A Bag For Your Books - School Bag Recommendations

Originally posted by dramatique@Apr 26th, 2004 - 11:25 pm
What do you guys think about buying Prada the ebay way? Chances of me getting a conterfeit?
What, you mean you actually considered buying Prada outside of eBay? :wink:

It's easy to tell if something's fake or not; just follow the general guidelines regarding eBay shopping that's been thoroughly discussed in this forum. Unfortunately the more desirable models are rare to show up, leaving you most often with oceans of mundane (but still authentic) bags.

Best thing to do is to go into a Prada store, and jot down the model numbers of the bags you like, then search on eBay with them. It'd make your search a lot easier.

Originally posted by dramatique@Apr 26th, 2004 - 11:54 pm
I was thinking about that :P I actually love her designs. Now where is that girl... :shifty:
You rrrrrrang? :P

So how about it, Luna? Got a lot of free time on your hands? :P :wink:

What, you mean you actually considered buying Prada outside of eBay?

good point. Cheapskate that I am. Well, a common design doesn't bother me for school because it's colloge. I am not about to grunge out but I don't think I'll be putting the effort into dressing up like usually do. As it is, I'll probably be the only girl still wearing heels around campus, kitten heels though they may be. :rolleyes:

What kinda messenger do you want? :wink:

If ya dont wanna wait, I bought a cool Levis denim messenger from yakpak.com a couple of years ago... i bought two identical rhinestone pins and permanently pinned them to each side of the flap of the bag. it's cute. people always ask me where i got it.. and i tell them "I'm a dork, I bought it online".

Oh yea.. I have two kate spade mini messengers.. one in red nylon microfiber stuff and one in black.. they're durable as hell (as mypuppy has chewed on one of the strap adjusters..) i use them to cart my crap around for class.

I was thinking of a sleek messenger bag that's big enough for books but not big enough to overwhelm me (I am barely 5'2 and tiny so when I carry a big bag, it's like I am not there. The bag is walking on air). And generally I am not too picky about other than that. I am not into the whole slouchy thing however (ala Abercrombie and Fitch). I do love Spades designs both her and her husband's.

This is one of the ones I am considering from Ebay. I sincerely hope it doesn't go up anymore. I can't afford to get into a bidding war:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...MEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

I wouldnt even know if that was real.. I'm totally not a Versace buff.

I would totally make you one if ya told me exactly what ya wanted :-P

Lena, ive been wanting a margiela messenger for sooo long! i absolutely love them. Its kinda of hard locating MM in the US, i think i might call IF boutique in NY to see if they have any. What is the price range of them? Thanks

Originally posted by luna@Apr 27th, 2004 - 12:16 am

That's what I was afriad of. Maybe someone here can verify. Anyone?

You would, Luna? You're the best! *hugs* I could pay you (scratch that. No could. I'll pay you). What do you need to know?

Originally posted by dramatique+Apr 27th, 2004 - 12:31 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dramatique @ Apr 27th, 2004 - 12:31 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-luna@Apr 27th, 2004 - 12:16 am

That's what I was afriad of. Maybe someone here can verify. Anyone?

You would, Luna? You're the best! *hugs* I could pay you (scratch that. No could. I'll pay you). What do you need to know? [/b][/quote]
Well for starters...

What material do you prefer...
How large would you like it...
How long of a strap
What type of a closure
:wacko:

Originally posted by luna@Apr 27th, 2004 - 12:38 am
What material do you prefer...
How large would you like it...
How long of a strap
What type of a closure
:wacko:
I can tell already that this is going to be just a little crazy :dizzy:

I was think of brown canvas or black nylon since those two look like they might be able to hold up the longest.

the measurements I'll get back to you on that because I need to measure a few bags to see which I would like.

The strap is it possible for it to be adjustable :unsure: ?

Closure I leave this to your creative interpretation :wink: I have seen some of your designs with some great hardware designs those might be interesting.

Feel free to play with this bag how you want. This is gonna be unique it might as well be uniquely us :flower: I am so excited about this. I can't believe you are doing this for me! Do you think this might be able to make it into your portfolio of bags?

Originally posted by dramatique@Apr 27th, 2004 - 12:14 am
I was thinking of a sleek messenger bag that's big enough for books but not big enough to overwhelm me (I am barely 5'2 and tiny so when I carry a big bag, it's like I am not there. The bag is walking on air). And generally I am not too picky about other than that. I am not into the whole slouchy thing however (ala Abercrombie and Fitch). I do love Spades designs both her and her husband's.

This is one of the ones I am considering from Ebay. I sincerely hope it doesn't go up anymore. I can't afford to get into a bidding war:

That Versace bag appears to be authentic, but it's not nearly big enough for school needs.

Unless all your books are pocket-size and you plan on folding all your A4-sized notes...

Originally posted by shoeaddict@Apr 25th, 2004 - 4:28 pm
I love my Timbuk2 bags-
they are designed for bike messangers, so they will take a lot of abuse!
On their website www.timbuk2.com you can design your own bag, picking colors, patterns etc.
Definitely Timbuk2!!

I love their messengers....so durable and I like how you can get them customized in whatever color you want and such

Originally posted by Orochian@Apr 27th, 2004 - 12:56 am
That Versace bag appears to be authentic, but it's not nearly big enough for school needs.

Unless all your books are pocket-size and you plan on folding all your A4-sized notes...
Dang it. I didn't even look at the measurements. Guess that might be a wise idea, huh? You're right, it is pretty small. Too small in fact. Pity, it's not too bad for a Versace bag.

Originally posted by Christopher31@Apr 27th, 2004 - 6:24 am
Lena, ive been wanting a margiela messenger for sooo long! i absolutely love them. Its kinda of hard locating MM in the US, i think i might call IF boutique in NY to see if they have any. What is the price range of them? Thanks
hey are not too expensive, maybe around 150-200 euros or even less.. for a leather style.
the basic idea is that one can hold on to these MMM bags until they fall apart (which they dont) they seem fresh season in season out .

i just have a MMM 'inspired' leather messenger myself, i somehow prefer leather messengers but i also use he good quality nylon ones.

Originally posted by Orochian+Apr 27th, 2004 - 12:56 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Orochian @ Apr 27th, 2004 - 12:56 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-dramatique@Apr 27th, 2004 - 12:14 am

Unless all your books are pocket-size and you plan on folding all your A4-sized notes... [/b][/quote]
Yes but if she's going to school in north america the notebooks are smaller. I realized this when I went to england and couldn't use any of my own notebooks. :wacko:

You are right, the notebooks here aren't A4. USA is the only known country (to me at least) at doesn't use A4 but the Versace messenger would still have been too small :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->