Chanel Pre-Fall 2009 Paris-Moscow

This collection would have looked far better if it had the normal white flawless background. I find the red carpet and rich surroundings a huge distraction from the clothes. Any ideas why there is virtually no coverage of the show anywhere on the internet. Has Chanel PR gone one step further by only permitting those of (cough) celebrity status?

After looking through the entire collection I can only say I love it even more, it's brilliant! :wub: Hope to see some video soon, can't wait for the music!

i haven't been this much impressed by a chanel collection..from a long time!

This collection would have looked far better if it had the normal white flawless background. I find the red carpet and rich surroundings a huge distraction from the clothes. Any ideas why there is virtually no coverage of the show anywhere on the internet. Has Chanel PR gone one step further by only permitting those of (cough) celebrity status?

*Totally agree with you on the first part, the collection wouldn't be anywhere near as kitschy if it had a monochromatic backdrop like every other Chanel collection.

And I'm confused about the lack of press attention, too. Maybe the company is tightening its belt somehow with all of this recession business going on? :blink:

The full movie is up on chanel.com. Just go to "Fashion and Accessories" and the movie is under the "News" section.

^Thanks for the update! I thought the same thing about the background- Karl so often does stark white and gray but this was too much...Cute idea, but it didn't show the clothes off very well, and the gold wall was not a good idea...
My theory is the big shows are such a huge thing now, they want to make access to the pre fall and cruise shows just for the in crowd- no room for huge media coverage and all...But I need some detail shots- even the Style.com pics are very limited, and they almost always have front row, backstage and detail shots... :( There were some big stars there, and so far no pics...

I still haven't watched the video yet but the collection is amazing! Truly beautiful and intricate! I really love the Russian inspiration and the colors. The head pieces are breath taking! My only complaint is that it seems a bit too heavy for pre-fall for me. Taking that out though its a near perfect collection.

genius.
I see Vikings meet the Queen inspiration. With the jewels staying true to the original hommage.
I love this show!

Last edited by a moderator:

sad isn't it?
Wait until I take over the Chanel PR!
...after graduation:rolleyes:

When I think of Chanel, I'm usually so conflicted. The collections often underwhelm me, but I'm blown away by women like Daphne Guinness and Rinko Kikuchi, wearing any of their numerous Chanel gowns. I guess the clothes translate from runway to real(ly privileged) life in a way that I can't visualize, without an engagingly eccentric 'celebrity' personality spoon-feeding it to me. :P With that said, this is one of my favorite Chanel collections in quite awhile (despite my slightly negative lead-up).

The full movie is up on chanel.com. Just go to "Fashion and Accessories" and the movie is under the "News" section.

Hi,my browser can find out and download the flv from brands' official site..
I try,it works on Lanvin,Dior,Gucci..but doesn't work in Vuitton and Chanel..
Do vuitton and chanel use another file format like Mp4 or something else?
Which browser you use for downloading fashion runway video?

Last edited by a moderator:
And so the day arrived when I actually looked forward to something from Monsieur Lagerfeld...

First of all, I love the idea of a Twenties short film. It looks very authentic and not so tacky as I would have presumed something made with today's digital cameras and their "perfect" and cold style. I am looking forward to seeing the whole ten-minute clip.

As for the collection. It is very, very Christian Lacroix. Karl seems to have also taken something else from Christian - this time he hasn't plastered the double-Cs everywhere (I could only find one with a quick glance).

The pieces seem well constructed and there are some I really adore (you see, I have finally managed to see that behind the awful logomania and egomania Lagerfeld has, he can construct beautiful clothes which, when taken out of the Chanel/Lagerfeld setting, actually prove to be some of the best in the industry). On the other hand, it is a bit too boxy at times... sometimes I get the feeling that Lagerfeld hasn't really put effort to all of the pieces. Some pieces are simply beautiful and then there are those which seem a bit like "fillings" to create a whole collection.

As for the theme. Imperial Russia, or Imperial anything, has been done quite similarly by McQueen (although I always thought McQueen's collection was more about the era of British Empire and Indian maharadzas than Russia) - and I am sure Lacroix has derived inspiration from the same source before too. It would be interesting to see what the collection would look like without the hats and headdresses... would we be instantly thinking of Imperial Russia? Yet I think that perhaps Lagerfeld has tried to take a more understated point-of-view to the theme, which can easily turn to costume-y. This is more subtle than McQueen.

I am not very educated about the fashion of Imperial Russian court... but somewhere I got the impression that it was actually pretty much along the lines of French fashion, at least in the 18th and 19th centuries? Hence this doesn't really bring to my mind Imperial Russia as strongly as it does bring the folk costumes of Russia... but perhaps I am just ignorant about this. And do we mean by "Imperial Russia" the court or the people? I am getting confused.

If and when this ends up at editorials, I hope they will incorporate these pieces with ones from other designers, NOT create the whole costume-look as with Alexander McQueen's similar collection.

hmm i'm not too sure about it :( after i loved ss09 so much aswell i was starting to get back into chanel again :P

Complete Collection:

01m.jpg
02m.jpg

03m.jpg
04m.jpg

style.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swfrank123