Alexander McQueen F/W 11.12 : Raquel Zimmermann by David Sims

then you must not know how the fashion industry works. brands like McQueen can be in the red for years and years until they hit a sweet spot with some accessory that will slowly help them out of the red. they 'get by' by being in permanent debt. some companies are even just kept around for their prestige, even if they sell barely thing.

I'm sorry but I feel like you are not really understanding my posts. I understand that the big moneymakers at McQueen are not its extravagant gowns but its scarfs, bags, boots and other accessories, especially its skull stuff. Fashion houses advertise/seek publicity to sell their image as a prestigious brand. Not to sell the clothes that say Raquel is wearing in the new campaign. And therefore by keeping up this image they are getting funding and furthermore, making their skull scarves, for example, appeal to consumers. What I'm saying that is in this day and age them becoming more commercial is necessary to keep their image. The type of publicity McQueen used to get/rely on would be so diluted in todays world were media has expanded so much. That is what I believe.

I understand where you are coming from but money is still part of it. If companies were just kept around for their prestige, Lacroix would have never gone under. If a fashion house is not "selling themselves" well enough they are not going to be able to stay afloat. Even if a house like McQueen is always in dept they are still getting money from somewhere to continue their work.

Oh jeez-- this is awful. There's simply too much going on: the graphic set(ting), the digital-imaging with the lights, and the graphic-overlay design. It just ends up looking like a scrapbook.

McQueen always had a surreal vibe to his adverts, all the way up to the Nick Knight produced ones for Plato's Atlantis , but they were never heavy-handed or excessive in concept or design, McQueen the man knew restraint. Sarah doesn't. It's evident in her designs for the label, she's more Marchesa than McQueen in aesthetic. And who knows how involved she is with these adverts, but the pattern of showing no restraint is clearly present in the execution of these adverts.

photo11rl.jpg

Winning caption: "Ummm so the world decides to end on my wedding day? That's just great!!! -___-" —Kaila Stanley

Runners up: "Give me the strength (because I already have the dress)..." —Jessica Dacanay

"Filed under: 'Kate Middleton Rejects'" —Kim Mickenberg
refinery29

There have been several campaigns the last couple of years. I can definitely remember the one for f/w 08 and s/s 11.

This campaign is absolutely amazing in my opinion. The dark mood of the shots really fits the collection and underlines its deepness.
Raquel is perfect in this! The shot with the black hood is stunning.

2ez7ivl.gif

from alexandermcqueen.comgif by the amazing jess93 :flower:
Posted via Mobile Device

^Thanks a lot for scanning Northern Star.Which magazine is this from?

i dont get the lundscape image it looks like a image above other but its not...im confused!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->