A Bag For Your Books - School Bag Recommendations

be careful with the prada messenger bag!! I have one and the zipper is not big enough to fit my books in - I can not fit my psych book or my precal- or my econ book in it - it would fit if the zipper was just a bit longer- thought it might help you out!! I bought it for school and I don't even use it for school cause no books fit into it!! hope this helps

Just get a Herve C. bag... it holds everything and mine has taken a huge beating and it's still good.

Originally posted by Orochian@May 13 2004, 03:53 PM
I like the XL black one. Kind of like a poor's man's Bottega Veneta :lol: Well, at $120, not that poor.

57293-p.jpg

[snapback]254557[/snapback]​
omg i LOVE that!! :woot:

I forget which one but either Victoria or Vanessa Traina (Danielle Steele's daughters) carry's their books in a Birkin! I know that's prob not realistic for a student, or for most people, but just thought I'd mention it! :flower:

I was looking for a good bag to take to school too, something thats not too showy but also something that i can take out shopping... i ended up getting a marc jacobs stella bag. the shoulder straps are the right length, and it fits so much in it. with the stella at least i feel i am not carrying the standard issue messenger or backpack...

Have you guys considered the Balenciaga medium le dix bag ? Its funny coz i had the same problem and i couldnt decide what to get for school this fall that was mulit-functional. If you guys can save a bit of $.. may I suggest the Hermes Herbag ($1500, which is interchangeable from a canvas backpack to a canvas purse; but is a pain to close the clasp ) or the Balenciaga Le Dix Bag in medium ($1095, hot seller at Barney's). Although it doesnt carry more than 1 notebook, it comes in many cool and fun colors. I bought the Lavender one. Otherwise, If you want to go inexpensive, maybe your "no name" black messenger bag (approx $30-50) is just as fashionble which I have as well. It's simple, carries alot of stuff and ppl know you are a student :smile: Prada messenger bag with the zipper in the front flap ($250 online) is nice too although its been out for a very long time. Hope this helps .

i carry a brown on brown timberland cinch bag to school har har har so thug its what all the cool kids do (not....really....)

Try that, its light and i bought it for 25 CANADIAN.

can't go wrong.

I have a pink tote bag with this dragonfly print on it that I got from Chinatown which I really like...But considering how cheap it was it may fall apart. I really liked that Gap bag too.

I'm only in high school, but my school is really big, and all of my classes are way away from each other so you only go to ur in the morning/afternoon and everyone carries totes, vera bradley's are popular, but i have one purse of hers and there nothing special lol! I was thinking either a Dooney and Bourke (one girl has one), but mostly I'm looking @ Longchamps. Any one have any input. I was thinking truffle brown w/ a pink stripe (u can mix n match ur own on longchamp.com >e-store) Is there quality good, do you think it's worth $120? (not that much...but if it's bad quality it's $120 too much!)

This is the fashion spot...we're supposed to be designer obsessives...
But still realistic. How the hell is she supposed to carry 4 books in those little things? Backpack people! Not handbag!
...continue...
[snapback]149935[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I go to UCL and i actually see people carrying designer bags as their book bags. Some guys carry Gucci messengers and one of the girls on my course uses a tiny Gucci handbag for her essentials and that's it!! I've seen a few other girls using Anya Hindmarsh totes. My friend uses a huge Fendi tote too.This term I'm going to use a purple suede hobo which is absolutely massive, and I've just ordered a gold metallic leather one in the same style, or i'll use my LV oversized tote. It is hard trying to find a stylish bag to use to carry all your stuff, but its not as if everyone's walking around campus with huge backpacks, but then again, we are in central London, so maybe we're meant to put a little more thought into it. I could never, ever use one of those.

HELP ME YOU HANDBAG FIENDS.

:lol:

I was thinking of getting a timbuk2 messenger, its affordable and [seemingly] durable, but the aesthetics aren't really what I like..

this is going to be my third attempt to bump this thread :lol:

http://www.***************/image/7152004184423.jpg
I'm afraid to admit I'm lusting after this 298$ Marc by Marc messenger.. :innocent: It is, however, out of my price range. I suppose I could splurge.. but that will make money even tighter..

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally prefer tote bags for carrying my books etc. around campus in. I think they look more feminine. I go to an extremely preppy school so I'm biased, but I love the Vineyard Vines tote bags. They come in a million patterns and have all these great pockets on the inside. Granted they are very New Englandy-Preppy but they're very functional and cute. Along the same lines are the L.L. Bean tote bags, which look cute with a monogram. I know that these aren't everyone's style, but I thought I'd throw out another view/opinion. :flower: I'd also eventually love a woven Bottega Veneta tote... sigh :blush:

I really like the marc jaocbs one for school, but I'm always carrying about 25 lb in books and stuff so I dont think it would hold up... I was thinking of an office balenciaga, but I doubt that could hold up either. Are there any nice big leather bags that would hold that much weight with daily use?

Oh and I agree with Luna, the Hervé bags are great and definitely take a beating. The large Longchamp totes are great as well, and they, too, come in lots of fun colors.

I like longchamp totes, but I'll probably need a messenger most the time.. maybe I'll get two...

I'm thinking this GAP messenger, I like it in person. And I only have one big textbook, so I'm sure it'll fit everything on my light days..

ga309522-01p1.jpg

I want a cute bag for college as well. Do you guys think this bag would be okay? Or would it be a bit odd having an oversized handbag as a bookbag? I only have a notebook and a few other light things, so that's not a problem. Thanks!:heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Luxury, where is that bag from? I think it would be quite cute as a bookbag in a sort of ironic, meta kind of way. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honorata
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->