‪Vogue Japan May 2018 : Bella Hadid by Patrick Demarchelier‬

Don't these big companies have the money to cancel this shoot and shoot a new story with different photographer?

Considering the amount of cover Demarchelier shoot for the various editions of Vogue, from a business point of view, it would be a disaster for Conde Nast to reshoot everything. In terms of logistic, it's just ridiculous!

What is a bit weird is that the accusations were made in January. Here we are with a May cover. At this point, i expect a June cover.

A pretty good cover for Bella... her face looks relax and pretty...

i see no problem here..nice cover..happy for Bellz she works hard..life is good everyone is winning :smile::wink:..it seems like the vast majority of comments on here when it comes to certain models is negative regardless of what they do..i don't get it & can't relate to the hate..it's 2018.. not 1996-2006 sh*t loosen up folks ...lol

Don't these big companies have the money to cancel this shoot and shoot a new story with different photographer?

Of course not. Budgets are so incredibly tight right now at all magazines, across all publishers. It's just not feasible to throw out a Demarchelier shoot featuring a Hadid. But! They could have not published his name, like V did for Testino. Or they could have used one of the inside editorials as the cover story. But maybe they could only book Bella on the promise of a cover? Who knows.

Can someone post the BOF story where ADR says she may leave VJ?

Thanks

What a waste of a cover. Overrated model and photographer, and the result looks pretty dull. I never minded VJs autopilot direction in the past, because at least the styling and models kept it interesting. Take that away and you're left with not much.

ADR leaving this magazine is for the greater good. Her direction added nothing to this magazine.

It looks like they didn't even try because this is just boring.

i see no problem here..nice cover..happy for Bellz she works hard..life is good everyone is winning :smile::wink:..it seems like the vast majority of comments on here when it comes to certain models is negative regardless of what they do..i don't get it & can't relate to the hate..it's 2018.. not 1996-2006 sh*t loosen up folks ...lol
Yeah some people are just salty that their faves don't get covers because they're overlooked by money makers :lol:

I was like that too until I realized nothing is gonna change and we are not in the 90s or even the 2000s anymore so I've embraced celebrities and nepotism models with open arms because that's what people want to see now.

I actually like Bella on this cover. I think she looks beautiful.

UNDER BELLA'S SPELL
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
Stylist: Sissy Vian
Hair: Orlando Pita
Make-Up: Peter Philips
Model: Bella Hadid

her.team/bella-hadid-vogue-japan-may-2018/

Preview: 292p

Under Bella's Spell
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
Stylist: Sissy Vian
Hair: Orlando Pita
Makeup: Peter Philips
Model: Bella Hadid

When The Rain Falls
Photographer: Giampaolo Sgura
Stylist: Paul Cavaco
Hair: Rutger
Makeup: Tom Pecheux
Model: Lexi Boling

Big Time
Photographer: Christian MacDonald
Stylist: Sarajane Hoare
Hair: James Pecis
Makeup: Sally Branka
Models: Selena Forrest & Charlee Fraser

Cowgirl of The Desert
Photographer: Francesco Carrozzini
Stylist: Paul Sinclaire
Hair: Maranda Widlund
Makeup: Kathy Jeung
Models: Stella Lucia & Josh Yarr

I love how the industry today celebrates models who can't emote with one same facial expression and designers who don't know how to design. But I quite like the styling though.

That opening shot is terrible. I don't know who's in charge of the poses, maybe Patrick, maybe her but I'm guessing that's the best pose that she could think of for that dress...

Bella looks scared & even surprised in some of these photos. She’s insanely beautiful but that’s it, she has no range and has made little to no improvement in her work.

WHEN THE RAIN FALLS
Photographer: Giampaolo Sgura
Stylist: Paul Cavaco
Hair: Rutger
Make-Up: Tom Pecheux
Model: Lexi Boling

Vogue Japan Digital Edition

BIG TIME
Photographer: Christian MacDonald
Stylist: Sarajane Hoare
Hair: James Pecis
Make-Up: Sally Branka