Chanel Pre-Fall 2009 Paris-Moscow

This is so Christian Lacroix....but I like the presentation. Nostalgic!
:heart:

where can i buy chanel male garments?
I check Chanl Hongkong boutique,and the answer is no

^^ Good question!! I am under the impression they make very few copies of the different pieces... :cry:

^^ Good question!! I am under the impression they make very few copies of the different pieces... :cry:

One of my female friends tells me that if a man want to buy a male chanel piece,he just needs to pick up the large size from the female's collection..not so different:lol:

This is so Christian Lacroix....but I like the presentation. Nostalgic!
:heart:
agreed it is a little bit Galliano and McQueen as well I guess Karl is exploring a more showman ship side and I like it:heart:
ok so I editing this I just did another look and decided it might be a little to tacky but I still love it I am so conflicted

Last edited by a moderator:
From Irenebrination:
Chanel Pre-Fall 09: Return of the Russian trend (and of the fashion and cinema connection)

Paris, late ‘60s: inspired by the costumes worn in the film Doctor Zhivago by David Lean, Dior created the “Zhivago look”, with a Russian-themed collection that featured overblouses with a high standing collar closing at the side rather than centre front.
As the years passed Russia became a staple inspiration for many designers: Yves Saint-Laurent produced a Russian collection in 1976-77 that called to mind the exoticism of the most avant-garde dance company in the history of ballet, The Ballets Russes; designer duo Tata Naka anticipated in their Fall-Winter 2002/03 collection - that included dresses featuring early ‘20s Soviet propaganda textile prints - the Russian mania of 2005-06 that appeared on the catwalks with Diane von Furstenberg‘s wrap dresses trussed up with military details, Costume National’s fur-hemmed coats, Hermès’s Bolshevik revolutionary caps and Anna Sui’s Russian print dresses.

’ve always loved Russia-inspired trends, and I have a few timeless garments inspired by Russian costumes and history that I always get out of my wardrobe when the trend comes back into fashion. In fact it looks like I will be wearing again my Russian clothes very soon as Karl Lagerfeld has just re-launched the trend during his Pre-Fall 09 collection for Chanel.

Entitled “Paris-Moscou”, the collection, presented last week at theThéâtre le Ranelagh, had a precise starting point, Coco Chanel’s love story with the Grand Duke Dmitri Pavlovich. This theme was explored also in a short film that can now be watched on the Chanel site and that opened the catwalk. Directed by Lagerfeld and inspired by Mack Sennett’s black-and-white silent movies, the 10 minute short features Lithuanian model Edita Vilkeviciute as Chanel, Brad Kroenig as Grand Duke Dmitri Pavlovich, Amanda Harlech and daughter Tallulah Ormsby-Gore as customer and model and a group of Chanel seamstresses starring as the women working at Chanel’s atelier in 1913. The silent film nicely connects the world of fashion and cinema and it’s an ironical introduction to the collection with Coco portrayed as an indomitable woman with a great irony that she often uses against her rivals such as Paul Poiret.

Though the Chanel Pre-Fall 09 collection has as main inspiration Gabrielle’s love story with Duke Pavlovich, the outfits presented were an explosive mix of different influences: Russian architecture appeared in the onion domes of buildings similar to Moscow’s Saint Basil’s Cathedral embroidered on jackets and coats and in the fantastic gold dome-like heels of the shoes; opulent Byzantine jewellery was referenced in the massive tiaras and headdresses worn by the models but also in the lavish gold and silver embroideries, decorated with pearls and feathers; the prints of Russian Constructivism and the colours of Aleksandra Ekster were replicated onto cardigans and dresses; the classic Chanel suit was reinterpreted in bright red, a colour that evokes the opulence of the court in tsarist Russia; men’s jumpers recalled with their asymmetrical fastening the traditional Russian blouse, while militaristic coats, fur hats and Cossack-style boots abounded and there was obviously a touch of Orientalism in some designs that echoed Léon Bakst's fabulous costumes for "Thamar" performed by Diaghilev's Ballets Russes in 1912, and Natalia Gontcharova's brilliantly colourful costumes for "Le Coq d'or" (The Golden Cockerel, originally staged in 1914).

