The Hunger Games Thread

A new pic, they all look so pretty ^_^

movies.yahoo.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Effie wearing McQueen? Love that look, it sort of reminds me of that famous Alexander McQueen butterfly hat, and which was so gloriously recreated on my favorite cover of the New Yorker, EVER (even if it's reason for being recreated is so sad and heartbreaking). I like the way Katniss and Peeta are styled as well, seems to suit them. Also, I'm sure it's been pointed out the the Peacekeepers look a little like stormtroopers, which I find amusing.

this is the one I'm referencing btw...
new_yorker.jpg

time.com

that's the third McQueen outfit on Effie no? We have the trailer outfit, the movie poster outfit and now this outfit. I like the thought of using McQueen for Effie.

I've watched the new trailer I don't know how many times since it was released. The people Lionsgate hire to edit the trailers for this franchise deserve a raise! Such great new material to see, and you can tell how much more of a budget they had for this one. I couldn't want to see this film more.

Wow everything looks wonderful apart from Finnick. Her mockingjay costume is beautiful.

I'm sorta surprised no one bumped this thread after the movie came out. Thoughts/opinions. Better/worse than the book? Improvement on the first film?

Saw it today so still letting it sink in. Initial impressions were that it was an improvement on the first film but verging on a little too long. Maybe that was because it seemed to be trying to stay quite faithful to the book.

I'm sorta surprised no one bumped this thread after the movie came out. Thoughts/opinions. Better/worse than the book? Improvement on the first film?

Saw it today so still letting it sink in. Initial impressions were that it was an improvement on the first film but verging on a little too long. Maybe that was because it seemed to be trying to stay quite faithful to the book.

I saw it three times already! I loved it. I think it was much better than the first one in terms of costumes, sets and overall direction (I think no one misses the shaky cam from the first one). The scenes shot in IMAX (the ones from the arena), are simply fantastic.

In terms of following the book, I liked that they kept the integrity of a lot of scenes. I also loved that they added all those scenes with Snow/Plutarch. Like in the first one, I felt these additions were necessary and very well directed, as some things would have been hard to convey solely form Katniss's point of view (like in the book).

Can't wait for Mockingjay :smile:

I already said this on his thread but I was pleasantly surprised with Sam Claflin´s work. I wasn´t expecting it based on his work on the other movies I´ve seen :smile:

I enjoyed the film, it was a bit on the long side but I didnt mind. I noticed a lot of people in the audience shed some tears. Most of my friends that did not read the books loved it! and were so excited by the ending.

I saw it three times already! I loved it. I think it was much better than the first one in terms of costumes, sets and overall direction (I think no one misses the shaky cam from the first one). The scenes shot in IMAX (the ones from the arena), are simply fantastic.
IMAX is great. Unfortunately I couldn't get to the cinema before it was replaced on IMAX screens by The Hobbit or I would have definitely opted for that. But I like that more big movies are embracing the format.

This second movie was definitely better directed. Not so much teen-on-teen violence in this one so it seemed to me there was less of an attempt to mask it. (For the first one in the UK release they actually cut some of the violence and blood out; I think the shaky cam, at least in the arena, was also a conscious decision to neutralise some of that by not lingering on it.)

Some great supporting cast as well. Stanley Tucci is amazing (and his teeth). I liked Jena Malone - Johanna Mason was a fun character in the book and it translated to the screen. And it's so awesome that they got Philip Seymour Hoffman as well.

In terms of following the book, I liked that they kept the integrity of a lot of scenes. I also loved that they added all those scenes with Snow/Plutarch. Like in the first one, I felt these additions were necessary and very well directed, as some things would have been hard to convey solely form Katniss's point of view (like in the book).

Can't wait for Mockingjay :smile:
I felt like with Catching Fire they seemed to stick more closely to the book than with the first one. It was my favourite of the books so in a way I'm glad. But that also makes me nervous about Mockingjay. My opinion is that they really need to radically alter portions of that to make it work. I was pretty disappointed by that book to be honest.

I felt like with Catching Fire they seemed to stick more closely to the book than with the first one. It was my favourite of the books so in a way I'm glad. But that also makes me nervous about Mockingjay. My opinion is that they really need to radically alter portions of that to make it work. I was pretty disappointed by that book to be honest.

Me too. Mockingjay was my least favorite book, but I am sure director Lawrence can adapt it well (and I wouldn't mind some straying away from the book for once....)

My sister accidently booked our tickets for an IMAX screening, but we throughly enjoyed the experience. Neither of us had been to an IMAX viewing before and Catching Fire was a fantastic film to compare to difference on.

I've also read the book before seeing the film, but didn't find myself comparing the book and movie at any time. I just loved every second of Catching Fire! You really could feel the energy and excitement from everyone in the theatre.

I loved Catching Fire! I saw it two days in a row when it came out.

Mockingjay will be two additional movies to adapt the book. The first one is slated to release Nov. 21, 2014. I think it's amazing they can crank these great movies out yearly. I don't know how they do it, but it's still great!

the posters are really col, the best of all the movies so far imo :smile:
thanks for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->