Why do you like/hate John Galliano?

well, we are going to get completely out of topic here :P, because on this thread we are not supposed to talk about anything but the reasons of why we love or hate Mr Galliano...

but, yea, they do play the music from the show on the boutique of the avenue Montaigne, wich is the biggest of the four Dior boutiques on Paris (well, the fourth one was inaugurated after i went so maybe thats even bigger :blink: ), that´s also like their headquarters i guess...., but the music only sounds on the hall of the boutique and not very loud, probably because can obviously become a torture for the sales people to hear it over and over..., the other boutique i visited on St Germain des Prés, had a different soundtrack playing, the typical boutique/fashion like music, and on the Milan boutique they were playind deeper and deeper by madonna and some sales people were singing along it :lol:...

ohh i forgot the other answer....

the inside of the boutiques :rolleyes: , well, i think prety much like all of the Dior boutiques i think, these kind of soft grey coloured walls, silver mannequins, screens playing the video of the current rtw show endlessly...

on the Montaigne boutique, that´s one huge floor, the have a lot of clothing, weding dresses, furs, lots of accesories, and a special place for perfumes and make-up (very beautifully decorated, very special i thought) and on the smaller bouiques wich are 2 floor, they have accesories on the first and clothing on the second.

Coming out of the fashion closet here -- I saw a pair of Galliano Homme pants and I want them :shock: :ninja: :ermm:

faust said:
yes, excorcise me, father, for i have sinned!

:D . AS long as it's those newspaper print ones Faust, all is forgiven.

faust said:
actually, they are completely black :shock: :D :woot:

Hmm...are they bias cut with a kind of built in funny waistband? When I was last in L'Eclaieur, the guy was trying to sell me trousers like that. They looked nice, as in wellmade etc, but they were quite feminine I thought - very drapey?

What are these ones like that you're thinking about?

Johnny said:
Hmm...are they bias cut with a kind of built in funny waistband? When I was last in L'Eclaieur, the guy was trying to sell me trousers like that. They looked nice, as in wellmade etc, but they were quite feminine I thought - very drapey?

What are these ones like that you're thinking about?

might be similar :shock: . by bias cut, do you mean like banana cut? they looked well made and so incredibly comfortable. drapey, yes, but that's what you get with banana cut pretty much. they are well made indeed, the cotton is supersoft, almost sweatshirt like, without looking like one. fully lined, which is always a major plus in my book, with cargo pockets, and a little bit of silvery hardware (zipper, buckles) without going overboard (funny to say that about a galliano piece).

faust said:
might be similar :shock: . by bias cut, do you mean like banana cut? they looked well made and so incredibly comfortable. drapey, yes, but that's what you get with banana cut pretty much. they are well made indeed, the cotton is supersoft, almost sweatshirt like, without looking like one. fully lined, which is always a major plus in my book, with cargo pockets, and a little bit of silvery hardware (zipper, buckles) without going overboard (funny to say that about a galliano piece).

bias cutting is when the fabric is turned at a 45 degree angle and then cut, this allows for natural stretch also the fabric doesnt frey i think you mean "John Wayne cut pants". i have a pair of Galliano's "John wayne cut pants" but they're jeans they look great on you get nice draping on your body, the trousers that you're talking about do they have the metal bit on the crotch?

VICTIM said:
bias cutting is when the fabric is turned at a 45 degree angle and then cut, this allows for natural stretch also the fabric doesnt frey i think you mean "John Wayne cut pants". i have a pair of Galliano's "John wayne cut pants" but they're jeans they look great on you get nice draping on your body, the trousers that you're talking about do they have the metal bit on the crotch?

still not clear on the difference :unsure:

metal bit on the crotch? HELL NO! :huh:

:lol: good they're not the ones i'm thinking about.

bias is to do with the cutting of the fabric not the shape:flower:

VICTIM said:
:lol: good they're not the ones i'm thinking about.

bias is to do with the cutting of the fabric not the shape:flower:

oh, ok, I think I'm getting it. I think my Dirk Schonberger pants are both bias cut and banana shaped!!! :woot:

is this bias cut?

pop_caterina_pom.jpg

Dammit, I just realised we derailed this thread. I'm sorry mods, if you want to delete these posts, feel free :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
faust said:
oh, ok, I think I'm getting it. I think my Dirk Schonberger pants are both bias cut and banana shaped!!! :woot:

is this bias cut?

Dammit, I just realised we derailed this thread. I'm sorry mods, if you want to delete these posts, feel free :flower:

At the risk of further derailment, that's not bais Faust since the cut is with the weave, but its just been turned sideways. Bias is cut against the weave ofthe fabric (so in teh bag above, would be a cut directly from south to north), usually 45 degrees so. Getting slighly back on topic, it's kind of been Galliano's trademark for years I think, in particular with long dresses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloome
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->