Alexander McQueen F/W 11.12 : Raquel Zimmermann by David Sims

By Nick Knight?

I like it, but it really isn't anything special.

Glad Sarah Burton is doing print ads now. I agree with Ives, it's nothing spectacular.

It looks really epic! I cant wait to see it in HQ; also which magazine did you snap it out from?

Wow! Very interesting, it reminds me of her V #50 editorial by Sims, this was also shot by David Sims btw. :flower:

Thanks for the snap honeycombchild ^_^

i gotta admit mcqueen campaigns are pretty unmemorable for me usually

but this is actually great :smile:

It looks lovely, I like the colors in the second shot but I need to see more to decide if I really like it or not.

Seriously this is immense. Beautifully realised and I can't wait to see it IRL.:heart:
Thanks for the snap honeycombchild:flower:

I wish McQueen would expand their campaign. It always just consists of like one shot.

From what I can see it looks like it's a pretty gorgeous advert. And Jenna16, I agree I wish McQueen would expand their campaign however I kinda like that it doesn't have to fully rely on advertising to sell products. The brand is so well known that it really doesn't need ads to lure people into buying the clothes. I mean, loads of people who aren't "into fashion" know the Alexander McQueen brand. Just look at how well the exhibit at the Met has done. It's truly a testament to McQueen's work how loyal his fans are.

The brand is becoming far too commercial and them now doing print ads proves it.

However the ad is incredibly beautiful and represents the collection well, although a darker setting would of been far more appropriate.

Is a campaign of two pages? I don't like the contrast, and the composition of the second half is awful -that colorful frame :yuk:-. But i like the coldness keeping of the runway, and the pose is awesome.

2 pages for that shot?
it doesnt even show any relative tween that 2 pages i guess

I love that Raquel is monochromatic and the beauty of the heavens is showing behind the clouds... it looks like the shape of wings. Does anyone else see that too?

I'm hoping it's more than one shot because of the massive exposure given at the MET and the royal wedding. Brava, Raquel, brava!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->