1970s-1990s The Japanese Avant-garde

this collection from yamamoto looks good! there are several things which might be untypical for todays yamamoto- menswear. it let me become an even bigger fan of 90ies fashion from yy and cdg!
i recognized, that you scanned these from the magazine 'mr', runner. when i clicked through auction pages i saw, that this magazine showed plenty of runway photos from cdg homme plus in the 90ies (also the magazine 'brutus' had some editorials), so if you can find anymore pictures, even if they are small, please post them. i like homme plus from the 90ies more than anything else at the moment!

femme2j.jpg

lastx.jpg

My 80's (? not too sure, would love to know) Yohji tuxedo coat.

Thanks runner for all the pics!

Wekilledcouture, it looks like it could be late 80s. Can you show the other label with composition, etc?

the other label says:
fabrique au japon
100% laine wool

Doublure lining
100% cupro cupro

nettoyage a sec. essence
nepas secheren machine
repasser au fer doux

speaking off labels and codes... :smile:

on some care labels of comme des garcons menswear pieces it says 'ed. amano', printed in big capital letters. does anybody know what this stands for?

I think you have seen the labels that are sealed/stamped in vermilion or something.
it's the seal of the person in charge of the piece.

and those capital letters in question were printed there for the same purpose as that seal.
some of the stuff should have the letters instead of the seal.
maybe, isn't it a shirt user500 ?
there was a certain period they produced shirts at a manufacturer named amano, amano shirt.

absolutely...it has been a shirt.
thanks for the info, runner!

you're welcome user500

yohji S/S 97 shot by christophe rihet

my scan

F/W 94, legendary season

CdG, YY, issey miyake, etc

my scans

thanks a million times, runner!
these pictures of 94 a/w, i was always trying to find.
i want to wear only cdg hp from this season and sell all my other clothes, haha.
issey miyake and yamamoto looks great, too.

looks indeed, like it was a legendary season. this josé levy looks are great, too (i did not knew, yet).

Last edited by a moderator:
a 1987 japanese fashion magazine with a comme des garcons article, featuring rare images of 1970s cdg...

cdg1.jpg

cdg2.jpg

cdg3.jpg

scans by me

i was lucky enough to find several mid-80s japanese fashion magazines on 6th av the other day. some are called "Hi Fashion" and others are titled in japanese, so i don't know what they are called. when i get a chance i will scan more pages as there are many runway pics of cdg, yohji, issey, and other lesser known japanese designers. but here is a page from one of them showing a/w 85 collection highlights from issey miyake and junko shimada.

japan85.jpg

i have the coat shown in the first issey miyake runway picture:
miyake.jpg

pic & scan by me

in the 1q84 novel murakami writes that a female character wore a black jkt by cdg and a gucci hand bag to a dinner to an upscale restaurant. It was 1984. I'd like to imagine cdg jkt and gucci handbag (how could he?). and the character was a police woman.

sorry for off topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->