraaa, congrats on getting the dress and have fingers crossed it will fit you perfectly. ^_^ I hope you get those basic tops too, the black one especially has a perfect cut, very form flattering.

Barolinab, love this type of sweaters, it's very similar to American Apparel's Fisherman one. You may want to check them, I am very pleased with my navy one I got last December.

^ I was going to get the black top today too, but I realized it has a small logo on the back. So I'm going to order this one, instead - it looks the exact same (the Mango one has the low back too)... only it has a little less stretch, which I can definitely live with and appreciate - it's also a little cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it IS spelled douSche when talking about colours. I always get them mixed up. Hm. I feel like a giant nutcase ATM :lol:

@Eizhowa:
My though excactly! I think it is so chic and I would really like not to go for a full skirted dress since I have a ton of them. Also I like how the style is a bit more mature than what I am used to. I generally really like it.

And yes it would look good with riding boots :P But I think I will not be getting a pair of those. Still not over my problem with long boots. It would look nice with the ASH boots as well, though :wink:

I will go see if I can try it on tuesday. Else I will try ordering it online I guess. It is a danish webshop so not that big a deal if I will have to send it back.

Congrats everyone on your super cool acquisitions ^_^

The lanvin flats situation was sorted out by UPS, I don't know how they did it but they manage to retrieve them and send them to me. They did not fit anyway so I had a full refund (mytheresa did not even deduce the normal 10£ shipping cost) :smile:

Since you were talking about wedding dress code I must say that I am joining you in the "what to wear dilemma". I pinned a bunch of dresses (very formal as 5/6 are very very formal - yes 6 :shock: ) as I had to give up my "separates" idea (it would only work for 1 "low key" wedding and I would still need to find evening gowns anyway) . I too can't wear anything black or in a dark colour btw (one of the bride even banned dark blue on top of the usual black and white !)

Jina, congrats on your new job opportunity !! :woot:

^I don't mind the bride banning colors. It is her day, after all. I think it is good to be clear about your expectations as far as dress code goes. It can be so confusing otherwise...

I'd like to know exactly how they got your shoes back... That woman did seem rather uncooperative...

I think the two of you starting a complaining business is a great idea, btw :wink: I would love to hire someone to b!tch for me ... really. I can do it, and perhaps none better when I give it my full attention and ingenuity (she says oh so modestly) ... but I find it exhausting. I don't mean to encourage you to waste your fancy degrees and everything, but ... :wink:

Thank you, EvaH! :flower:

What do you ladies think of this dress? I am looking for a similar one a long time, to replace my worn out grey gathered Zara dress that it was my favourite for years.
But the one I have is a bit oversized, or lets say - more shifted, it falls down beautifully and it's not stretchy at all.
This one from COS is listed as Side gathered jersey dress, so I have some doubts ... I would definitely not want to be fitted or even bodycon (I hate those, too revealing and uncofortable for a daywear).

29ce626b20be21e9557aa935ff3f42d7.jpg

COS

I can't decide even if I should order it now when they have no shipping (which is 9 €) or wait a month or so and order it when/if it goes on sale.
The black skirt I ordered in March got discounted in the mid-season sale just a couple of week after I got it. :doh:

^I really wish COS had some pictures of it being worn by a model. So difficult to tell how it will fit.

I do like the color. And I really like shift dresses. I find them so chic:blush: (and very anti-Kardashian-ish) They do not agree with my height and body shape, though. I'll just live through you, if you don't mind, Jinadaze:lol: In my fantasy they are also sleeveless, but I guess you know what sleeve-length suits you best:wink:

Ta-ta: In a few years you can hire me to sue them if you'd like:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too, they are improving, but still don't have all the items modelled, I think not even a half.
I don't have any problems with any kind of sleeves and with fit of the clothes in general (except in finding pants that are long enough, as I mentioned before).
And of course I don't mind. :wink:

I think the two of you starting a complaining business is a great idea, btw :wink: I would love to hire someone to b!tch for me ... really. I can do it, and perhaps none better when I give it my full attention and ingenuity (she says oh so modestly) ... but I find it exhausting. I don't mean to encourage you to waste your fancy degrees and everything, but ... :wink:
My degrees are unfortunately already being wasted by the Portuguese economy, so... :wink: My boyfriend started suggesting we started our own business. Of course I mentioned this idea. He didn't seem interested. I already had a slogan and all... "Owning your b*tches for you" :(

I agree that COS should have pictures of the clothes worn. I often wander on that website trying to understand whether the clothes are loose or fitted or anywhere inbetween.
Jinadaze, if you're unsure, I'd wait - the sales are what, two weeks away or something like that?

