The Hunger Games Thread

I think Sam looks like he might make a good Finnick--I'll have to wait for the film to judge for sure.

And in all fairness to him, he would look taller if they hadn't cast the super-tall Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss. She is talented but her being 5'10" is going to make any guy look shorter.

Two new promotional images for Catching Fire! :woot:
295678_625018527514802_1911264659_n.jpg

11638_626500404033281_581016501_n.jpg

The Hunger Games Official Facebook

The second one is just perfect. Jen looks a bit weird in the first pic.

LOVE these two new posters--VERY sleek and interesting. Anticipating the film even more now.

Josh is so miscast even though he's adorable in real life.

Most of the characters are miscast including Jennifer. While she does a great job as Katniss her robust physical appearance doesn't help in portraying the poverty in Panem. I never got the impression she was an underdog when it looks like she can kick everyone's butt including Peeta and Cato. Her height also means that the male characters all look smaller than they should since they aren't even bothering to find actors over 6-feet save Liam Hemsworth.

tumblr_mj5exanvjv1rsgjzeo1_500.jpg

The Hunger Games Official Facebook

Effie Trinket's wearing Alexander McQueen F/W 2012, no?

^I was about to say "Very McQueen Fall 2012, no?" until I realized it actually is McQueen Fall 2012. It fits Effie's style great.

^
I agree. So perfect for Effie. I'm not sure what that says about our society or the way we dress.....

....or are WE Panem?! :o:shock::lol:

tumblr_mj7uvpuarR1rsgjzeo1_500.jpg

meangirlsofpanem.tumblr.com

I saw this on tumblr and I have to say that I think this a bit brilliant... love that people are such sleuths and have seen a mockingjay in Katniss's dress! Looks like Cinna is working his magic! :wink:
tumblr_mj7wh5FiFk1qe90hso1_500.jpg

stay-together-always.tumblr.com

tumblr_mj7mwslS8e1rsgjzeo1_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_mj7at2apmg1rsgjzeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mj5s8mgQee1rsgjzeo1_500.png

last three images are from meangirlsofpanem.tumblr.com

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I actually feel like the costumes for the film will be better then THG's, clearly people were a bit disappointed in the capitol! :lol: And Meg, I love that spot on comment! I'm sure that some would argue that our society is already Panem though. :o

Last edited by a moderator:
Loving the McQueen.

Wow thanks for that YoninahAliza! I love how much people on tumblr get into things. Katniss dress is really beautiful.

These portraits are great, and I LOVE the focus on fashion that the marketing dept. at Lionsgate has managed to create for these films. They're based on YA dystopian-action novels and yet the fashion is something we talk about! I also like how each character has a different chair.

I really love the portraits. Katniss' dress is beautiful and Lenny is really hot as Cinna.

Joanna Mason
tumblr_mj9hiwLQtc1rsgjzeo1_500.jpg

Beetee
tumblr_mj941g9Wuc1rsgjzeo1_500.jpg

meangirlsofpanem.tumblr.com

What I've noticed is that, so far, the contestants of the 75th Quarter Quell have all been seated or posed with the same, rather plain chair. I wonder if that symbolizes something? It's a sort of stark difference from the opulence of their outfits. Also, of course, they have been holding white roses, which are President Snow's favorite and hold quite a lot of symbolism in the books.

Double post, sorry, but I wanted to share the pictures that were just released.
Peeta Mellark
tumblr_mjay28P4Ne1rsgjzeo1_r1_500.jpg

My first thought when I saw this picture was that Peeta looks like he's wearing white uggs. :shock:

Gale Hawthorne
tumblr_mjb6dtJmlX1rsgjzeo1_500.jpg

Finnick Odair
tumblr_mjbc0oLd051rsgjzeo1_500.jpg

So while Finnick is attractive I just can't help but think that they went terribly wrong with his outfit. He looks like a pirate. A sexy pirate, but a pirate nonetheless. :doh:

*all sourced from... meangirlsofpanem.tumblr.com

The trailer for Catching Fire will be released this Sunday (April 14th) during the MTV Movie Awards starting at 8PM/ Eastern.

The website is releasing images of Catching Fire was people hashtag http://hungergamesexplorer.com/

A very short teaser has been released but not much is in it.

Oh and
Lionsgate announced that it will split the third installment of the series, Mockingjay, into two films, releasing Part 1 on November 21, 2014, and Part 2 on November 20, 2015.

insidemovies.ew

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->