Why do you love/hate Dsquared?

Completely tasteless. DSquared makes Dolce & Gabbana look like Chanel.

I used to LOVE Dsquared back when they were campy-cool but now...it's utter trash. Some pieces are alright, but sooo overpriced it makes Hermes look like a bargain.

i dont hate it because i dont know it too well, and really ive seen most of it but its never appealed to me...

Good grief Dsquared is a JOKE.

And one that isn't funny.

Quite possibly the crassest, crudest, vilest soi-disant "label" out there next to juicy couture. Even your mother would cringe. The kind of clothes persons of a more attenuated taste would look back and feel positively EMBARRASSED about even being mildly positive about ("I can't believe I liked that crap!!").

Unmitigated rubbish.

Last edited by a moderator:
like it because they have nice jeans and sexy fashion shows, hate it because of their recent attempt towards going high fashion.

Hmm,let me rate it. 8 /10, I liked their Fall Rtw collection, but I disagreed with them about how its "church like". The spring one ws alright, nice stuff but they were alot of tacky stuff.

Someday said:
I'm from Toronto so I am proud of them, but it seems that since the logo t-shirt/low rise jeans/trucker look has expired, they don't have many ideas left in them. But it is too soon to tell, though rumours of deteriorating health for one of the twins continually surfaces here in Toronto (and could account for the new interest in spirituality in their recent collections).

They have actually been designing womenswear for a long time- I remember when they were the designers for PORTS INTERNATIONAL in the late '80's- and I think those collections fuelled the rumours they would design for CELINE.

They are talented and creative, and although not at the peak of their game, they have so far resisted the urge to do a diffusion line, handbag collection, perfume, "lower-priced jeans" line, underwear line and all the other licenses far more pedigreed designers have obliged to (and any DSQUARED license could be exceptionally profitable).

That in of itself deserves respect.
i think their religion-themed clothing is supposed to be ironic, i mean, my affinity for religious paraphernalia is ripe with irony.
I wanna see more religious figures on clothing.

adam.

I'm not sure if DSquared is affiliated with D&G, but i find D^2 one step behind D&G. Although, both of them have great streetwear -- too bad it's too expensive to be commonly recognised.

adam.

I have to agree with that. I'm not really a fan because it seems like the same old, same old. I'd rather spend my money on something that looks halfway decent.

I think DSquare are relying on kitchy, gimmicky clothing, while D&G have style down. That's where they're divided. I own a few D&G items, and i haven't regretted buying any of them -- the fit, the cut, the wear-and-tear are just perfect. But, DSquared, their stuff is just not suited for me, i suppose. Again, a little too hipster-of-the-fashion-world for me.

If money were no object, what would you pack your closet with?

adam.

when i think of D squared i think of jeans..i only own a pair of brown jeans by them, and i love them because i could really show my *** in them :smile: though i choose not to, and wear some bikini undies..not thongs! thongs are ok but not for sl*tty jeans :smile:

Everything is trashy, skanky and over the top
My sentiments exactly. D-squared strikes me as the personification of kitsch.
However I have even more disrespect for the people who think dressing in a d-sqaured outfit is "hip"

I dunno, D&G is more eurotrash, while D-Squared is more american, over-the-top trash. ( Don't forget D2 almost singlehandely revived the lumberjack/redneck look)

Last edited by a moderator:
dsquared is tacky and kitsch, thats why i like it its there style i mean Moschino and Versace they were all about bad taste and kitsch when they were designing.

i have to say the shows are fun and yes most of the clthes are utter bollocks but they have some nice pieces i have to say i have quite a few dsquared2 pieces and manage to style them with other designers such as ann dem (okay that sounds so wrong but whatever) and dior homme.

Acid: i'm in your class and wear dsquared2 so are we both equally talentless? :P

Hed Kandi: designers that put a logo on a t-shirt then charge hundreds of dollars for it? i did notice your avatar was a dior homme logo *hint hint*

The sentiments will continue as trashy and grotesque. Not to mention,I think they really insult gay men as a whole by presenting such archetypical campy and sleazy imagery of what we seem to be. I find them rather pathetic...in both senses really. They're not even good designers to begin with.

Scott said:
The sentiments will continue as trashy and grotesque. Not to mention,I think they really insult gay men as a whole by presenting such archetypical campy and sleazy imagery of what we seem to be. I find them rather pathetic...in both senses really. They're not even good designers to begin with.
Well, you could say they cater to a certain type of a gay man (or a straight man for that matter) - the eurotrashy kind. If you were to walk in to Jeffrey, for example, where D2 is a staple, you will see plenty of people who are a mirror image of what D2 stand for - the empty la-la land type. The gay guys who work at A, for example, would not be caught dead in that place, because it's complete opposite to their aesthetic - I know, cause they told me. :D

VICTIM said:
dsquared is tacky and kitsch, thats why i like it its there style i mean Moschino and Versace they were all about bad taste and kitsch when they were designing.

i have to say the shows are fun and yes most of the clthes are utter bollocks but they have some nice pieces i have to say i have quite a few dsquared2 pieces and manage to style them with other designers such as ann dem (okay that sounds so wrong but whatever) and dior homme.

Acid: i'm in your class and wear dsquared2 so are we both equally talentless? :P

Hed Kandi: designers that put a logo on a t-shirt then charge hundreds of dollars for it? i did notice your avatar was a dior homme logo *hint hint*

It's a nice disclaimer, and I agree - sometimes you will see a very classic and towned down piece - but this is not the overall image of the brand, and that's really what we are talking about.

I LOVE Dsquared! Their clothes are a miracle for your figure. :P Some things are maybe a bit too much for the 'every day clothing' but when I go clubbing in a dsquared jeans for exemple it will make me feel sexy..
Some people could think it is trashy but I think is all about how you wear it. Wearing a whole dsquared outfit may look a bit too much, its all about the right combinations!
When I think about trashy I think more of versace, moschino and sometimes D&G. These labels can look a bit cheap sometimes and I think dsquared does not!
You got to wear it with a sense of humor

By the way, I love over the top gay men haha :wink: Dean & Dan are so funny!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojopupra
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->