I think they begin in July. :flower:

And I hear you about finding the job, I think economy in our country is currently similar as in yours ... it's horrible indeed as it invades in many aspects of life, but I know many people who found their jobs in recent months and I am sure you will to, just don't give up and keep trying ...

Ah, in here they start in July too, but in mid-late June there are already "promotions", whre most items are nicely priced down and start selling out :smile:

Thank you, I'm trying to keep positive. And yes, I think Slovenia is in a similar situation... Congrats on getting a job, btw!

Hi everyone!!

Sorry for being away for soooo long but I needed some time off. We went on a holiday in the beginning of May and I just didn't want to spend any money on clothing / shoes / accessories... And it worked! I paid less attention to the online stores and pinterest and all those sources of inspiration. And I suddenly felt a lot less "in need" of buying anything.

Now I will allow myself my three sales items when the sale starts. I have a little lists with items I am watching:
  • A pair of flat sandals
  • A necklace
  • A scarf
  • A short sleeved blouse
  • A clutch
  • A pair of loafers or slippers

What I'll get will depend on what goes on sale and with what reduction... I'm excited already! :wink: But it definitely felt great to give spending a break and enjoy what is in my wardrobe!

R&N, good to have you back! sounds good, taking a break. hope you had a lovely holiday.

Jin, I like that COS dress, but jersey is perhaps not the ideal material for the sort of dress you want... still, it's hard to say - if it's thick jersey, it will drape differently from when the material is thinner... hmmmn. a couple thoughts: COS usually has a lot of good dresses, perhaps this one is not The One, but they might have something else? also, their returns-system is very easy and returns are free (at least from the Netherlands). perhaps it is worth taking a chance? sale will start in a couple weeks, and before then, they have a code for free shipping (the code is: SUMMERTREAT)

@Eva: wow - and I thought my 3 weddings this year was a lot! Is all of the weddings with the same guests? If not maybe you can use some of the dresses more than once. That is what I would do.

Did you sort out your jacket situation?

@Jina: I am not quite sure what I would do about the dress. I guess it depends on how much you wanted. If you would not be too disappointed if it is gone by the time the sales start I would probably wait. Especially since it is jersey and therefore maybe not what you are looking for.

@Red: welcome back - you have been missed. Taking a break from all the materialism can be nice once in a while :wink: Looking forward to see what you will be getting in the sales.

---------

I sort of ordered a maxidress. Which was not part of my plan, and I am still not sure wether it will work out for me.

I love maxidresses but have sold all of the ones I have owned previously since they were all coloured/patterned which is not really my thing at the moment. Yesterday I saw a nice one on a blogger; black, spaghettistraps and low back. Very nice and appropriate for fall as well paired with boots and a leather jacket (which is pretty inmportant since the summer is only so long..). Assuming it looks good on me I guess it will be a nice addition since I love maxi dresses for summer and although I believed that my summer wardrobe where well-stocked it is appearently not the case.

I was hoping to keep within 10 purchases this season, but this one will be my 7th should I keep it. And my season does not end until August. Not sure how that will turn out since I probably will go thrifting when going to Berlin this summer. And also have a couple of things on my list from the AW collections, that will be in stores in the beginning of August. I guess it does not matter as long as I am focused on buying the right things.

^If it makes you feel any better, I can't keep to the 4-5 per season either. I just try to buy less, and better.

Hopefully if the items I get are good enough they will last and I can buy less and less as time passes:smile:

^If it makes you feel any better, I can't keep to the 4-5 per season either. I just try to buy less, and better.

Hopefully if the items I get are good enough they will last and I can buy less and less as time passes:smile:

It does :P

And I am buying less and better, and I guess that is what is important. Also I can see a clear improvement from last season. For AW12 I bought 6 items within the first two months - in the second month i bought 5 (!) items. I am halfway through my season and I have bought 6 items. Two in March, Three in April and one in May. 3 of these being winter items.

I'm with eizhowa on this one - I also focus on buying less things, getting my wear out of them, and getting better quality things that will last me a while. :D I think you're doing great, Betina. :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->