1883-1971 Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel

(L-R) Fashion designer Coco Chanel w. Duke Laurino of Rome on beach at the Lido

The last one I found... Please post more, if you have any!

i love how KARL had picked out INES DE LA FRESSANGE as his muse for a long period of time.
she really did a good job to represent COCO :blush:

Amazing woman. Groundbreaking, unique - SMART.

:heart:

she has this incredible aura of confidence around her, she's mysterious and idolic to me

Does anyone know the name of a good biography on her life? She's always fascinated me but all I've ever read was an article here and there about her. Any help would be appreciated. :flower:

lovely pictures - she was amazing, inspiring in every way

Originally posted by tealady@Mar 29th, 2004 - 7:09 pm
Try Chanel: Her Style and her Life by Janet Wallach.
Thanks, I'll have to order it. I've been in every bookstore and our local library,not a book on fashion of any kind in sight. :huh:

hey all of you amazing fashion gods&goddesses!!
since you keep amazing me everytime you start working those topics :woot: i thouht i'd ask for your help on my spring-project. i've chosen: who was coco chanel, what has she done for fashion and women in general and what does the name CHANEL mean today?
so...i wondered if any of you have good advice? please don't give me a bunch of links even thought that's also great, i am looking for more :flower: expert information like which other designers relate their collections to her, great quotes by coco chanel, the cut, shape and colors of her clothes, etc. ok those were reallllyyy bad examples but you get the picture, right? just some inspiration to get me started. i don't want to only write about her clothes, but also a little about her as the revolutionary woman that she was... so if you can help, i'll be forever thankful and i swear to post 1000s of lovely pictures you can adore!hihi :P

thanks you're awesome :heart:

I think Junya Watanabe made an ala "Chanel" fw colletion last year with cute bows. If I am not wrong Yohji Yamamoto also made a retro collection with a lot of tweed, inspired by Chanel few years ago.

There was an exhibition in Antwerp 2 or 3 years ago during the "fashion marathon" :-) and it was called "2 women" about Coco Chanel and Rei Kawakubo.

Good luck:-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->