Aishwarya Rai On 60 Minutes

ingenue said:
she;s alright but i dont think she deserves title of most beautiful woman. maybe one of THE, but NOT "THE"// imo

agreed. I also sort of dislike the amount of make-up that she seems to be wearing. Like sugarpea mentioned, her eyeliner and lipstick/gloss/laquer are a bit much. :unsure:

Ho-Coture said:
She very pretty, but "the world's most beautiful woman?" not by a long shot.

I think that title is so effing stupid anyway. I remember when People magazine named Cher the "worlds most beautiful woman". Aishwarya doesnt do anything for me personally in terms of looks. She looks like the average pretty woman.

How is she the most beautiful woman in the world when much of the world doesn't know who she is?

I hate it when they give random people that title....

^ She's more or less THE Bollywood actress, isn't she? I knew her before she was on Oprah or dubbed 'the world's most beautiful woman.' She has been in a good 40ish movies.

She was also Miss World of 1994.

I think a lot of people outside of the US know who she is. :flower:

I love her eyes though! It's rather uncommon to have an Indian with GREY eyes.

She has a stunning face which resonates. I will have to go down to the flicker palace or perhaps order me up one of those shiny DVD things to see her in motion with the sound coming out of her mouth. Then we'll see how many roses I'll need to buy for my altar. Lovely woman, sez I.

VainJane said:
How is she the most beautiful woman in the world when much of the world doesn't know who she is?

I hate it when they give random people that title....

much of the world knows who she is....just because americans dont know her doesnt mean she isnt someone most people know...there are, gasp, famous people who arent american...

Where exactly is she famous, aside from Bollywood? Europe? Africa? East Asia? What has she done to claim such fame? No, seriously.

I do not find her attractive in the least. I think there's a pretty woman somewhere beneath the 10 pounds of make up she always seems to wear, but at first glance, my first thought is that she looks like she spends about 4 hours everyday in hair and make up.

i think she's overrated looks wise.....i've seen some of her movies, she's not a great actress either.

I haven't seen any of her movies, so I can't say for sure if she is a good actress, but looks-wise, she has it going on, although, she could lessen the make-up again. Gorgeous she is.

I wouldnt say shes the worlds beautiful woman, they should say "shes ONE of the worlds beautiful woman"? I think thats better :smile:

ChinaLove said:
Where exactly is she famous, aside from Bollywood? Europe? Africa? East Asia? What has she done to claim such fame? No, seriously.

firstly, bollywood is a not a region or a country....its the name given to the indian hindi-speaking film industry. secondly, bollywood films have an incredibly wide reach and so many people, from ghanaians to russians watch bollywood films...for that reason, there are billions of people who know who she is...its so interesting how many people are so ignorant of bollywood....it really suggests alot of usa-centric (for lack of a better word) thinking that is disturbing

sugarpea said:
firstly, bollywood is a not a region or a country....its the name given to the indian hindi-speaking film industry. secondly, bollywood films have an incredibly wide reach and so many people, from ghanaians to russians watch bollywood films...for that reason, there are billions of people who know who she is...its so interesting how many people are so ignorant of bollywood....it really suggests alot of usa-centric (for lack of a better word) thinking that is disturbing

Oh please, get over yourself. I know what Bollywood is, and I'm aware that Bollywood is not a country. I was just refering to the fact that she's probably more well known within that industry than probably anywhere else. I'm also not American, so my thinking is not Americentric. And it doesn't matter if people from all over the world watch Bollywood films, it doesn't mean she's that famous. And I doubt that her appeal or her fame is that widespread even in countries where people are aware of Bollywood. People watch her films, but is she mainstream? How many films does Bollywood pump out a year? Probably 10 times as much as Hollywood (maybe even more?) and yet no one from Bollywood gets a fraction of the kind of attention that someone from Hollywood gets.

ChinaLove said:
yet no one from Bollywood gets a fraction of the kind of attention that someone from Hollywood gets.

youd be surprised...

Well, I can't speak for every country but I know in both the UK and New Zealand there are a lot of Bollywood films being shown, not just on the free asian channels but on mainstream channels - i've watched a few in the UK and they've all been on channel 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->