When and how do you decide what to wear?

The night before, I will think of what to wear first. So the next morning, I need not waste time pondering what to wear.

Def the day of. Choosing the right outfit for the day for me is dependent on how I feel when I wake up in the morning. That said I do make entire outfits for fun and if I'm stuck for what to wear in the morning I have a back up.

Hi!

I'm following my feelings too, so I pick out my outfit just before I'm leaving - in the morning.

-Jutta-

It's never really the same for me. Sometimes I wake up in such a rush that all I can do is try to remember my activities for the day and dress according to them (or not!).. those are usually my favorite outfits :P.. at the risk of sounding pathetic, I tend to be quite surprised to see how I managed to put together such good outfits (in my eyes anyway!) in less than a 3-minute song (I dress with music -_-)..
Other days, I plan and plan while taking a shower, then while eating breakfast and nothing seems to work out in my head.. and nothing works eventually but I still wear it. When that happens.. I can complain all day long to myself about minimal things like 'why am I wearing this scarf and not the scarf that I threw away at the last minute!?'.. and that makes me feel so silly that I decide to plan even more carefully what to wear for the next day so I can avoid such thoughts... and it turns out pretty well.. it's either spontaneous or highly strategic I guess.. I hate hate hate morning crisis.. that's just something I am prepared for with one of two lifesaver outfits but the fact that it is a crisis means that no outfit will cure it until the day is over. :ninja:

depends on the occasion. if i have early classes, i'll just throw something on. anything formal or special requires more thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am always "not in the mood" to plan the night before but I'm always late in the mornings because I'm really picky about looking just right. Sometimes when I"m really rushing I end up resorting to the "backup outfit" of t-shirt and jeans.

I always pick outfits in the morning... but if I'm having trouble sleeping sometimes I think of clothes and outfits instead of counting sheep...

If I know Ill have to be really quick in the morning I pick my clothes out in the night before. But if I have time I do it in the morning. It can also happen that I wont wear the outfit I picked out the nihght before , because I have a better idea, or am in another mood, or the weather is different.

Night before but sometimes I pick up something else in the morning.

i always pick and choose in the morning too...i could never understand the concept of picking outfits the night before...how do you know what you'll feel like wearing, what the weather will be like, what will feel right etc. sometimes my outfits come together really quickly and i'll just instinctively reach for all the right items and feel really comfortable....other days i literally throw clothes on and tear them off for half an hour before i find something that feels right...often it's not even about the clothes themselves, it's just that i dont feel comfortable with any combinations,. its such a strange thing, i really hate those days :doh: :innocent: i often wonder if anyone else has them....i start to feel really crazy, wanting to just sit on the floor and not move until the right outfit occurs to me :stuart: :lol:. and like mullet, sometimes i leave the house and then feel unsettled all day because i just dont feel good with something that i'm wearing. :ninja: i've even been known to drive home in a lunch break and change...:innocent:
....but i often run completely late in the mornings simply because i just cant find something i feel like wearing....:lol: i dont know why...i don't even wear anything very complicated!.

Last edited by a moderator:
sometimes. if i'm in a rush, i got a selection of "go-to" looks which always work and looks good.

I tend to pick my outfits in the morning, but for an important meeting or event I'll plan ahead, maybe days ahead rather than the night before (which gives me time to hit the cleaners if I need to).

^I agree. I pick out my outfits in the morning because I choose what to wear depending on my mood. Sometimes I do think ahead (like when my mind drifts during a boring lecture), but often, I end up discarding that outfit the next day because I just don't feel like wearing it anymore. However, there are times when it is good to sort out outfits beforehand, for example, when you know that you want to wear a certain piece on a certain day, then of course. ^_^

I always pick outfits in the morning... but if I'm having trouble sleeping sometimes I think of clothes and outfits instead of counting sheep...
hahaha me too. im laying in bed like... hm what if i wore that with that. :rolleyes: such a girl.

It all depends on the weather and how I feel in morning :rolleyes:

In the morning but im going to start picking out my outfits for the week on sundays

actually I have changed my mind.. I choose my outfit at night before if I have to go work in the morning - i have to wake pretty early so it easier to choose before. But if I stay home or go later, then I pick my outfit just in the morning.

its not really a problem, cause i only wear 3-4 outfits with different clothes. i never plan, but if i have an event, i might figure something out the day before. maybe.

personally, I see clothing/your style as an extension of yourself... I have never really planned outfits (aside from weddings or other special events of course). otherwise, I wake up, rifle through my closet and whatever "feels right" at that moment, I grab it, grab a few other things I am in the mood for that day, put them on and there goes my outfit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->