Alec Baldwin's Threatening Message to Daughter

^ I agree. Yeah a lot of people have been called worse but that doesn't excuse a parent from saying that to their young daughter....it must be stressful enough having your parents go through a messy divorce without your Dad insulting you :o

That's absolutely terrible. That kind of statement from someone (your DAD no less!) is something that can leave a mark on you for life. :(

The Alec/Kim custody battle has been going on for yrs - shame on the Judges & lawyers for allowing it to go on so long.

True Alec has a temper but Kim has some serious issues herself, I don't see either one of them ever thinking of their daughter's needs first. It's become a personal and vicious fight between the 2 of them.

With that much hate between the two parents, there has to be a hell lot of attraction there too.

The thing is, the message was already a court document, sealed by court order. So someone (hmmmm, I wonder whom???) had to leak it to the press. Both of them are so consumed by their ill will towards each other that they have neither their child's best interests or even the law on their minds. Both need serious help and shouldn't be taking their slug-fest to the media.

That being said, I love my mother and we have a good relationship, but thinking back on our fights, she's probably said things that were just as bad and I've said worse. It's odd because my mother isn't abusive AT ALL and neither am I, but sometimes you get very frustrated and can't control what comes out of your mouth.

So, I wouldn't be so quick to judge, because I've heard my friends argue with their parents as well and it's never pretty. It's PERSONAL and I think that's the point.

Jeez, why do some people think parents immune to tempers? Parents were once children too, just often wiser and less hormonal. It doesn't make them perfect. Once my Dad lost his temper really badly because I refused to eat a tomato baguette and he called me a 'f*cking rude spoilt little brat'. My Dad is the coolest yo. And you know what, I was being a brat. Maybe this kid was too. And my Dad has never cussed me out since. But hey - if I had been famous...

I would have been around the same age as his daughter too..

This is so terrible... Poor girl getting caught up in this.

I can't see where some of you are coming from on this one... were your parents so laid-back they were horizontal? Did they never get angry? Did they never swear?

Yeah exactly. My parents get really angry when I don't talk to them. This guy wants to spend time talking with his kid who he loves (I believe), but she doesn't even answer the phone and ignores his calls. I'd be pissed off too.

Ashcottmanor said:
He's a jerk and always will be. Poor daughter of his, to have to take verbal harassments like that. I hope Kim has a stronger case now because of this.
i agree... kim seems like a good mother...i don't see alec's point in past few yrs, when he tried to get a custody...
i lost any respect for him!!!

and yes, parent do say a lot of stuff, but this girl is 11... and her parents are divorced celebs... that is the problem... i have problems with my mum, but she wasn't like that before i was like 18, when i started to have big mouth issues...

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I don't have ANY problems with my Dad and he still got really really angry with me. Every situation is different and none of us will never understand it. But at least with our personal lives, none of it was recorded and sent to millions of people around the world. Our petty fights weren't taken completely out of context. Leaking this media is disgraceful.

hum, my mom has definitely had her memorable moments when she called me an a****** (classy :innocent: ) and I don't resent her one bit.. as I've probably called her worse :ninja: .. of course, fights are fights and like xmodelcitizen said, they're never pretty.. however, I think there's some degree of tolerance of such offenses when you're close to somebody, I know I'd be teethless if I'd talk to strangers the way I talk to my sister sometimes and that's the thing, Alec doesn't even live with her daughter, and even though he is her father afterall, they don't enjoy the 'family' environment that such language requires.. quite the opposite actually, they're more enemies and for whatever reason, the girl has already sided with her mother for a very long time now so whether this is true or not, it's a stupid move from him that just crashes his already crashed reputation as a father.. I'd probably sue my own father if he'd call me on the phone, ask me to go out, and reply with such stupidity if I refuse haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's sad how fathers are always the villains though....the current laws make it far too easy for mothers to win any case just for being female.

Both those parents are stupid. If they really loved and thought about their daughter, they wouldn't treat her like that. They would think about her and not think about arguing!

An angry parent, nothing new. I honestly don't think it's a big deal.

The person who leaked it is an ***.

justlooking said:
An angry parent, nothing new. I honestly don't think it's a big deal.

The person who leaked it is an ***.

Agreed on all counts. "Angry parent" isn't a big deal. Happens all the time. I think those of us that are objecting to this, and remembering our own hurtful experiences, are coming from a different place, and probably projecting.

My mother's said horrible things to me too - but we have a strong base of love and trust. I know she unconditionally loves me. I unconditionally love her. We could say the worst things to each other, have screaming fights (and we have, many many times) and still everything is okay because she loves me and I love her, a relationship built through the years to withstand anything.

On the other hand, my father has never made more than a superficial attempt at a relationship (though to be fair, I'm beginning to see he isn't capable and has mental issues), says he loves us, and then is physically, emotionally, and mentally abusive. And I'm not someone who can't take an insult or a smack when I deserve it - I have and I can. I know the line between discipline and abuse. He's threatened to kill us, he's physically intimidating - and yet, to the public, "so laid back he's horizontal". I can't take harsh words from my father because I know he means them, and is thinking worse.

I hope that's not the case with Ireland, but we all project our own issues and experiences, those of us thinking Alec is being abusive, and those of us thinking it's perfectly acceptable.

I'm not going to call him a jerk, nor am I going to say he is a bad father; because we don't know him, we don't know the true story behind this outburst other than what the media has shown us. I will, however, call the mother a jerk for leaking this out for everyone to hear this. This has nothing to do with you and me, so why did she feel the need to make it public? When I was younger my parents called me far worse than what he has called his daughter and I would get beaten for doing something bad or for not showing any respect to my elders. That is how I was grown up, but I never once doubted that my parents loved me, some people has a different way of teaching their kids. I'm not saying him yelling at his daughter is right, but as my father said "There are times some parents feel like they could strangle their kids, but that doesn't mean they don't love their children.".

If some of you disagree with me, that is fine, we're all entitled to our own opinion, but I don't see him as a bad father, or a bad person for that out burst, because even at a younger age I went through with it and I DIDN'T need any therapy and my parents are both great people, and I love them a lot. :smile:

Btw, if you guys were wondering, i'm half Chinese and half Portuguese. :P

MulletProof said:
hum, my mom has definitely had her memorable moments when she called me an a****** (classy :innocent: ) and I don't resent her one bit..
Did you burst out laughing? I'll admit that I have, on the rare occasion, but only when confronted with my mother's anger. My dad I still find utterly terrifying sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->