2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games

Very proud of our female athletes: 3 golds in the last 2 days - bobsledding, curling and hockey. All teams, too, which is interesting and lovely for them.

I'm looking forward to the second US vs Canada matchup tomorrow morning, I'm hoping we do better then we did today. However, the US women's hockey team ought to be proud of themselves, they played so well over during these games. It's crazy how in less then 60 seconds they went from being in the gold medal position to silver, but that's the insanity of sports, isn't it? But seriously, the US mens hockey team better bring it tomorrow! TJ Oshie I'm counting on you! :clap::crush:

^ Gah! That game was soooo nerve wracking right until the end. The Canadian and American hockey teams - both men's and ladies' - are so evenly matched, and great rivals. Makes for riveting viewing. Sorry Yoninah, I know you're probably bummed but Oshie made some good blocks, and your girl won slalom. :smile:

Thanks NPJ- the Canadian team did play so well and some days are better then others I suppose. I love watching Canada/US games because they really are evenly matched but it is so gut wrenching. To make matters worse my I went to the hockey game at my college and we lost. No one should see two of their teams lose in one day! :( But congrats to Canada, both teams have really given their all. I'm looking forward to seeing the gold medal game, to see who walks away with first place.

^ Yes; I for one will not be taking anything for granted in that game. Sweden have a great team.

Speaking of great teams, this Finnish team has been phenomenal. They took out the formidable Russian team and now they are clobbering a very talented USA team. I am surprised the Swedes beat them, but perhaps that suggests how well the Swedes are playing too. Gulp; it'll be a tough final tomorrow. At least Canada is assured of a silver now.

Men's hockey is so loaded! It's different with the women's where, it's true, the USA and Canadian teams are high above the pack, although that's changing.

Oh well, it's not quite over but it looks like Congrats are in order for Finland's team. I feel kind of bad for the USA. They had a good tournament. 4th place is tough no matter how you look at it, just missing a medal.

Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed in the US didn't end up placing, I think I wouldn't mind so much if the score had been a bit more even but to lose 0-5, it is a bit rough. I mean they played well but I guess it wasn't meant to be. But Finland deserves the praise too, everyone's really played so well this Olympics. And to be honest, at least we have the US-Russia game to look back on, that was insane!

^ Many have called that the best game of the tournament; those memories are worth cherishing for sure.

proud of my canadian men!
Price really was outstanding and i cant wait to see him live in action in april!

congrats to the sweden & finland teams too, you guys were great as well :flower:

proud of my canadian men!
Price really was outstanding and i cant wait to see him live in action in april!

congrats to the sweden & finland teams too, you guys were great as well :flower:

Oohh... not going to lie- slightly envious of you for getting to see a NHL game! I bet you'll have a fantastic time. I'm hoping to go see a Ottawa game next season with some friends since they are the closest NHL team to me, I can only imagine seeing a professional hockey game is just totally something else. It's been really fun to watch the hockey games this Olympics (and this NHL season too), everyone played very well and there were some great moments. That goes for this Olympics as a whole too, some really terrific and wonderful moments! Also, on a slightly more shallow note, I've also got several new crushes after watching these games, some really cute guys competed this year. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->