Vogue Paris December 2015/January 2016 : Vanessa Paradis

Vogue Paris ( but also fashion in general) has been so bad and lackluster for so long that when they seem to make a bit of an effort we rejoice because god knows it doesn't happen very often.

I agree! The worst period in fashion!

That third cover just scares me... They should do a poster for kids "behave! Or she'll steal your Christmas!"

And what is she getting recognition for? Attending Chanel shows?

In the first cover her pose is very unflattering...

Anyway, I am already borderline offensive, so better stop! I just wish that grey backgroud disappeared!

Btw, who said it was going to be an actress? She has done some films, but she isn't a proper actress, nol:

Well she is did some very well regarded films and she has won a Cesar. People do also know her as an actress.

I love I&V cover, Not at all Keen on Sims. But i like Vanessa since i was a child, so it's an instant buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
She doesn't need anything to be on the cover of Vogue Paris (Ok, last time, she was the face of MiuMiu).
She is an icon. 27 years of career, face of Chanel since 1990. She is very popular in France. People do love her and she is considered as a style icon.

Well she is did some very well regarded films and she has won a Cesar. People do also know her as an actress.

I love I&V cover, Not at all Keen on Sims. But i like Vanessa since i was a child, so it's an instant buy.

Yes, I know, but it's like saying Tom Ford is a film director. I just don't see it, although he has done a film and a very good one that won Oscars... I would describe him as a designer that has done some films.

Incredible that she has been working for Chanel 26 years!! I never realized that.

Yes, I know, but it's like saying Tom Ford is a film director. I just don't see it, although he has done a film and a very good one that won Oscars... I would describe him as a designer that has done some films.

Incredible that she has been working for Chanel 26 years!! I never realized that.

But Tom Ford made just one film when he was totally established in people's minds as a designer, there is no way to compare, and even then very rarely you get a profile of Tom Ford that doesn't expand on his film career, exactly because the film was so well regarded. On the other hand Vanessa made dozens of films since she was very young, her singing and acting careers are parallel, that's why she is always referred to her singer and an actress. People never saw her exclusively as a singer.

I love it and I love covers without young women, it is nice to see
Proud to be named after her!

Now this is the Vogue Paris I like ! great choice, great photographers, great cover(s).

I like both Sims's and Sadli's covers. So happy the latter finally shot a cover.

- I&V cover styled by Emmanuelle Alt and she is wearing Chanel
- Sims cover styled by Suzanne Koller and she is wearing Miu Miu
- Sadli cover styled by Joe McKenna and she is wearing Vetements

I sometimes don’t get the insatiable nickpicking— although I forget that I'm definitely guilty of it from time to time.

Vanessa is such a welcome presence to VP for me, at this time: She’s this constant stylish image of a Parisian that's been with me from my youth to now, 2015. Individuals like her are the ones I’d like to see on the cover of VP. I don’t care for the Jenners or the Kardashians who have absolutely nothing to contribute to high fashion, or most Hollywood-hyped actors/ actresses who all have no style anyways.

And the covers look very strong— of a beautiful woman in her 40s. Personal taste aside, these are the kind of imageries that have a timeless but modern flair, to me anyways.

Maybe I’m just feeling particularly hopeful, positive for the moment: After having peruse through the Vintage Ad thread, with all those campaigns of the early-80s, I have to say how grateful I am for the state of high fashion is— visually LOL My god, the designs, photography, styling and models are all such a frightening vision of a period in high fashion.

the karim sadli cover is great even if i don't really like the smile with the hood on ( it looks like she's happy for the bad things she did this all year ). I dont like the color palet of the Sims cover ... weird

But am I the only one who thinks her body looks very weird in the first one?
Oh yes, I feel the same. The first cover is attractive in a weird way. The lower part of her reminds me of Lady Gaga in Bad Romance.

flavorwire
The second cover is just very nice classic, but gives you nothing extra only beauty. Don't like the last cover, the hoodie makes it too dark for me.
I'm very glad they choose Vanessa, she is very elegant and timeless.

^^^ It is an awkward angle— sort of mangled LOL

But it’s precisely that reason why I like it. It's striking and graphic and odd: Topless is common fodder. Bottomless is uncomfortable to see, but interesting nonetheless on the cover of a magazine. It isn’t perfect, but it’s still polished and sharp— all three of them. (And I know she’s been given the retouching treatment, even generously. But, she still looks very fit and lean. Very sexy.)

Last edited by a moderator:
- I&V cover styled by Emmanuelle Alt and she is wearing Chanel
- Sims cover styled by Suzanne Koller and she is wearing Miu Miu
- Sadli cover styled by Joe McKenna and she is wearing Vetements
thanks for info
McKenna nailed it as always

Who told us it was going to be an actress on the cover? Well she's acting sometimes but she's mostly a singer.

Thefrenchy informed us 'someone French' would guest-edit the December/January issue in the Cover Rumor Thread, and we just ran with the idea of the subject being an actress. Must admit, I too, immediately thought of an actress but Vanessa is a much-welcomed choice!

Inez & Vinoodh's cover speaks volumes to me but that David Sims cover is verging on being iconic! I'm usually the first one to call out Sims' photography for being consistently dry and weak but that particular shot of Vanessa is wonderful, and has made for a truly fabulous and celebratory cover. As much as I adore I&V's, Alt should have just ran with the Sims cover because it's in a league of its own. Can't wait for the content now! :heart:

I like the cover by David Sims but i'm not sure if i'll buy it.
It's out next tuesday so i"ll decide next week.

Amazing covers, all the three. Nice to see Vanessa, she's one of the icons of France, the content will be better.

Previews:

vogue.fr, issuu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->