The Hunger Games Thread

I really don't like this trend of splitting the final book in a series into two parts, it's just so silly in most cases (except for Harry Potter...I can see why from an aesthetic point why they would do it, there was so much to cover for the epic finale). Why can't movies be longer? Seriously, they should just add an intermission in the middle of the film and then play the rest of it afterwards, tons of Bollywood films do things like that, and it seems to work well. I'm sure the films will be good either way, looking forward to seeing the trailer on Sunday!

Facebook /The Hunger Games

I'm not to excited by the splitting of the films either. Its just a way for them to make more money. I don't think its necessary like it was for Harry Potter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in 2 minds whether it's good or bad ... the third book was so different in terms of the others. so many things happen yet katniss is not "in" them anymore...maybe they'll make that diff in the movies.

I actually think with a few tweaks Mockingjay part 1 and 2 could be the best parts even though they do not need to split it into 2. I'm probably in the minority but it is not as bad as nearly everyone thinks. I really liked how bleak and hopeless everything was.

I'm really thrilled by this trailer because I love the way it sets up the film. And I love the addition of having Snow and the Gamekeeper discussing Katniss and the other tributes and the dangers which they present; hope for the people. Some might not agree but I think that those scenes are a brilliant addition and make the story far more powerful. Also, while I was a tad disappointed that we didn't see Finnick I think it was a good move on the directors part not to show him. This trailer was all about the hope that Katniss sparked and the rebellion too.

Can anyone id Katniss and Peeta's outfit? I only recognize Alexander McQueen FW 2012 on Effie. Thx:flower:
528414_656267497723238_513036575_n.jpg

facebook.com/thehungergamesmovie

OMFG, this trailer gave me goosebumps. I can't wait.
I know that splitting a book into two movies is annoying but on the other hand we get more hunger games :rolleyes: though the finale would be really intense and unforgettable if they did just one film. I don't know if it's good or bad. I guess we'll see.

The cinematography is wonderful and it looks like it will a better film than the first one. I have to say that Jennifer and Liam have so much more on-screen chemistry than Jennifer and Josh do. I did not get the Peeta/Katniss thing in the books and I definitely don't get it in the films.

This will be even better than the first one!!!! The people behind this franchise really know what they are doing. I totally like the scene additions with snow & co. They show all the things I missed in the book because it was just from Katniss' perspective.

I can'T wait.

the costumes are sooooooo much better already :woot: i couldnt contain myself when i watched on Sunday

the costumes are sooooooo much better already :woot: i couldnt contain myself when i watched on Sunday

I know... I was a bit worried by the promo pics - I thought using Alexander McQueen for Effie was lazy costume design - but the hair and make up and everything look really great in the trailer.

Will we get to see the different wedding dress designs hinted at in the book?

^I sure hope so! It'll be like a "better" version of those scenes in Sex & The City where Carrie shoots an editorial for Vogue with different wedding dresses (that happened right? I feel like I'm making it up almost :lol:). But who knows, they might not emphasize that aspect as much. Though I wish they would because they were all Cinna's designs and I love how he used clothes to create political change. Such a powerful and profound character.

Last edited by a moderator:
The trailer was fantastic!

I LOVE that they continued the same structure they did with the teaser trailer for The Hunger Games--only showing scenes before the Arena. I absolutely cannot wait for the next trailer to see a glimpse of all the new characters, the amazingly sadistic but somehow cool Arena...and the makeout on the beach. :D I think that might be the moment that Katniss/Peeta takes over the movie audience (if it didn't with the cave scene in THG).

Ooohhh.... very cool poster! Thanks for sharing it. :flower: I love the tagline they used for the poster, it works so well in this case. Also, Katniss looks really awesome and strong and I love that the poster reflects that side of her.

^hahaha I was about to say that the bird shape was played out by now :P
The dress detail was nice but I hope they don´t use it everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarenabrilcoleman
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->