1950s-1980s Pierre Cardin

the black one is great! thanks for sharing, baizilla!

"space age" clothing design has always been, and continues to be, my favorite of all fashion aesthetics...my heart just beats so fast for it! :heart: i love the enormous necklines, the buttons, the shapes..everything.

these pictures are lovely! i believe one of my favorite contempory designers, rebecca turbow, is very heavily influenced by this work, too ^_^

thank you, tott, for bringing in this thread! such a beautiful showcase.

I love his work and all teh 'space age' designers, it's so creative.

i love all the pics. Sad that this brand is no high fashion any more.

I adore his vintage clothing, although I'm not the hugest fan of the way the brand has practically sold its name for a quick buck. I wish there was a museum for his old work, I would love to go there :blush:

model_couture said:
I'm not the hugest fan of the way the brand has practically sold its name for a quick buck.
Ditto- before i knew much about fashion, i thought pierre cardin was a cheap sears level brand of stuff. They totally ruined the name... :(

great designs! the first that came to my mind were certainly his shoes, which i love....

stilettogirl84 said:
Ditto- before i knew much about fashion, i thought pierre cardin was a cheap sears level brand of stuff. They totally ruined the name... :(
They try to bring it back. I saw it in Details. And Im like wtf is this in here for?! :blush:

Anyone noticed he's presenting in fashion week? (forgot which one)

Thanks for this thread. it's great to read about such a big designer(at least he was once)
thanks guys for the pics.

yes I love this thread ..he is a great designer I want to see more pics ... please more

..such beautiful shapes!!! thanx estella mare for posting them

Pierre Cardin in Istanbul

Wow it is great,he is in my city and i am watching him live on news now,it is like an interview...he is unbelievable and he is saying so nice things bout Istanbul,what a cute designer:lol:

Really interesting stuff, thanks for posting!

It is bewildering why the heads at Cardin would allow such rampant licensing. I realize that a quick buck is the probable reason, but they must realize that the extent to which the name has been diluted (cheap watches, pens, scarves sold at Dollar Store and Wal-mart) would completely ruin the image of the brand, doing irreversible damage.

Does anybody know what their stance is on this, currently? I believe Cardin still operates a boutique in Paris; how and why did they let it get so out of control????

It's such a shame; so many of the designs you posted are really quite brilliant.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->