Alexander McQueen S/S 2015 Paris

marcBarna

Reaction score
Alexander-McQueen-Paris-RTW-SS15-2896-1412107163-mediumbigthumb.jpg

nowfashion.com

The face accessory was the perfect detail. The shoes just took away the power of the clothes so much that it bothers me.

nope. it's very reminiscent of prada spring 2013 as for the general idea and some of the prints. it's repetitive, every single shape and cut we've seen before from sarah, and the fabric - at least for my taste - is totally unappealing. i really liked the fall collection but this is far from exciting imo.

Reminds me of Prada somehow. What a mess. What happened to the magic? The crazy drama? Ugh

It seems like this is her tribute since the day she took over the brand cause i can see a lot of familiar sihouettes from her past collections but in a very safe way. I find it too lazy when there are no differences from first half of the collection, may be just slightly different.

To me this is one of Sarah's strongest collections. I love the mix of the fabrics because right when you think it's monotonous she gives you the sheer and airy touches needed to give it a bit of depth. Especially, the second half of the collection was so good. Didn't love it as much as her fall show but it's definitely beautiful and those masks were flawless!

Everything it´s so wearable imo, from the shapes to the prints. I like the self referencing with the dresses at the end.

Someone has to tell this woman McQueen was about macabre, sharp, aggressivity, derangement and darkness; and you can´t find all that in her clothes.
McQueen was like "Suspiria" by Dario Argento...and Sarah is more "Scary Movie" than anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
SERIOUSLY STOP comparing this to Lee McQueen collections. Its the same with Raf at Dior. There is NO POINT comparing Sarah and Lee or Raf to John.

Sarah has her own design aesthetic, the road she wants to pursue. This is where she wants to take the brand and Kerring are happy with it, for the first time in forever, McQueen is making money and they will carry on with this aesthetic until it no longer does.

Someone has to tell this woman McQueen was about macabre, sharp, aggressivity, derangement and darkness; and you can´t find all that in her clothes.
McQueen was like "Suspiria" by Dario Argento...and Sarah is more "Scary Movie" than anything else.

I think Sarah probably knows better than anyone else what McQueen was all about. But at the end of the day Alexander McQueen was always going to take a different direction after Lee's passing - Sarah doesn't have that darkness to her, her collections are more optimistic and feminine. 4 years have passed, we can't keep comparing her to Lee because she can't be something she's not.

Just editing to say I actually think this is one of her stronger collections, I'm glad to see less bulky shapes. Everything feels much more fluid and I'm pleased there are some new silhouettes in there.

Someone needs to take this brand out of its misery. It's suffered long enough.

SERIOUSLY STOP comparing this to Lee McQueen collections. Its the same with Raf at Dior. There is NO POINT comparing Sarah and Lee or Raf to John.

Sarah has her own design aesthetic, the road she wants to pursue. This is where she wants to take the brand and Kerring are happy with it, for the first time in forever, McQueen is making money and they will carry on with this aesthetic until it no longer does.

Why should I stop? I know there is no comparison between one and the other; but still I miss Mcqueen real style. I am not a conformist either.
And I don´t care if they are making money about it. I am here to talk about style and fashion, this is not an economic forum.

Sarah Burton said that she will do her best to maintain Mcqueen's aesthetic but she is not a dark person herself. He tells her about a painful childhood while Burton did not. Therefore her designs still has the Mcqueen in her but she takes it into the light instead.

I think Sarah probably knows better than anyone else what McQueen was all about. But at the end of the day Alexander McQueen was always going to take a different direction after Lee's passing - Sarah doesn't have that darkness to her, her collections are more optimistic and feminine. 4 years have passed, we can't keep comparing her to Lee because she can't be something she's not.

Just editing to say I actually think this is one of her stronger collections, I'm glad to see less bulky shapes. Everything feels much more fluid and I'm pleased there are some new silhouettes in there.

The point is not her more optimistic and feminine style. The point is there´s not McQueen DNA in Sarah´s clothes at all.

Sarah Burton said that she will do her best to maintain Mcqueen's aesthetic but she is not a dark person herself. He tells her about a painful childhood while Burton did not. Therefore her designs still has the Mcqueen in her but she takes it into the light instead.

So much light it is unrecognizable as a brand!

So much light it is unrecognizable as a brand!

What did you make of FW14/15 then? The brand was always going to evolve and change, no one would have been able to recreate Lee's genius. Who is going to be able to live up to him? I don't know who people would be happy to see take Sarah's place :unsure:

What did you make of FW14/15 then? The brand was always going to evolve and change, no one would have been able to recreate Lee's genius. Who is going to be able to live up to him? I don't know who people would be happy to see take Sarah's place :unsure:

The kind of darkness from FW 14/15 is very stereotyped to me. It is very constricted, I can´t feel wildness in it. It is lacking macabre factor.

Of course a brand must evolve, because creating the same is boring; but there must be a foundation to it.

I don´t know who could be a suitable designer for Alexander McQueen, but for me Sarah is not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjustken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->