Apparently Chanel's Russian influence will not stop with the Pre-Fall 09 collection, but will continue in its make-up line that will soon boast a new nail colour called "Nuit de Russie", a deep blue nail varnish already destined to become one of next year's best selling make-up products.

Guys,don't you think the show may be too fast?
I mean,now it is fall 08……Shouldn't Pre fall collection be held at the end of 09 SUMMER?
In the other hand,does it mean the fashion designer has designed S/S 2010?

you're a fashion newbie, huh?

retail-wise, we're in the middle of Cruise 09, the S/S 09 collection has been shown a few months before and therefore we're moving now on to PreFall, show-wise.

by the END of summer 09, retail would already be in the MIDDLE of PreFall and no fashion can show their collection while in the MIDDLE of it hitting the racks of their boutiques.

S/S 2010 will be shown in the fall of 09.

follow TFS for a year and you'll get the drill.i

where can i buy chanel male garments?
I check Chanl Hongkong boutique,and the answer is no

I think you can buy Chanel for Men in the following Chanel Boutiques:

Europe:
Paris (Rue Cambon)
London (Bond Street)
Milan - (Via San Andrea)

USA:
New York - (Madison Ave.)

Asia:
Tokyo -(Ginza)
Shanghai - (Nanjing West Road )

The setting is just breath taking. I was watching the trailer on chanel.com and I really liked the way to viewers where seated.
Sasha looks fantastic.
Has the photo/ad from chanel.com been posted?

i saw a special on it on french tv , they showed all the ateliers : lesage,...
i love the collection but i feel like the russia theme has been dones soooo many times, can t they move on to another country.
and the headpieces and some of the detailing is so reminding me of Lacroix

I think the choice of color is the easy way to remind people of Lacroix..
Red,Black,White...especially red...almostly a typical color the Lacroix's.

I think you can buy Chanel for Men in the following Chanel Boutiques:

Europe:
Paris (Rue Cambon)
London (Bond Street)
Milan - (Via San Andrea)

USA:
New York - (Madison Ave.)

Asia:
Tokyo -(Ginza)
Shanghai - (Nanjing West Road )

paris rue cambon - yes (the downstairs floor is just mens)

london bond st - no

milan - unsure

New York madison - no

Tokyo Ginzo - yes

Shanghai - unsure

New York madison - no

I was under the impression that the Madison Ave store was just jewlery-yes? 57th St would be the one if any of them carry mens- The Spring St store, I can't say- but there was none the last time I was there... :(

I never thought I will said this because I usually hate Karl's menswear collections but I love the men jackets speccially the one Sean O is wearing....maybe it's becuase I'm a sucker for military pieces, but these are very well done.

Women's it's like McQueen FW08 + Lacroix Couture which I loved but Karl never surprise me.

^agree..the military jackets are so good....i love the badges too

Thanks for all the HQs! :woot: This look is officially my new object of desire! :wub:

please do not quote images. thank you.

chanel.com

I agree... you can have the outfit I'll take the model! :D He's delicious

The mens' looks were far better I thought. I LOVE military wear, sharp tailored looks etc

About Chanel homme, Spring St. has in the past carried menswear, but the only time I was there they didn't have any. However, Jeffrey in the meatpacking district should still carry it.

And I think there's a thread somewhere in the Shop till You Drop section dedicated to Chanel menswear.

this is such a breathtaking collection.

Karl brings down the house (again) :buzz: :clap:

Here's a quick video showcasing the details of the fabulous collection
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoAILM1To54&feature=channel_page

I love that although it is a bit choppy, it still focuses on the details of the clothing paired with the slow motion of the models walking really makes it a great presentation.
My favorites, though, where the ruby lacquered bags, pearl tiaras, the military uniform jackets. The collection as a whole was fantastic, and might I add: yay for Sasha's opening :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->